Stop in for a cup of coffee

-
Good point.
It is a crisis, mid life or not when grown men have fantasies about kids. Ok, they might not be kids in the sense that they are under 18 but come on, they have no experience, no brain, just think they have looks and they are being used for that too. Disgusting. Phewwww. I want to puke. It is like going for a green raspberry, and not wait until it is red and ripe. phewwwwwwwww.

Man, thinking about those green raspberries, I think I lost my appetite for today.

Bill

KOOP0187.jpg

Wheels and Windmills car show Solvang

Solvang has a good car show every year too. :D They have lots of blood sugar spiking retail establishments in Solvang :lol:
I did some wheels on my dunes buggy many years ago with the aluminium rattle cans. Decided it was too flat and shot some clear over it. It got that dimpled look, which I liked anyway.

Yes, the Danes seems to like their cake stuff, sweet and fluffy. My wife took me there, I think it will be 3 years in November. I have yet to find anywhere nearby where they have any Norwegian food. Norwegian Seamens church in San Francisco probably, but I do not go to San Francisco unless at gun point.

Bill

And I'll bet it didn't have **** stacked on it unless it was something for it. That's just no respect with all that crap on John's car. I'd have flipped out.
They dont even have enough respect or care to take the trim off...the antenna base, door handle, and window trim is still on it....what kind of "quality" job are you gonna get like that!!!!

So against my better judgment I went stealth mode to get some progress pix of Demon in paint shop prison. I am still frustrated but just going to let it ride. We have now missed yet another completion date promise. Such a very different business model at paint shops. My Company would be bankrupt in a year if I operated that way.

View attachment 1715392552

View attachment 1715392553

View attachment 1715392554

Boy that is tough to see Sub Lime One, sitting there in a line of 3. All 3 going nowhere in a hurry.

It's not like the guy has to stand on his head fixing a big rust job. Such a nice clean Demon body there .

Bodywork and Paint takes undivided attention to detail to get through the project at hand. Have to put a picture of a nice finished Demon up on
a "Vision Board" and take it to the shop so the guy can remember what it is supposed to look like when it's finished.

72 Demon.jpg

Boy that is tough to see Sub Lime One, sitting there in a line of 3. All 3 going nowhere in a hurry.

It's not like the guy has to stand on his head fixing a big rust job. Such a nice clean Demon body there .

Bodywork and Paint takes undivided attention to detail to get through the project at hand. Have to put a picture of a nice finished Demon up on
a "Vision Board" and take it to the shop so the guy can remember what it is supposed to look like when it's finished.

View attachment 1715392624
I would take a baseball bat down there and have him smile in the mirror so he remembers what his teeth looked like...

@Mattax, I have no idea why you experienced this with the low beam adjusted correctly, and experienced the high beams to be too high. It did not used to be like that. I have had many of these conversions, and all of them have been fine.
It's one of the faults of that particular lamp. On a vehicle with higher lamp placement it wouldn't be as noticible, but I'd still not use it in preference to a Hella "vision plus", or any number of other options. I'm not the only one who has observed that split in the light pattern as some of those links showed. It's not just people's subjective perception, its showing up on the test equipment. Is it better than most lamps sold at parts stores and on the internet? Yea, probably. Would I use them over the GE Nighthawk sealedbeam. No!

In the older days I think they used only 13 feet from the wall, which gives 130 feet of light with low beam. The cut off line on the ECE lamps are supposed to be very sharp over on the wall. A straight line to the left of the center of the lamp, and then a 15 degree angle upward light, and then you have the same pattern over at the other light.

Twenty-five feet is what was specified in the service manual for visual aiming if a headlight aimer was not available. Then aim as follows, using the first part for hi/low lamps and the second part for dedicated high beam lights.
68-Plym-FSM-Aiming.jpg

That's what the Virg. regs illustrate.
upload_2019-9-11_11-30-26.png

NJ and some other states would check the aim using a machine at the annual state inspection.

As far as I know ECE lamps have use a similar distance, although surely its not in US or Imperial measure. LOL. Headlamps positioned higher on vehicles need to be pointed slightly down. On the Hella H4's that don't meet US automobile standards, this is what I followed. Same for ECE Cibies on my Grand Wagoneer.
http://www.saab9000.com/procedures/electrical/headlampadj.php
For the Visionplus Hellas I've also visually aimed them, but back when I started using them, the car was still registered in NJ. So the aim was checked and corrected if needed by machine. Too long ago to remember if they had to be readjusted.

Last edited:
It's one of the faults of that particular lamp. On a vehicle with higher lamp placement it wouldn't be as noticible, but I'd still not use it in preference to a Hella "vision plus", or any number of other options. I'm not the only one who has observed that split in the light pattern as some of those links showed. It's not just people's subjective perception, its showing up on the test equipment. Is it better than most lamps sold at parts stores and on the internet? Yea, probably. Would I use them over the GE Nighthawk sealedbeam. No!

Twenty-five feet is what was specified in the service manual for visual aiming if a headlight aimer was not available. Then aim as follows, using the first part for hi/low lamps and the second part for dedicated high beam lights.
View attachment 1715392635

That's what the Virg. regs illustrate.
View attachment 1715392634

NJ and some other states would check the aim using a machine at the annual state inspection.

