Stop in for a cup of coffee

-
Big money is what funds the sport and keeps it alive. Without it, it’s just a bunch of good ol’ Boys running around a dirt track for fun.

You wouldn’t even be able to watch it unless you went to the track and the gate money wouldn’t be enough to keep it alive.

It’s a business, and that what makes it what it is. Sponsors aren’t doing it for the fun of it.
Oh I get that. Just would like to see it more like the older days. But I’m crazy and think I was born in the wrong decade too

Pretty much every night at the race track is $50 for this spectator. Chances are the % of that the operator gets to keep is mighty low after operating costs. Liability insurance probably eats half of an adult admission.
Wow, around here, it’s a 12-15 for most tracks, 20 to 30 for the super big races on Labor Day and Memorial depending on which track. Front row box seats are 100-150 depending on event and track but you typically get 4-6 seats for that price.

Our run what you brung track just closed down...losing money they say..
That blows. Every Friday night April thru August, the local drag strip hosts an anything on wheels drag race. They’re packed and you’re lucky to get one run it before the county sound ordinance kicks in at 1 am.

Wow, around here, it’s a 12-15 for most tracks, 20 to 30 for the super big races on Labor Day and Memorial depending on which track. Front row box seats are 100-150 depending on event and track but you typically get 4-6 seats for that price.

That estimate would include an adult beverage and a trip to the snack bar along with the admission. Special shows get bigger admission $. I'm okay with that. Rumor has it 1 day at a large theme park 3 hours south of here is $100/body. It's business.

No weather caused a problem for Jimmy. Today for sure.

I am sure it will be something simple/overlooked.
Well I hope so. Biggest think is getting fuel running through the new pump. A couple times we have cranked on it until the battery went dead and still noting in the filter.
Now the neighbor is starting to question the crank power of the battery. Its one of the maintenance free original looking like battery. Its a couple years old not sure what the life is on them. I've lost the instructions for it, but know I wasn't suppose to use much more than a trickle charger on it.
There is another restoration battery seller online. I'll call them later this morning.

Well I hope so. Biggest think is getting fuel running through the new pump. A couple times we have cranked on it until the battery went dead and still noting in the filter.
Now the neighbor is starting to question the crank power of the battery. Its one of the maintenance free original looking like battery. Its a couple years old not sure what the life is on them. I've lost the instructions for it, but know I wasn't suppose to use much more than a trickle charger on it.
There is another restoration battery seller online. I'll call them later this morning.
If it is a sealed AGM battery you either have to trickle it or set the charger to AGM setting. Just trickle it you will be safe either way.

Time for ear plugs, been up and down all night all morning, wife got on an energy drink kick yesterday and snored threw out the night and morning, on and off, I gave up on getting any sleep :BangHead:.... so here I am drinking a cup of coffee .......

If it is a sealed AGM battery you either have to trickle it or set the charger to AGM setting. Just trickle it you will be safe either way.
Ya I was reading about the AGM charge setting yesterday. I have an old charger need to invest in a new one.

Good morning soldier....oops weekends over. :thumbsup:
Not yet. I’m still on. We had a bunch of issues come up yesterday and couldn’t get all the investigations done, so I’m being split trained to come in today and finish them

Just trickle it now so it will be ready. Never really got why the AGM is charged different. Does the cars charging system know it? NO!

A energy drink and snoring! That is kind of funny! Power snoring at its best!
I think it's the energy drink that makes her snore , those drinks are very bad for you and now they are bad on me because I am not getting good rest

Time for ear plugs, been up and down all night all morning, wife got on an energy drink kick yesterday and snored threw out the night and morning, on and off, I gave up on getting any sleep :BangHead:.... so here I am drinking a cup of coffee .......
Good morning Mike!! Sorry though for the reasons you had to join us.
Wife and I BOTH have sleep apnea and sleep with CPAPS.
Takes care of any snoring.:thumbsup:

-
Back