Stop in for a cup of coffee

-
Here is the Demon with 2.5" exhaust and 2 chamber welded style mufflers fro O'Reillys. $35 each I believe.

What's on there now?
God only knows. It’s the small 2” diameter exhaust that was on the car when I bought it. Nothing in the paperwork tells me what it is and there are no markings.

It needs larger diameter pipes and better flowing mufflers for sure. This set up is just too restrictive.

F3EFBE30-9502-4B0A-BC6C-050C97EA4A12.jpeg
2D1736D4-321A-428A-A1EB-624903DF02FF.jpeg

Last edited:
Here is the Demon with 2.5" exhaust and 2 chamber welded style mufflers fro O'Reillys. $35 each I believe.

Not bad at all. I’ve been searching YouTube for two hours now trying to find a 440 with purple hornies,

God only knows. It’s the small 2” diameter exhaust that was on the car when I bought it. Nothing in the paperwork tells me what it is and there are no markings.

It needs larger diameter pipes and better flowing mufflers for sure. This set up is just too restrictive.

View attachment 1715413368 View attachment 1715413369
Exhaust shop duals. Not too bad but...... H pipe is pretty delux there. My Swinger has the original single exhaust on one side and the Y pipe split to duals. The mufflers were rotted when I got it and the guy that put the new ones on had a heck of a time finding good metal to weld onto to. No photos. I have a pair of 340 manifolds and I will probably put on a TTI dual set up.

Exhaust shop duals. Not too bad but...... H pipe is pretty delux there. My Swinger has the original single exhaust on one side and the Y pipe split to duals. The mufflers were rotted when I got it and the guy that put the new ones on had a heck of a time finding good metal to weld onto to. No photos. I have a pair of 340 manifolds and I will probably put on a TTI dual set up.
Nice. I’ll be running an unknown brand of headers at first, eventually switching to TTIs, but will likely either go Flowmaster 40 series or Purpler Hornies. Really leaning the purple hornie route but with wanting to do long cruises, glass packs may not be the best idea

Yeah, I have been in discussions with my Speed Shop guy to put a 2.5” MagnaFlow fully welded dual system on it. It definitely needs better flow and he agrees. It is restricting the power as it is now. Might do another H pipe, but not sure it really needs it. I’m not racing it and the cam isn’t as radical as it was in the original crate engine since I replaced it.

Probably in the Spring, if not sooner. It depends on his Shop schedule.

Does anyone out here know if a B1 intake will work with stock Iron heads or if they will only work with B1 heads? 383 engine in case anyone asks.

Long day. Just got home from eye dr. As i expected i need stronger glasses.
Got the brake controller replaced in my pickup.
Found an enclosed trailer to move furniture on sat. daughter is moving home.
drop trailer at buddy's place in city,and shuttle truckloads to trailer. Then grab trailer and straight home. its a 4 hour minimum round trip so one long drive instead of 3.

IMO magnaflow are for imports. Flowmaster works better in higher displacement engines. They don't drone if you continue the exhaust to the rear, like it belongs....IMO.......:thumbsup:

Last edited:
IMO magnaflow are for imports. Flowmaster works better in higher displacement engines. They don't drone if you continue the exhaust to the rear, like it belongs....IMO.......:thumbsup:

And you might pick a particular muffler for the efficiency and not like the sound or the drone. It looked like on the dyno sheet they were all fairly close power wise. A few horse on the street won't ever be noticed.

flowmaster "drone" real bad back inside the car, see lots of those for sale on craigslist that people have taken off. They are trying to get a few bucks out of them so they can get their next non-drone mufflers of choice.

That is why I like the 50 series delta flow Flowmasters. Huge difference in incabin sound. You can talk inside the car and not have to yell. Almost no drone.

-
Back