Stop in for a cup of coffee

-
Just installed the latest version of the "Linux Operating Systems" on one of my spare computers.

19.2 linux Mint code name "Tina"

20191015_225509.jpg

Nice install and nice upgrades, performs well.

Linux is made as an Open Source Build that qualified people donate their efforts to put together a good working computer operating system that is free for all to use.

Runs online with the Firefox web browser.

Now more onboard drivers for the hardware on our computers that make it all work, like the drivers for the WIFI. Now don't have to go online for special drivers just to get the wifi to work.

Just keeps getting better every year.

Ok, I have had enough of this wind. Hitting 55 mph gusts now with sustained at 30 mph.

I’m not going through another Winter like this with wind pushing on the garage door and blowing around it. Just found the set of gate bolts that I can use to lock it in place for times like this and release easily when I want to open the door. Also found the R-15 foam panels I need to secure the front windows from the inside.

I double insulated the garage door previously, but it doesn’t help when the wind blows and flexes it open letting the cold air in around it. A few dead bolts on each side of the door will remedy that.

Ok, I have had enough of this wind. Hitting 55 mph gusts now with sustained at 30 mph.

I’m not going through another Winter like this with wind pushing on the garage door and blowing around it. Just found the set of gate bolts that I can use to lock it in place for times like this and release easily when I want to open the door. Also found the R-15 foam panels I need to secure the front windows from the inside.

I double insulated the garage door previously, but it doesn’t help when the wind blows and flexes it open letting the cold air in around it. A few dead bolts on each side of the door will remedy that.

Sounds like springtime in Barstow without the flying real estate particles

Batten down the hatches!

It makes me crazy when wind blows in around the door. Brother in law made a block setup to wedge the top of the door tight.
My door is pretty heavy steel.but the joints dont seal well. Foam tape lasts about a year. Frost still comes right through.
If you have a power opener you might want to disable it while door is secured with the deadbolts.

It makes me crazy when wind blows in around the door. Brother in law made a block setup to wedge the top of the door tight.
My door is pretty heavy steel.but the joints dont seal well. Foam tape lasts about a year. Frost still comes right through.
If you have a power opener you might want to disable it while door is secured with the deadbolts.
Yep, power door opener is disabled.

:thumbsup:

Glad I am not there anymore.....I had a feeling I was pushing my luck this time of year back there..

Glad I am not there anymore.....I had a feeling I was pushing my luck this time of year back there..
Once you pass the second week of October here...anything goes.

Some years it’s 75* for weeks and some years it snows. Just can’t tell.

Once you pass the second week of October here...anything goes.

Some years it’s 75* for weeks and some years it snows. Just can’t tell.
Gonna be bad...
Found a really big Wooly Booger caterpillar the other day. ALL black!.. :eek: LOL

Wind is about 20mph here and supposed to gradually increase through mid day tomorrow. Must have been heavier - at least the gusts earlier. Already dried the roads up nice after a lot of rain earlier.

Morning!
Finish pulling engine today.hoping to have it running by end of today.

-
Back