STOP! LET ME GO!!!

-

ragtopfury

Reaction score
So my daughter is 11. She's a petite little thing standing 4 to 10 inches shorter than all her friends. People think she's only 8 or 9.
Anyway, one of the last times we were all in Hobby Lobby, she and I wandered off to the markers/pencils section to waste time while wifey looked around. I told her let's test security protocol and public awareness. Told her I'd pick her up like a sack of potatoes and start walking fast towards the door and she could start yelling STOP - LET ME GO - I WANT MY MOM.

She wouldn't go for it. Said mom would be really mad at me. But we did laugh about it the rest of the day.

I see bad things coming from fun like that. The PO- PO would be called immediately, and all kinds of other fun things.

Old friend of mine had a "willing wife", well under 5 ft tall. They would role play with wife at bus stop in school uniform and he would pull up in the car and she would hop in lol.

A girl I worked with had a mom in a wheel chair. For fun, they would go to the mall and act out multiple elder abuse scenarios. Those two were so close, and would have a blast doing it. They got some looks I'll tell you.

What if someone with a firearm draws down on you. With the mistaken presumption your a kidnapper. BANG!!Youre dead. Great memory for a kid to carry for the rest of their lives.Think about your actions and the consequences .

Wow! That would be really desperation for some entertainment. You might have a person carrying hold you at gun point till the cops show up... and I bet you get charged for that game! I'd find a back road and burn some tires or something..... lol

Wow! That would be really desperation for some entertainment. You might have a person carrying hold you at gun point till the cops show up... and I bet you get charged for that game! I'd find a back road and burn some tires or something..... lol
im guessing no one here is familiar with the murder of Kitty Genovese?

That kind of fun is very dangerous, I am one of the many gun carrier's that are out there today, if I were there I would have pulled mine on you immediately and held you till the cops came.

OK, OK I get it guys. Bad idea on my end.

On a positive note, if your comments are reflected of the general population, a stop would be made and the kid would remain safe. Good to know.

You remember that? Thought you were kind of new,
I think it was mentioned in a show I watched once, "law and order SVU" perhaps?

That murder took place 4 decades before I came to the US and 2 decades before I was born

According to newspaper articles of the time there were 38 witnesses to the assault and consequent murder and not a single one of them bother to lend a hand or even dial 911

I wouldn't suggest playing cop and holding anyone at gunpoint.

If you were a licenses gun carrier, you wouldn't help a child you thought was being kidnapped? Isn't that the point of carrying a gun, to defend yourself and others around you?

If you were a licenses gun carrier, you wouldn't help a child you thought was being kidnapped? Isn't that the point of carrying a gun, to defend yourself and others around you?
Sure, but with a child involved, I'd do it without the gun first. I'm a pretty big guy. I'm quite sure I can tackle another pretty big guy and knock a kid outta his hands.

That said, I think I'd think of another "joke" to pull. I used to go to the intercom in Wal Mart and K Mart and pick it up and say in a REALLY gay voice "Code C to lingerie, code C to lingerie please" and Kitty and every other customer in the store would bout bust a gut.

I wouldn't suggest playing cop and holding anyone at gunpoint.
I absolutely agree. I'm a staunch 2nd amendment supporter. I carry EVERYWHERE. So much so, I often times have to turn around and go back to the car when going to the government center in town. Anything with a gun would still be my ABSOLUTE last resort. Sometimes you can be more effective without using a firearm.

If a gun is involved sure, I'm not going to use a gun when in most cases I could physically detain someone or follow them until the police arrive.
I was taught, if you're going to pull a gun, it's time to use it.

-
Back