Stop in for a cup of coffee

-
fun, fun.
Tornado warning just a little north west of us. Passing over where I work. They have bundles of new foam insulation on roof. Just started replacement last week...

fun, fun.
Tornado warning just a little north west of us. Passing over where I work. They have bundles of new foam insulation on roof. Just started replacement last week...
Oops, not any more.

Got my dirt grinding done. I keep edging out a bit farther each year. Up to about 15 x 24ft. Hops are at least 50 sq ft of that. Old garden farther down back was 20x 40. Moved it closer to the house a several years ago after a couple dry years for easier watering.
Checked Ace and was not impressed with plant or seed selection. So going elsewhere. Hopefully get something planted yet today.

View attachment 1715337432
Decided I didn't want to feed as much to the rabbits this year so threw a chicken wire fence together. Got most of it planted. Still need to do the seeds. Got small packs of green beans, snap peas and radishes. Plus she has a blueberry bush that is going in there.

4F7C2DFA-101C-4D1E-A676-A266F92A20E3.jpeg

DAF769D7-4DD9-4181-B6CE-2BA503B6D6FE.jpeg

Decided I didn't want to feed as much to the rabbits this year so threw a chicken wire fence together. Got most of it planted. Still need to do the seeds. Got small packs of green beans, snap peas and radishes. Plus she has a blueberry bush that is going in there.

View attachment 1715337601

View attachment 1715337602
Nice! I planted a couple tomatoes and peppers in Whiskey barrels at my son's house. I hope to fashion some raised gardens out of some deck boards he got for free. Probably 3 or 4x8 with 4x4's for corner posts, fill with free compost and top with some black dirt. I need some radishes, onions, green beans and peas for starters. Hey, what kind of hops do you have and do you brew?

I just had to do a ‘71 Demon in Citronyella. It was what I owned when I loaded up my stuff and drove off to Art School in 1981.

05B5551C-AFC0-4135-B3FB-2E4C931AEC9F.jpeg

Nice! I planted a couple tomatoes and peppers in Whiskey barrels at my son's house. I hope to fashion some raised gardens out of some deck boards he got for free. Probably 3 or 4x8 with 4x4's for corner posts, fill with free compost and top with some black dirt. I need some radishes, onions, green beans and peas for starters. Hey, what kind of hops do you have and do you brew?
I have not tried brewing, but will eventually get around to it. That was the plan. For now, they make a nice ornamental. lol
Not 100% sure what they are. Original batch was Cascade, but only 3 of them survived. Not positive what the second batch was, but Hoppy said he thought they were Magnum.

Taking a much needed break. Mae invited my sister over for her birthday( tomorrow actually) She requested Taco's, so we just had that and I had a Negra Modelo left over from Drinko de Mayo. :thumbsup: Good lookin 'death by chocolate' type cake in the fridge for later... Mmmm

I have not tried brewing, but will eventually get around to it. That was the plan. For now, they make a nice ornamental. lol
Not 100% sure what they are. Original batch was Cascade, but only 3 of them survived. Not positive what the second batch was, but Hoppy said he thought they were Magnum.
Cascade and Magnum are both very popular. As you may know, I brew quite a bit. It is a fun hobby. Start out with a simple Mr. Beer kit and go from there. I have graduated to partial mashes (boil grain and add the hops to liquid malt extract) I don't need to get into a all grain batch. I have 15 or so gallons ready now. I don't enjoy the store bought stuff much any more. LOL

I've got quite a bit from Lowes in past. I don't really plant much of any one thing, so doing mostly plants vs seeds. I think the only exceptions will be green beans. Might run up to Tractor Supply and see what they have. We have a good greenhouse very close that the wife gets a lot of stuff from. She already got a few tomatoes, green peppers, couple cucs and some kale. I just ran down and got a yellow tomato, a cherry tomato, couple each of zucchini and yellow squash, a yellow and a red pepper.
Hi Keith! We've been growing the Blue Lake bush beans and the Royal Burgundy bush beans for years and years and maaaaan are they good, everybody raves about 'em, and they're a nice mix. Real good production and real low maintenance, plus nuthin' seems to stop 'em - just rake up a couple low hills 8 inches or so high maybe 3 feet apart, scrape down an inch or so, plant 'em every inch and a half or so, brush the dirt back over and stand back. Every year we have to call in friends to pick 'em after we have all our canning jars packed full. Ya' start gettin' beans in 60 or 80 days and they just keep crankin' 'em out til the frost hits. And no stakin' 'em up. And they're just about stringless as long as ya' don't let the pods get bigger than 4 or 5 inches. We get the seeds over at the Do-It-Best hardware.

Evening took a hard turn from peet bog to Rhone valley. We grilled some deer back strap with home made jalapeño biscuits. A good red just sets venison off. I was to lazy to fetch wine glass from bar so rinsed and went for it! Life is good.

Hi Keith! We've been growing the Blue Lake bush beans and the Royal Burgundy bush beans for years and years and maaaaan are they good, everybody raves about 'em, and they're a nice mix. Real good production and real low maintenance, plus nuthin' seems to stop 'em - just rake up a couple low hills 8 inches or so high maybe 3 feet apart, scrape down an inch or so, plant 'em every inch and a half or so, brush the dirt back over and stand back. Every year we have to call in friends to pick 'em after we have all our canning jars packed full. Ya' start gettin' beans in 60 or 80 days and they just keep crankin' 'em out til the frost hits. And no stakin' 'em up. And they're just about stringless as long as ya' don't let the pods get bigger than 4 or 5 inches. We get the seeds over at the Do-It-Best hardware.
My two brothers-in law don't garden but every year they want peppers and they want 'em HOT. Well, I've become downright diabolical in cross-pollinating peppers for extreme heat, to the point where they both just told me NOT to grow any more o' those damn Habaneros that'll raise welts on yer lips. But they cry out for more o' the jalapenos and Hungarian banana peppers 'cause I plant 'em right together, the bees carry the pollen back and forth, the jalapenos get way hotter than stock, and the bananas - normally a fairly mild pepper - get just stinkin' hot. Both those breeds love rocky, sandy soil and neither of 'em cares how much water they get; bone dry or soppin' wet, they crank out the peppers as long as ya' keep hillin' 'em up and shake up those roots to keep the ventilation in there. The ones that come in July and August are hot, but the ones that come late, especially after they get a little frost on 'em, are just killer. Neither of my brothers-in-law hunt either but they both expect a couple gallon bags of venison jerky every Christmas so I always gotta get 2 deer every year. Tough work right? But somebody's gotta do it.

not familiar with the 'burgundy' , but have had the Blue Lakes. I got a pack of Burpee Stringless Green Pod this time. For now I don't put away much. When I had the big patch down back I did a lot more beans. If I expand this spot that is likely the first thing I would do a lot more of.

not familiar with the 'burgundy' , but have had the Blue Lakes. I got a pack of Burpee Stringless Green Pod this time. For now I don't put away much. When I had the big patch down back I did a lot more beans. If I expand this spot that is likely the first thing I would do a lot more of.
The burgundy beans are purple but they turn green when ya' cook 'em, A nice novelty and a good thick meaty bean.

Wth? Fabo gardening club?
Not that i dont like gardening,no time for it. Last go round i did all the work.
All of it. Never again. Until i find time to build raised planters.

-
Back