Stop in for a cup of coffee

-
satlitesatVI.jpg

It's Satellite Saturday!
Have good thoughts and prayers for those on the Gulf Coast.
Gooood morning.

Happy Saturday from the frozen tundra, we are turning last buckets of apples into applesauce today, and remaining tomatoes into ketchup. On plus side I stopped by paint shop to gaze longingly at my Demon. All the hardware door handles etc etc was stripped off and they were actually sanding like bandits on it. They did not know I was stopping by so that was a good sign!

I think they were tipped off :rolleyes: :lol:

How long ago were you using the KYBs? The new generation isn’t the same as the old one.
That would be good.
My KYBs went on when I replaced the drivetrain and springs in 1990.
One started leaking about six years later, and that was exchanged (no charge).
I installed the Spax June 2002.
Somewhere's around then the grad school friend with the Saabs and MG told me he tried a set of the new KYBs that were supposed to be better. He was unimpressed.

KYB shocks are not bad for average guys driving on the street. Matt, you actually road race your car, whole different can O worms. IMO.
I spend a lot more time and miles on the streets than I do any autocross.
The coffee tip is straight from real life observations. A friend with 5.0 thought I was kidding, he could hardly keep the coffee in the cup, never mind sip it when the car was moving. This was on relatively good local roads in Madison NJ. Changing to the Spax and its a different experience entirely. Not that I or anyone else normally eats or drinks in that car, but there are times I make exceptions. :)

I have no KYB experience, but I've read that they are ok with soft springs but horrible with stiff springs.
Could be. Mass and spring rate both affect response.
First t-bars I put in that car were 1.03"

I would have taken pics of that Monte at the cruise last night but I was afraid it would break my camera :lol:. I swear that thing had 2' of lift on the back end :eek:.

Who us? We have a few people here that are not heathens, forgot who though! I did know at one point......

Well, define heathens. According to the bible, heathens was everyone who was not Jewish. :) That means it would be a lot of us. If heathens means non-Christians, the figure will be very different. :D

Bill

Ford was my close second choice.

When I bought my very first Duster years ago, I had the option to leave the duster behind and buy a 1971 Ford maverick instead.

The maverick was a "grabber" with the cool hood, but it had a straight 6.

The maverick was in a little bit better shape than the duster, but the duster was a slant six but included a 360 in the deal for around the same price as the maverick.

That was such a hard decision. I thought about it over a weekend and at one point I was sure I was buying the maverick then an hour later I was sure about the duster and back and forth.

I went with the duster because I was a lot more familiar with the mopar because my dad has a 69 cuda that I grew up seeing.

If I had gone with the maverick I would probably be all ford now. Ford is not bad, I tend to be attracted to more ford products than i ever was with GM. To me, there is just something backwards about GM, and I never felt comfortable with any GM product.

I totally dig seeing Mavericks at car shows.

Like the Mavericks lots too.

When I first started driving 16 years old, dad got us as 67 vw bug was kind of lame in MN, scrape windows inside and out, poor heater and defrost. Traded up the bug right away for a 69 vw fast back, good improvement . . had that for 6 months then traded that for a 1970 Maverick 2 Door with the indestructible 200 cu in 6 in it with an automatic. Such a huge huge improvement over those VWs all the way around, felt like driving a Cadillac in comparison.

At same time got my '64 Chev 2 door Impala set up (while parents still owned the Maverick) with a 350 4spd, black interior and put in black buckets and painted it red with aluminum slots, that was a way cool project and car to run with as it was my first car. So much fun with that one.

Cool looking body style on those Mavericks, as young drivers me and my older brother ran that car pretty hard and it never let us down once.

Really Liked the that '70 Maverick . . .

Looked just like this pic below.

70Mav.jpg

70 Maverick.jpg

Nice thin bumpers . . no big energy absorbing picnic table bumpers in 1970.

Last edited:
Like the Mavericks lots too.

When I first started driving 16 years old, dad got us as 67 vw bug was kind of lame in MN, scrape windows inside and out, poor heater and defrost. Traded up the bug right away for a 69 vw fast back, good improvement . . had that for 6 months then traded that for a 1970 Maverick 2 Door with the indestructible 200 cu in 6 in it with an automatic. Such a huge huge improvement over those VWs all the way around, felt like driving a Cadillac in comparison.

At same time got my '64 Chev 2 door Impala set up (while parents still owned the Maverick) with a 350 4spd, black interior and put in black buckets and painted it red with aluminum slots, that was a way cool project and car to run with as it was my first car. So much fun with that one.

Cool looking body style on those Mavericks, as young drivers me and my older brother ran that car pretty hard and it never let us down once.

Really Liked the that '70 Maverick . . .
When the Mavericks first came out a buddy as a senior bought a black 302/automatic. He put Cragars and white letters on. Damn what a sharp car. In tech school a guy had a red comet with a juiced up 302 and a Vertical Gate shifted 4 speed. That was a fun one to drive.

-
Back