Stop in for a cup of coffee

-
I guess the coffee is not working …..everyone is asleep Have a great day and remember this day. I know I will never forget it.

I remember this day as well.
I remember watching the broadcasts at work,and wondering what was next.

Good morning!!
Yes like most I remember exactly where I was when I heard of the first tower being hit.
I then spent most the next four years on Active Duty with the National Guard.

I was on Al Jabber base in Kuwait, came off of night shift and saw the plane hit the first tower. Asked what movie it was? Then all hell broke loose and weapons were issued. That never happen is the USAF. Really sucked for the wife, she was in NY and could see the smoke from the towers. I was backfilling for Cali on the h-60 and was supposed to leave back the next day. Could not even call home for four days total communication and flying transports blackout. Two weeks later after getting home went back again two days later, should have just stayed there.. That is burned into my mind forever.

We lived in here also before the tents came! Some really bad juju in there for sure.
3d26c2150aef003aae23e2fa338a8b41.jpg

Had to watch out also a crapload of UXO around that place for sure stay on the pavement! Ours of course!
a-french-blg-66-belouga-bomb-lies-on-the-airfield-with-a-bombed-out-hardened-ff6715-640.jpg

Good morning everyone. Made it to hump day. Bit of travel and training for work today. So tired and meeting environment today is going to be killer. Storms rolling in today and tomorrow. My son has been taking the rat rod to school and is really having fun with it. Makes me happy. Now to just get him motivated to get his done. Anyway, looking to build some exhaust for the Demon this weekend. Then I can drive it more than just around the neighborhood.

9-11 where were you all when it happened? I saw it on tv and was getting the boys ready for school. I kept them home that day and watched it at the neighbors house.

9-11 where were you all when it happened? I saw it on tv and was getting the boys ready for school. I kept them home that day and watched it at the neighbors house.
I had gotten home from work...3rd shift at that time and was getting ready to mow the grass. I was on the couch grabbing a bite to eat watching the news and the first plane hit....so I kept watching.....then the second plane hit!!!! I kept watching...just mind blowing......still to this day!!! Later in the day I remember going out and mowing the grass and looking in the sky and not seeing one plane....

I had worked 3rd shift also. Sleeping when I got a phone call...turn the TV on!!! groggy...."why, what channel?" "doesn't matter...!!" Amazed, shocked....so very shocked.

I was in the engine room working on the M/V Spirit. Looked around and instead of 14 people I was alone. Went to the mess to see what was up and arrived in time to see the second tower hit.

I was at a three day joint military/law enforcement training exercise. Needless to say it was over at noon that day.
My military boss asked my law enforcement boss if he could spare me a week or so.
He said sure and I was gone almost three years. A busy time for all!!

So against my better judgment I went stealth mode to get some progress pix of Demon in paint shop prison. I am still frustrated but just going to let it ride. We have now missed yet another completion date promise. Such a very different business model at paint shops. My Company would be bankrupt in a year if I operated that way.

FED633B8-89D0-424D-8C26-F4BCB1F1E92D.jpeg

6C4C211E-B53F-4E47-8310-537EB932A171.jpeg

EDBE6ECA-53D7-4E07-A8F3-E341601DD89E.jpeg

Right here at my desk talking with the head of security at the local college. He tells me I need to turn on the news...

So against my better judgment I went stealth mode to get some progress pix of Demon in paint shop prison. I am still frustrated but just going to let it ride. We have now missed yet another completion date promise. Such a very different business model at paint shops. My Company would be bankrupt in a year if I operated that way.

View attachment 1715392552

View attachment 1715392553

View attachment 1715392554
I'd be pissed that they are using it as a shelf for late model bumpers and cardboard. :mob::mad:

That would tick me off. I understand collision omes first and all that, but seeing stuff on the car and filler applied but not sanded shows bad work habits. Maybe time for a sit down with the owner when you've cooled off.

I was in LA on overnight trip, place went total lock down, could not get out by plane train or bus. Even malls were shut down so I could not get clothes. Did what any red blooded American would do, went to 7/11 got a bunch of Gatorade and jerky, found some wheels and drove home.

I was in Albuquerque NM. at the gate of Kirtland AFB. I was bring in a load of hydrogen, needless to say that was as far as I made it that day. Spent three days in a motel waiting for the OK to go in.

On 9/11, I was at home making breakfast. I had been retired for 9 months already, and was used to sleeping in late, but I was up early that morning for some reason. I always turn on the news, first thing after waking. Like many, I was glued to the TV all day. If I hadn't been over 40, I would have joined up.....

This and because I LOVE to paint cars is why I do my own!!!! I would of blasted that dude in the mouth for using my car as a work bench!! All that exposed metal is just sitting there flash rusting!!! I would be leaving with my car and he would be leaving with his teeth in his pocket!!!!

-
Back