Stop in for a cup of coffee

-
Nice. Someone you know? Hasn't been on for a while....
Look at Ed back in the day.

Ed Fox4.jpg

Need a couple days without rain so I can start re-sealing my deck rails. They want 24 hours without rain. Beautiful now, but calling for heavy rain tonight. Maybe I will shred the branch pile and if I have time still have plenty more to pressure wash...

View attachment 1715348191

View attachment 1715348192

View attachment 1715348193

Although with all the crap cut out, I was able to drill out and tap where the broken exhaust stud was..
71GSS, I came to same conclusion on my Demon. I did exact same thing, only I had never replaced an inner fender in my life. FABO Fred was gracious enough to swing by my shop and guide me thru first one. Really made whole engine bay look better. Glad I did it, I used AMD inners and they fit fine.

I need this trip, time to get out and be alone on the road and be me :thumbsup: memike
It's a 8 hour trip to my house from your pkace
I need this trip, time to get out and be alone on the road and be me :thumbsup: memike
It's a 8 hour drive from your house to mine. You will be ready for a beer and a steak on the grill by then. Dang, I better get busy and fix the bathroom so you have a nice place to shower. :BangHead::lol:

71GSS, I came to same conclusion on my Demon. I did exact same thing, only I had never replaced an inner fender in my life. FABO Fred was gracious enough to swing by my shop and guide me thru first one. Really made whole engine bay look better. Glad I did it, I used AMD inners and they fit fine.

Thanks John. I have the big block with fenderwell headers right now until I get all the parts to go back to factory. For now, I going to replace the radiator support from a Duster front clip I cut off at the junkyard last year. Inner fenders are good on that one but don't want to cut the holes. May install J Bars and no inner fenders for now. Still planning

Plan is to DRIVE the 66 to Carlisle next year! What a trip that will be!
Make sure you have a comfy seat. My 66 buckets are pretty good for a long trip. Actually more comfortable than the bench in my Swinger. I have driven 4 hours non stop in my 66. And I was still able to get out and walk when I got to the show.

Make sure you have a comfy seat. My 66 buckets are pretty good for a long trip. Actually more comfortable than the bench in my Swinger. I have driven 4 hours non stop in my 66. And I was still able to get out and walk when I got to the show.
66 has comfy seats. :thumbsup:

Thanks John. I have the big block with fenderwell headers right now until I get all the parts to go back to factory. For now, I going to replace the radiator support from a Duster front clip I cut off at the junkyard last year. Inner fenders are good on that one but don't want to cut the holes. May install J Bars and no inner fenders for now. Still planning
Heads up I had to use porta power on frame rails to get back to correct width. When I took out radiator support they "sprung" closed a bit. Mine was big block fender dump exhaust as well.

Noted, thank you. I will watch for that. Will start cutting spot welds from the front clip i have and see what it will take, hopefully this week/weekend.

Ratz. I forgot all about the Falcon 9 that just headed for space 3 minutes ago :BangHead:. No sonic boom though. I hope that's not a bad sign and their booster is not laying on it's side setting the brush on fire out there.

Opps .. :eek: There's the SONIC BOOOOM! Been like 8 minutes since the launch. I need to do more inquiry into how they get that sucker back on the ground.

Question for all you smart people out there......How to calculate the compression ratio of an engine that is complete? I know compression test gives you psi, but what about the overall ratio?

There may be a way to test it with some sort of sonic tester that can measure volume, but it may not be affordable for the home mechanic...

I have a how to on measuring compression on any engine to see what your combo does... It's a simple and cheap method that can be done in any home garage...

How to Check Compression

-
Back