Stop in for a cup of coffee

-
I wish I would have watched my body shop friends more closely when they started shrinkin' metal with the torch. :BangHead:
Here's that book I stumbled across. Probably some others just as good.
upload_2019-7-22_17-59-27.png

There's a welder across from where I rent my garage who has interest learning the sheet metal stuff. He helped a little on the Wagoneer and we hope to do more when there's time. Anyway, somehow found this video about showing oxy-acet welding sheet metal panels with minimum distortion.

with Peter Tommasini
I'm sure there's other approaches but he seems to be an old hand that knows his craft.

Disagree. It has limits depending on type of aluminum. Watch there video.
Miller 212 runs circles around the esab.
Figured the esab rebel autoset was a great idea and bought it.
Huge mistake. Unstable. I use manual settings. Wanna weld 1/8”, its great.
On body panels my clarke 100E does a better job. At least i can get consistent welds. Its predictable.
Arc welding is great,i give it credit for that. So i give it a solid 1/3 for performance.

Here's that book I stumbled across. Probably some others just as good.
View attachment 1715367769

There's a welder across from where I rent my garage who has interest learning the sheet metal stuff. He helped a little on the Wagoneer and we hope to do more when there's time. Anyway, somehow found this video about showing oxy-acet welding sheet metal panels with minimum distortion.

with Peter Tommasini
I'm sure there's other approaches but he seems to be an old hand that knows his craft.

I did see Greg and Eddie at the shop use a reusable putty of unknown content to keep the spread of heat confined while welding on body panels, at least slow it down some. 3 or 4" on both sides of the weld zone. Vertical or horizontal they built a little levee looking thing. At the appropriate time peel the stuff off throw it back in the can for the next time.

I did see Greg and Eddie at the shop use a reusable putty of unknown content to keep the spread of heat confined while welding on body panels, at least slow it down some. 3 or 4" on both sides of the weld zone. Vertical or horizontal they built a little levee looking thing. At the appropriate time peel the stuff off throw it back in the can for the next time.
Looks interesting. Heat sink putty.

Pulled this from another site for you.

Go to weldingtipsandtricks.com and Jody does a review and comparison on the Everlast welders.
I have heard both good and bad on them but I have watched Jody on Welding Tips, etc. and he does excellent work with one. I think most of the negative talk has to do with the fact that they are Asian built.

I'd like to try one sometime to see how they run but I'll still keep my Miller Syncrowave 200 which is a wonderfully reliable machine for the hobby work that I do. If I had the money, I'd upgrade to a Miller inverter machine but in the meantime, I'll just have to look at the ads and drool. LOL.
Miller Syncrowave 200
Milermatic 252
Lincoln AC/DC "Tombstone"
I welded miles using an old Lincoln Buzz Box. Got real good with it. Fabricating trailers..

Were they doing that with a torch?

Deciding how best to get all the paint removed off the satellite....Dip, blast, old fashioned way, sand...Chemical...

Morning.
This week is going to be hot!
And i have a bunch of welding to do. Yay....

Good Morning All! Yes, Navy coffee was designed to do that and the JP5 aftertaste was a bonus! (if you were drinking it on a carrier)

Morning All. Tested the Demon charging system last night. I thought I was going to need an excited wire for the 1 wire alternator (never had one before), but is 1 wire for a reason. Self exciting system as it is charging 14.5v at idle. Next is front tires. Should be here today. Then alignment. Bad tire scrub on my test drive.

Morning All. Tested the Demon charging system last night. I thought I was going to need an excited wire for the 1 wire alternator (never had one before), but is 1 wire for a reason. Self exciting system as it is charging 14.5v at idle. Next is front tires. Should be here today. Then alignment. Bad tire scrub on my test drive.

Are the tires a different size then? Just curious what size you are running.

-
Back