Stop in for a cup of coffee

-
Marmelade is gone. Time to see about putting together some sort of dinner.

Mopar Joe just dropped off a garbage can full of corn for the squirrels. Geez what a bumper crop! He said 250-275 bu/acre.

20191025_183223.jpg

So I'm on the internet looking for some dodge sweptline 318 poly motor mounts. Have not found much but I don't think it should be that hard because these trucks of these same body style had polys before 67.

I am really liking the idea of the poly in the truck.

It's a 2 barrel engine but I am keeping exactly what is on it. No money spent on items it doesn't have.
Even a 2 barrel poly is probably a power upgrade over a slant six.

For the truck, it might be an advantage putting more weight on the front end for snow plowing and pushing cars.
Buddy had a 66 power wagon, that engine was strong. Was a solid lift cam, adjustable rockers, when it was dialed in it was unstoppable.

I think uncle Tony's garage and @dukeboy_318 put some ideas In me head like when they show a good and evil figure on someone's shoulder, giving them ideas lol

View attachment 1715413773
Remind me Monday to get you Gary P’s contact information. He is THE poly guru. It’s on my Rolodex at work or is give it to you now. There’s also a poly dedicated group on bookface. If you watch, sometimes really good deals for intake pop up there.

Hey men, hotter then heck here today.....
Was a warmer day here, but cold. Too warm for the pellet stove, but im not shutting it off. want to burn all the pellets in it,and clean it. So its 78 in the house,about to go open a window.

Well proud of my son. Ian TexGua09 on b bodies just sent Steve Dulcich a note. I would have laid it on thicker but these are his words.

Dear Mr. Dulcich, I would like to race against your 1971 Purple Satellite. I have a 1967 4 door Coronet 440 trim small block car. My Papi will be driving since I am 11 years old. We will be installing a stock 5.9 magnum with a 340 cast iron intake and stock electric dizzy with hei conversion. Transmission is a bone stock 904 and the8 3/4 has a 2.94:1 open gearing. I am GuaTex09 over on forbbodiesonly.com. We will be on a road trip near San Antonio, TX to the Zip Tie Drags in January. Hope to see you soon. - Ian

I am really hoping the rain holds off tomorrow so I can get the GTS out and cruise again. I need to burn off a bunch more old fuel in the tank before I refill with fresh fuel before the Winter.

I figure I need another 3-4 hours of cruise time before refilling and I’m hoping to get at least half of that tomorrow. I really want to drain it down as much as I can before refueling.

Well proud of my son. Ian TexGua09 on b bodies just sent Steve Dulcich a note. I would have laid it on thicker but these are his words.

Dear Mr. Dulcich, I would like to race against your 1971 Purple Satellite. I have a 1967 4 door Coronet 440 trim small block car. My Papi will be driving since I am 11 years old. We will be installing a stock 5.9 magnum with a 340 cast iron intake and stock electric dizzy with hei conversion. Transmission is a bone stock 904 and the8 3/4 has a 2.94:1 open gearing. I am GuaTex09 over on forbbodiesonly.com. We will be on a road trip near San Antonio, TX to the Zip Tie Drags in January. Hope to see you soon. - Ian
I can see, he will be a Great Young Mopar, young gun.....

Sounds like an average Summer day back in Memphis.

I hated the heat there. May to October was just an inferno.

I lived in Arkansas for 9 months which was 12 1/2 hours from Memphis... I'm glad I was only there from Aug to May and missed the peak heat....

-
Back