Stop in for a cup of coffee

-
Couldnt sleep out in the shed. Ground was too wet,there was mosquitoes and it was chilly last night. Plus with oak trees the bears are wandering around.

Good morning guys!!
Trying to shake the cobwebs off and get going.
Working through a couple challenges the old Barracuda threw at us this week.
One, was a recharging issue I'd had over a year. No one had been able to find the source until now. Waiting on an overnighted part to arrive this morning.
Second, was a crappy touch up when it was last painted. Took the cat whiskers off to replace and found a poorly painted unacceptable area running along the tops of both doors. Sanding them down for repaint.
My buddy John has agreed to stay a few more days and help me finish up.
Other than that having a blast!!
If the old whiskers covered it up, why won't the new ones? I see a bigger paint job coming.

That top area along the door. Pulled the metal away to find a 1/2 inch wide painted stripe running the length of the door. It was raises and not even the same color. No whiskers won't cover it so off it came. One door sanded one to go. Its the foot wide metal area that is above the front door panel. That's whats getting re-painted.

If the old whiskers covered it up, why won't the new ones? I see a bigger paint job coming.
The new metal trim isn't as wide, and didn't cover the odd ball area. Not a very big area just time consuming.

Using the exact same paint I used for the tops of the rear inner panels. It was a great match then and will look even better now.

Buddy was a paint and body guy for years and found his anal picky side doing this one...haha!!

You got lucky with that. Exterior sucks to touch up especially a area like that right where you look. Ever put the numbers distributor back in?

Saw the guy with the connection to the barracuda parts car.
Son wants it gone,mom cant make a decision. So i explained the longer it takes the less im interested. If i keep buying parts as i see them come up for sale i wont need car at all.

TJ ever use the chassis saver paint? Really like it super easy to spray.
There is a few different brands.
I got krylon rust paint, seems to go a long way, dries hard and
Sticks very well.
$60/ gallon.
Have used chassis paint before, some of that stuff is really good.
Best way to tell is how long it takes to get it off your hands.

LOL I still have a spot on my arm and one on the dog!:rofl::rofl::rofl:
Really like the way it covered for sure.
DSC06365.JPG

Happy Tuesday all. Going to look at a date coded 340 block tonight. Fingers crossed that it is in good shape.

I am thinking 416ci will be really nice and will breathe through the 6 pack a little better to boot.

Good morning guys!!
Trying to shake the cobwebs off and get going.
Working through a couple challenges the old Barracuda threw at us this week.
One, was a recharging issue I'd had over a year. No one had been able to find the source until now. Waiting on an overnighted part to arrive this morning.
Second, was a crappy touch up when it was last painted. Took the cat whiskers off to replace and found a poorly painted unacceptable area running along the tops of both doors. Sanding them down for repaint.
My buddy John has agreed to stay a few more days and help me finish up.
Other than that having a blast!!
But it's not a show car... :poke:lol

getting harder and harder
that's what she said

Good Morning

Good morning all......Picking up 66 a week later then first expected, will be in the area around the 12th of Oct. For anyone interested.....Ray, call me....please...

Good morning all......Picking up 66 a week later then first expected, will be in the area around the 12th of Oct. For anyone interested.....Ray, call me....please...

That's my birthday... Stop by and we can get some ice cream at our local ice cream parlor that has home made ice cream...

https://www.theplushhorse.com/

In Illinois? Right on the way!! That site sucks, does not even give directions to the place.

I'm only 24 miles inside the IL/IN border... Directions to that place are easy, only a mile and a half from my place...

It's at 123rd (McCarthy Rd) and 86th avenue... Right next door to that place is an old small pond that they call 'Sharp Shooter's Pond', it was used to train Union Soldiers to shoot for the civil war... It's now getting all grown over with seaweed...

Google Maps

-
Back