Stop in for a cup of coffee

-
Good morning

Good Morning All

Good Sleep, ready to tear into another Day !!!

RedDemon.jpeg

Somebody's Cool Demon . . Sits Perfect . . .

Had an interesting day today. Left house around 10 am my Time , 11 pm yurin....Immediately noticed a problem with the Motorbike. Stopped, looked, Friggin Flat Tire on the rear. So I have her drive it forward, slowly, ...Yup... picked up a screw, somewhere yesterday, must have leaked down, overnight. So I say, not to drive it far , cuz ruin the tire. They are so thick headed, I try to get her to stop, where I see a compressor...But NOOOO. She wants to take it to the Honda Shop, Ya Ok bout 10 minutes away. I show the tech the screw, and translate to him, that I want it plugged., Right ? Either he lies that they dont have a plug kit, or they just want to sell a new Tire, just like shops in the US. Well we end up leaving it there and driving off on a loaner. 2 hours later, they bring it to the house, which I thought was pretty cool. Didn't expect that. Guy shows up at the compound gate, and nobody can find the spare key to unlock the gate , and let him in.LOL LOL Guy waits 30 minutes for the Sister that had the other key, to return it...LOL. Cost of entire ( NEW TIRE ) and service. 1 million dong, or $43 US.....I told her, I could have fixed it for free, in 5 minutes, if it happened near my house , in America.........:BangHead::BangHead:

So I have some vacation time coming up.

So my co workers asked "you going to Vegas and party out your vacation, maybe come back married"

I replied " not a chance, I have cars to build"

So my vacation is being planned around a 70 dodge D100. Original slant six truck, I pulled the original slant out and it's toast.

So the next natural thought is to replace it with another slant that runs.

Ok, so I have another slant in stock and it does run so I just need to swap the motor mounts and oil pan and drop it in.

Then i had a thought. I have a 66 fury with a poly 318. It does run. I really don't see myself spending big money to make a performance engine out of the old dinosaur but since it runs, there is no way I am throwing it away. I am not really wanting to leave it in the fury because it doesn't fit the goals of the fury.

So tonight I had a thought hit me. I have been hearing over and over that poly 318s make good truck motors. (You can probably see where this is going)

70 dodge D100 + 318 poly:

Good idea. Or Bad idea????

One pro is it would be a power upgrade, although I don't need the truck to be a racer

One con is a 70 D100 was never available with a poly, by 70 they used an LA

One more pro is it would be a good home for the dinosaur poly.

One more con is I don't know much about the poly so what do you guys think.

@dukeboy_318
Oh one thing I forgot, the poly and the LA can interchange the mounts in most cases. AND, the flex plates, converters and trans from an LA will bolt up

@halifaxhops
Do you have another version of this image, with something about diagnosing a car over the internet?
crystal-ball-fortune-teller-jpg.jpg

PS. My bet is its a dead battery.
Is there a big bucks, low odds table for me to bet at?
:lol:

Good morning and happy Friday. Going to shift through a Mopar hoarders storage unit in a couple hours. He is selling stuff. I will post what I bring home when I get back.....

The poly is a good engine. Tough as nails block, good oiling and cooling. The biggest thing is it weighs a buttload for its displacement, almost as much as a B series big block and depending on accessories, can near a stock RB.

The other issue is parts are expensive. Intakes are 3-5 times that of an LA or BB. Cam choices are pretty much custom grinds.

That said, with a stock cam and a stock 4 barrel and a good tune, they can hit 275-300 hp easily. Limited mostly by the crappy flowing manifolds.

There’s been people pick up 75 hp on a just a header swap on a dyno. Course header choices are limited and pricey. All depends on what you want to do.

Is it expensive to just rebuild a poly from stock to stock and do no modifations ?

Bill

Like a 273. Pistons are the most expensive. Call EGGE.

I see. I am kind of a little upset, yesterday I discovered it is almost impossible to find left hand threaded wheel studs. What is with people, stopping making half of the studs for a car, and stop making pistons for the 273. And other parts for that matter.

And I just wish they started making the 65 Dart again, brand new. Lol

Bill

-
Back