As far as I know ECE lamps have use a similar distance, although surely its not in US or Imperial measure. LOL. Headlamps positioned higher on vehicles need to be pointed slightly down.
http://www.saab9000.com/procedures/electrical/headlampadj.php
I was going to adjust my headlights on my Swinger but I don't have a level area in front of a wall or garage door with 25" of space. I lucked out and scored a Hoppy headlight alighner from a friend. I need to get it out and use it. LOL

I was going to adjust my headlights on my Swinger but I don't have a level area in front of a wall or garage door with 25" of space. I lucked out and scored a Hoppy headlight alighner from a friend. I need to get it out and use it. LOL
Mike. Keith is right. They're a great tool. One you figure 'em out, easy to use.
One discovery I made was the Hella "Vision Plus" H4 lamps use the small adapter, not one for 7" lamps.
upload_2019-9-11_11-50-22.png

I did go and see George last week. Talked for about an hour. Made sure he understood I need the car done and back soon. He promised to be in paint and back to me in six weeks. Metal is all done and most of it is in primer. He needs to attach fenders and block it out, and paint. So not too terrible.
I think he posted on FABO recently. So hopefuly he's getting back into the swing of things.

@Mattax, I have no idea why you experienced this with the low beam adjusted correctly, and experienced the high beams to be too high. It did not used to be like that. I have had many of these conversions, and all of them have been fine. But, I have seen the examples you mention, but not on my own cars exept maybe my Mercedes W123 series. But it did not have sealed beam style headlamps at all. Now, it is obvious that you can not adjust the low beam as it should be, and then adjust the high beam later, unless you have 4 lamps but that is a different thing. So, it must be some error in the production that causes this. Then, when you say you adjusted them correctly, I don't know what that means. I always adjust them against a wall, with the car 15 feet from the wall. And the height of the cut off line on the wall at 90% of the height from the road up to the center of the headlamp. That means the low beams will shine 150 feet forward, and that is what they are made for. Some extends it to 16 feet from the wall and still 90%, but then I suspect you start getting a darker road with high beams. In the older days I think they used only 13 feet from the wall, which gives 130 feet of light with low beam. The cut off line on the ECE lamps are supposed to be very sharp over on the wall. A straight line to the left of the center of the lamp, and then a 15 degree angle upward light, and then you have the same pattern over at the other light.

Bill
Anyway. I think you have a plenty of decent choices, but they all need relays installed.

1. GE H6024NH about $30 total, readily available eg https://www.amazon.com/dp/B000H29WN2/?tag=2402507-20
2. Hella "Visionplus" about $100 - $130 total, readily available in different packages.
here's one with H4/HB2 bulbs. Hella 002395301 7
If you can find them sold as a pair, sometimes they are cheaper. Also if you get them without bulbs , even better, but I had no luck when I was looking last year.
Narva, Osram or Philips +30. + 50, or + 100 probaly would be in-line with whaat your expectations are.
3. Cibie E-code from a US supplier. about $200 - $230 including the cost of bulbs.
4. Have someone you know in the EU to buy there and shipped to you here.
5. Hunt down a used or old stock set of Cibies, Marchal, or possible Bosch. Expect to pay $200 on up for the real thing unless your super lucky.
6. Talk with Stern about Kiotos. No idea how much those may cost. Surely not cheap.

Anyway. I think you have a plenty of decent choices, but they all need relays installed.

1. GE H6024NH about $30 total, readily available eg https://www.amazon.com/dp/B000H29WN2/?tag=2402507-20
2. Hella "Visionplus" about $100 - $130 total, readily available in different packages.
here's one with H4/HB2 bulbs. Hella 002395301 7
If you can find them sold as a pair, sometimes they are cheaper. Also if you get them without bulbs , even better, but I had no luck when I was looking last year.
Narva, Osram or Philips +30. + 50, or + 100 probaly would be in-line with whaat your expectations are.
3. Cibie E-code from a US supplier. about $200 - $230 including the cost of bulbs.
4. Have someone you know in the EU to buy there and shipped to you here.
5. Hunt down a used or old stock set of Cibies, Marchal, or possible Bosch. Expect to pay $200 on up for the real thing unless your super lucky.
6. Talk with Stern about Kiotos. No idea how much those may cost. Surely not cheap.

I really liked the Cibies I had in the Yota 4x4. It never even dawned on me to remove them for future use when I sold it. :BangHead:

A morning wasted again.
Went to body shop and put a bug in his ear. Rather, kicked him in the shin. Offered one day a week to help him get on track. Shop credit towards my car.
And a handful of cash set aside too.

A morning wasted again.
Went to body shop and put a bug in his ear. Rather, kicked him in the shin. Offered one day a week to help him get on track. Shop credit towards my car.
And a handful of cash set aside too.
Good Luck :rolleyes::rolleyes:

He offered me a spot in the shop, but i dont want to take up space that is supposed to generate income.

Dam just got back the cobalt clutch is officially shot for sure just limped it home.

-
Back