Stop in for a cup of coffee

-
You're lucky that's for sure.
Try to kill the electric power first, then smother it if you can't do that. Extinguisher is good as long as the power doesn't keep feeding into whatever is burning, and water - uh its Ok once the source is off but if not that's when you got to have a serious fire hose - like on carried on a fire truck! I can't recall what they said in that class, 3" , 5" I don't remember - bigger than anything I have access too.

I had no idea what was burning and the hose was all I had ready available to even try to use. Flames were between engine and firewall. Turns out it was the insulation on the wire and the extra sleeve I put on for added abrasion protection. It wasnt until I reached back under and felt around that the wire arced again and sparked. I believe it was hit by the shift linkage and that is why it happened when in gear but no longer grounded power when in park. Thank God for that.

Last edited:
Went and trimmed some trees in lieu of cutting grass.
Widened a little at driveway entrance. Its a shame to cut oak trees down but there is a million of them.

That could have been really bad real fast glad you caught it. I was lucky had a 2lb bottle of powder just did it. I now carry 5lb CO2 so there is no cleanup if it happens again. Powder destroys stuff especially aluminum.

larry-robinson-quote-well-have-to-wake-up-and-smell-the-coffee-sooner.jpg

Get any of the storms last night? At least it dropped the temp around 20 degrees now!

Just some fast rain here and clear now but that will change today we definitely will get some rain. Actually can use it.

Morning guys. Back to work today. See what the day brings. Hope everyone is off to a good start.

Morning. 54 degrees here.
A little cool in the house.

-
Back