Stop in for a cup of coffee

-
Better than Turkish Lira I guess!
1000000-turkish-old-lira-banknote-7th-emission-group-1970-obverse-1.jpg

I was in charge of the food when we were forward deployed had to buy it local. Almost needed a wheel barrel to buy it all.

Morning guys, mid 70s here this weekend, rain Monday and Tuesday. Looks like a lot of rain coming your way back east.

Just a quick fly by...

It looks like rain here all weekend, maybe a small break on sunday.... :BangHead:

I still have to finish cutting the grass at my house and the neighbor's.... I need a few days of dry... :(

The younger kid and I scored a few bikes last sunday...

One Schwinn men's varsity 10 speed, one Schwinn woman's varsity 10 speed, and one Schwinn Collegiate 5 speed that looks like a ten speed... All in green.... The men's varsity is a darker green...

DSC07028 B.JPG

Ray put the Fox Valley on yesterday to check the dwell. Hit it the first time and showed 35.
Tom the neighbor got called home then so we'll try again later today to adjust and set the timing.
A learning experience for me.
I like the numbers on the lower side of spec. 28-32° Dwell is the time the points stay closed. If the adjustment is 30 or just below the4 numbers will go up slightly as the rubbing block wears. Speaking of that, @halifaxhops , what do you use for point lube? I may still have a few of those little capsules that came with points.

The younger kid and I scored a few bikes last sunday...

One Schwinn men's varsity 10 speed, one Schwinn woman's varsity 10 speed, and one Schwinn Collegiate 5 speed that looks like a ten speed... All in green.... The men's varsity is a darker green...

View attachment 1715339476
Woah, what's that 340 in the background? LOL

However, the kid scored a men's Schwinn Varsity in Detroit for me in the same color green as the other two that we got last weekend...

Now we have each model in the same green, men's Varsity 10 speed, woman's Varsity 10 speed, and men's Collegiate 5 speed....

DSC06876 B.JPG

DSC06878 B.JPG

DSC07027 B.JPG

I like the numbers on the lower side of spec. 28-32° Dwell is the time the points stay closed. If the adjustment is 30 or just below the4 numbers will go up slightly as the rubbing block wears. Speaking of that, @halifaxhops , what do you use for point lube? I may still have a few of those little capsules that came with points.
Shooting for 30, then set the timing. Not sure how many miles ago the engine was rebuilt (probably less than 2k), what cam they used (said it was hotter than what it came with), or if the timing change was replaced. Going to start at 10 btdc and drive it and adjust a couple degrees until it runs smooth.

-
Back