Stop in for a cup of coffee

-
Tell you what don't ever rebuild leaf springs yourself just a miserable job. Got one side ready to go but now have to find the oem clamps! PIA for sure. Cant find any at all.
Vise and c-clamps are your friend for that job. My ball joint press is a great clamp for leaf springs. and thats why the center bolt is so long.

Well I know your trying to stay original, but that might be something you could go period correct??

I have to break out the part numbers. I can get clamps that fold over but look cheap. Just sucks thought out of four could be able to make two. All the clamps are rotted trough.

Kind of see them here.
L-11CAT5R.jpg

ESPO? Have a friend that will let me use his ironworker. Just have to figure out what is needed. That is a cool *** tool!

ESPO? Have a friend that will let me use his ironworker. Just have to figure out what is needed. That is a cool *** tool!
I have one for angle iron, shears, punches a notch and makes a 90 degree bend. Saves a lot of time if im building something from changle iron. 1/4x2-1/2 i think is the capacity.

You lucky guy. Never saw one until this July when Tim was here and My friend showed him around his shop.

twistertuesdayII.jpg

It's Twister Thursday!
Good morning.
Seems fitting with 30-40mph winds :lol: coming later today.
I looked for a Twister with surfboards on the roof, but no luck.
We have a "high surf advisory" too.
12 miles from the beach and a high surf advisory.
We'll see how that turns out :lol:.

ESPO Springs n Things. They are probably not far from you. You can have them make them up. If you want your original numbers off your old springs just take your last spring off and put it on the new one.

Different widths, heights and styles mine has a flat bolt that closes them look like they stopped in 1965. Have to see if Stanley Spring in Harrisburg has them when Ubering today.
There’s a company out your way that rebuilds leaf springs and sells components. Can’t think of the name but I have it book marked on my work machine, I’ll pull it up shortly

I Got a set of rears for my 66 from ESPO. Very happy after almost 15 years.

randailia dart live007.jpg

001a.JPG

Dam AMS has everything I need, now what is the price? Have to love a parts book!

Tell you what don't ever rebuild leaf springs yourself just a miserable job. Got one side ready to go but now have to find the oem clamps! PIA for sure. Cant find any at all.
What about Stanley?
Or don't they have that type at all?

I ended up putting a set of 4 door 74 dart springs on my 66. I MAY HAVE TO DO WHAT Toolman Did , we will see.
Good morning coffee crew

PEACH ORCHARD 2010 ramcharger 003.jpg

Morning all from the frozen tundra. Snow is mostly melted for now.... just all the piles in parking lots. Still no news from paint shop prison. Thinking I ought to go crash Mitches party in VN for a month, maybe by then Demon will be out of paint purgatory.

-
Back