Stop in for a cup of coffee

-
EXCUSE.jpg
popeye.jpg

Hey there David. How are you feeling?

Hey Tike, I am feeling really good....just now I sneezed really hard and just barely a twinge and otherwise I am back to normal pretty much, actually better because I can eat now without troubles. The surgeon said that piece they took out was all twisted and just really f-d up. Only thing is after a few hours of walking around, I get pretty tired and I lie down. Pretty good for 10 days post-op.

Get this, talking to my Mom just now, she made an off-hand comment that my step-dad had saved a FL license tag, "I think it might be from 1971, I was wondering what to do with it." He was sentimental about my Mom's '66 Valiant and that was right around when they were first married.

FINALLY have just the perfect front license plate for the Fury!!

Nice.... :thumbsup:

Yep Mike, thanks, and I am happy to see you got some awesome progress on Victoria.
Thank's, yep, that trans set me back 3 months waiting on the guy I sold the Ramcharger to, he was supose to take it out for me, now he ows me $150.00 because I sold it to him cheeper if he removed it and set in my shop floor

And what are you doing under the blanket????

View attachment 1715277438
That can of paint is going to explode on some one :rofl:

So, I called My insurance and they said I needed to deal directly with the other guys insurance since it was his fault.... So, now I have to wait for them to talk to the other guy. Apparently he did call it in, but did not give the adjuster a statement yet. I guess I will be driving the wife mobile to work for at least a few days.

That sucks... Get ready for the run-around from the other insurance company.... :BangHead:

So by a weird chance I found a family recipe in a 1964 Florida Cookbook my coworker gave me, that my step-dad's Mom contributed, they were well off and his father loved crab meat. I bought a pound of fresh crab meat yesterday, so I am going to make it and bring it in to work. Need a couple ingredients so I'll take the Fury to the store in a little while, and it is Cars N Coffee there this morning too....

I have my dad's PA bicentennial plate that would be correct for my 75. For now I am running a PA historic vehicle plate. They charge an extra $75 to re-register an old plate, but give you a new one. Not sure how that makes any sense other than stealing my money. :BangHead:

It makes sense that the gov't will steal your money...

Don't steal, the government hates competition... :wtf:

I think some attitudes are different in the South...the requirement of a front license plate is a foreign idea in these parts. Something you only see in "yankee states." Plus you rarely even see cops around here. Maybe I am wrong about this but I just don't see anyone messing with me about it.

Michigan doesn't require a front plate, Illinois does...

PA does not have front plates either. Not sure if they pay any attention to it. Lots of people run other plates up front, but have never seen a 'real' plate used. I was actually thinking it could be more of an issue if driving in a state that does use them. PA recently eliminated using date stickers on the plate for registration. I know it was resulting in tickets from (mostly other states) officers who were not aware of this.

They take pics of the front plates here when you go through red light cameras and toll booths...

I had just bought my brand new '79 Yota 4x4. First thing to do was put the 49 state Cibie headlights in it. Plate come a month later and I got the back one but drug my feet on the front plate. Dad says for what reason I don't recall he wants to drive my truck back home on a Friday afternoon. We were working for the same outfit in San Fernando Valley and living in Barstow, it's a construction thing, go where the work is. A CHP heading the opposite direction on a desert 2 lane highway flips a ***** and lights him up. Hands Dad a fixit ticket for both infractions. He was not a happy camper when I saw him Monday morning at work. :rofl:

You bought a Yoda???? :D

It is foggy outside and a very slow time of year here, so probably not much turnout, but my die-hard Mopar buddy might still drive out here. First time I went to this little gathering, I glanced over and saw his ' 68 Fury convertible, 383 commando, 4 speed...I bare faced asked him to give me a ride in it...he showed me what it could do. He owned it for a long time but sold it to a guy in Australia last year. He wants to concentrate restoring his Dad's Challenger. Anyway I hope he's there, I'll let him take me for a ride in my Fury, he's only driven it once and it wasn't running that good then.

The times I put them on the plate were rare. When I did it was usually late in the year and even then scored them up so they wouldn't come off intact.

I've got a small collection here for when people start looking for date correct plates from late 90s - 2017 LOL

I used to score the tags on my plates in the old days, but no need to now as they print the license plate number on the tag now so the police can tell if it belongs on that plate...

They take pics of the front plates here when you go through red light cameras and toll booths...
Kansas doesn't have a front plate. When you go through the toll booth it does take a pic of the front and rear plate area.
Those double plate states do drive down our roads, dodging those pot holes caused by low bid and poor maintenance.
Sorry!!

We can take an older Kansas tag and register it to your car.
My 67 has an old 67 Kansas license tag on it.
No other current tag in addition required.
I renew it every year like a regular tag.

-
Back