Stop in for a cup of coffee

-
Busy day. I did get some wood split this morning. Cleaned the plug. Filled the gas. Nuthin. Didn't have any starter fluid, but throttle body cleaner got it to fire. But wouldn't stay running. pulled fuel line from carb. nuthin. Then I saw the shutoff under the tank. Duh :BangHead:
So opened it a little. Good flow through the filter. . Reconnect line. Leaks bad. But not at the carb, at the shutoff. Found a piece of fuel line in the garage. Replace it. Fired right up.
:thumbsup:

Last edited:
Today started with chipping rust in the bilge of the boat followed by cloths washer repair. No replacement motor for the washer so "parts on order". Cold front hit so lots of rain and intermittent internet.
Actually not too bad a day.

Sealed the complete undercarriage on this 1990 Mini Van Caravan today. Coming up on 30 years old for this vehicle in 2020.

20191024_213037.jpg

I have to admit that not having to mess with salt on the roads is awesome. Dont see how you guys and gals do it.

Giving her a going over. 1990 Grand Caravan CV

20191023_134728.jpg

20191023_134801.jpg

Contractor Vehicle, fiberglass rear Barn Doors, 2 seater, with handy shelving. First year of the 3.3 V6.

20191023_184438.jpg

Getting to be a rare bird. Bought this one brand new, want to keep it in good shape. 170,000 miles.

Last edited:
Today started with chipping rust in the bilge of the boat followed by cloths washer repair. No replacement motor for the washer so "parts on order". Cold front hit so lots of rain and intermittent internet.
Actually not too bad a day.
Was really nice outside right up till sundown. Was outside for the first few hours of work rebuilding a Dock Lok.

So I have some vacation time coming up.

So my co workers asked "you going to Vegas and party out your vacation, maybe come back married"

I replied " not a chance, I have cars to build"

So my vacation is being planned around a 70 dodge D100. Original slant six truck, I pulled the original slant out and it's toast.

So the next natural thought is to replace it with another slant that runs.

Ok, so I have another slant in stock and it does run so I just need to swap the motor mounts and oil pan and drop it in.

Then i had a thought. I have a 66 fury with a poly 318. It does run. I really don't see myself spending big money to make a performance engine out of the old dinosaur but since it runs, there is no way I am throwing it away. I am not really wanting to leave it in the fury because it doesn't fit the goals of the fury.

So tonight I had a thought hit me. I have been hearing over and over that poly 318s make good truck motors. (You can probably see where this is going)

70 dodge D100 + 318 poly:

Good idea. Or Bad idea????

One pro is it would be a power upgrade, although I don't need the truck to be a racer

One con is a 70 D100 was never available with a poly, by 70 they used an LA

One more pro is it would be a good home for the dinosaur poly.

One more con is I don't know much about the poly so what do you guys think.

@dukeboy_318

So I have some vacation time coming up.

So my co workers asked "you going to Vegas and party out your vacation, maybe come back married"

I replied " not a chance, I have cars to build"

So my vacation is being planned around a 70 dodge D100. Original slant six truck, I pulled the original slant out and it's toast.

So the next natural thought is to replace it with another slant that runs.

Ok, so I have another slant in stock and it does run so I just need to swap the motor mounts and oil pan and drop it in.

Then i had a thought. I have a 66 fury with a poly 318. It does run. I really don't see myself spending big money to make a performance engine out of the old dinosaur but since it runs, there is no way I am throwing it away. I am not really wanting to leave it in the fury because it doesn't fit the goals of the fury.

So tonight I had a thought hit me. I have been hearing over and over that poly 318s make good truck motors. (You can probably see where this is going)

70 dodge D100 + 318 poly:

Good idea. Or Bad idea????

One pro is it would be a power upgrade, although I don't need the truck to be a racer

One con is a 70 D100 was never available with a poly, by 70 they used an LA

One more pro is it would be a good home for the dinosaur poly.

One more con is I don't know much about the poly so what do you guys think.

@dukeboy_318

The poly would be a good engine if it's in good shape... part of the car hobby is using what you have laying around and making it work...

I have some old stainless steel turbos on my car, I've had them for years.....they sound great, and are not too loud......they are finally wearing out, any ideas for replacement? i'm like mike, I don't want anything too loud.
higgs

Look into some Dynomax turbo mufflers... They make a few kinds...

I found a photo I took of a massive oak tree near work last year. It stands nearly 70’ tall, has a trunk 5’ in diameter and is estimated to be well over 250 years old. It was just a sapling when George Washington was at Valley Forge only a few miles away from where it stands.

View attachment 1715413323

What did George Washing say to his men before crossing the river at Valley Forge???

"Get in the boats, men"....

Yeah, I have been in discussions with my Speed Shop guy to put a 2.5” MagnaFlow fully welded dual system on it. It definitely needs better flow and he agrees. It is restricting the power as it is now. Might do another H pipe, but not sure it really needs it. I’m not racing it and the cam isn’t as radical as it was in the original crate engine since I replaced it.

Probably in the Spring, if not sooner. It depends on his Shop schedule.

H-pipes are nice, they improve throttle response... Plus if you split them in the middle, it's easier to work on the trans if needed...

Rainy do what makes you happy as far as the 318 poly goes. Its your truck and car.
I always wanted to drop a stroked FE into a foxbody mustang. Make perfect sense? Nope. But it would be cool. Yep.

-
Back