Stop in for a cup of coffee

-
The local news distributed an alert that PG&E is going to cut service to 32 homes as part of their public safety shutdown in this area. It leads me to think they have no real time knowledge of the current conditions. Barely 70* and ZERO wind does not say FIRE DANGER to me. There are a couple of inhabited rural canyons to the east. Weather pretty much the same there within 5*.
Was just talking to a friend of mine from high school on bookface. I guess she just started at PG and E last month and said things are hectic over there regarding all this. She’s in their public relations department and said the phones and emails are non stop but that the company decided that if they’re going to be held liable for fires caused by high winds, the company is just gonna be overly cautious and shut things down any time there is a perceived risk

Im not having any fun today.
Internet is grumpy, makes for getting my e-mail re-established a real pita.
Music did somehow find it back.

Was just talking to a friend of mine from high school on bookface. I guess she just started at PG and E last month and said things are hectic over there regarding all this. She’s in their public relations department and said the phones and emails are non stop but that the company decided that if they’re going to be held liable for fires caused by high winds, the company is just gonna be overly cautious and shut things down any time there is a perceived risk

If this was in Norway, there would be taken out trees so far from the line that is the poles break and the line falls down, the line will not hit the trees. Not so here in California. Here the trees are so close to the lines that even a little wind, and they will touch. I understand people are upset, but the tree and plant protection is very high here, and as my wife said, many years ago all this was cleared and removed. Not anymore. PG&E might be to blame in some cases, I don't know, but if I had a power company and was not allowed to clear the trees close to the power lines, I would rather be in a different business.

Bill

Did not mean that things are done better in Norway because a lot of homes burns down every year, and a lot of homes have burned down because Norway has such a stupid power system. Norway have not used a neutral wire in the homes so people have had a lot of ground faults without knowing it....

Last edited:
If this was in Norway, there would be taken out trees so far from the line that is the poles break and the line falls down, the line will not hit the trees. Not so here in California. Here the trees are so close to the lines that even a little wind, and they will touch. I understand people are upset, but the tree and plant protection is very high here, and as my wife said, many years ago all this was cleared and removed. Not anymore. PG&E might be to blame in some cases, I don't know, but if I had a power company and was not allowed to clear the trees close to the power lines, I would rather be in a different business.

Bill
Yep plus they won’t allow any dead brush clearing. Which creates more fuel for the fires

Makes you want to cry

20180321_161453.jpg

Yep plus they won’t allow any dead brush clearing. Which creates more fuel for the fires

Seems to me that they rather let an entire town go, like Paradise last year than clear up anything. That is to me misunderstood preservation of nature. In 2017 we had a good example of that. Someone had asked to clear up some debris and whatever from an area where a Salamander lives that is sort of native to this area. They got nuts about that, and forbid any messing with nature. Let the Salamander live in peace. October 8. 2017 came, and half of the Salamander habitat was in ashes, and the Salamander who lived there was in ashes too. When God gave us breath, he gave us a brain too........ can we please be allowed to use it ?

Bill

PG&E shutting down parts of the grid during high winds to help prevent another catastrophe like last year.

I agree with you. Even if it is little or no wind in the valleys, it is high wind up in higher elevations, and if the power lines goes there, it is better to shut it off, even if the people in the valley loose their power.

Bill

So as I think mentioned, I’ve been looking at some acreage in Northern Montana as kind of a summer vacation get away. Narrowed it down to 5 properties, acreage ranging from 18-42 , All very close in price, and all in the same general area. Realtor emailed me today, the properties won’t be able to be shown until spring thaw. Good news is, they won’t sell until they can be shown and such. So I’ve got time to decide. I guess they got an early blizzard out there and the passes are closed. Not surprising since it’s at 6800 ft above sea level

All part of nature recycling itself. That’s why people were given brains to avoid it. But some choose not to.
Also nature taking back what someone is no longer taking care of :(
PG&E shutting down parts of the grid during high winds to help prevent another catastrophe like last year.
I’d shut the whole state off to help you guys out if I was in charge. Lol

All part of nature recycling itself. That’s why people were given brains to avoid it. But some choose not to.

Also nature taking back what someone is no longer taking care of :(

I’d shut the whole state off to help you guys out if I was in charge. Lol

Now they report of a lot of car crashes due to no traffic lights..... oh give me strength.

Bill

Now they report of a lot of car crashes due to no traffic lights..... oh give me strength.

Bill
Yeah, I wonder what having no internet and cell phones will do to society out there if it’s out more than a day or two? Guess we’ll see if the the Harvard study that found 65 percent of Americans would suffer a mental break down if they lost internet and cell phones both for more than 24 hours

Ohhhhhhhhhh yea, just walked into my house and it's so nice and crisp in here, kinda cool but not cold.

Absolutely perfect coming from a hot commute in a non a/c dart lol.

For some reason the traffic was an absolute zoo today. I think there was a stalled truck in a turning lane and it backed everything up for 4 blocks.

Then once I hit the highway it looked like two cars spun out. Down to one lane and it was backed up quite far.

Oh yea to be home in quiet solitude on a nice cool couch :usflag::usflag:

Yeah, I wonder what having no internet and cell phones will do to society out there if it’s out more than a day or two? Guess we’ll see if the the Harvard study that found 65 percent of Americans would suffer a mental break down if they lost internet and cell phones both for more than 24 hours
Some of us lived with no cell phones as younger people. When I was first in college I wanted a cell phone. My dad who could easily afford one, told me I could get one when I get a job, as he handed me 75 cents for a payphone.

At the time I felt like life was unfair. But now I thank him and if I ever have a kid, I'm going to do the same thing to him or her.

Ohhhhhhhhhh yea, just walked into my house and it's so nice and crisp in here, kinda cool but not cold.

Absolutely perfect coming from a hot commute in a non a/c dart lol.

For some reason the traffic was an absolute zoo today. I think there was a stalled truck in a turning lane and it backed everything up for 4 blocks.

Then once I hit the highway it looked like two cars spun out. Down to one lane and it was backed up quite far.

Oh yea to be home in quiet solitude on a nice cool couch :usflag::usflag:

A Dart ??? !!! Can I see it, please................... :thumbsup::usflag::thumbsup:

Bill

I would not be surprised if people got a mental break down. Oh, that reminded me of a thing I have forgotten for a long time now, I was supposed to sit down with a paper and pencil and calculate on paper, I must not forget that.

Bill

-
Back