Stop in for a cup of coffee

-
When Speedmaster sent me the Ford heads trust me I was as country dumb as I could get...
The more patient I was the more they felt like idiots....

Will you warranty my multi thousand-dollar engine you jerk...
Bahahaha...
You can bet Johnny Mac won't start a thread saying how stupid the buyer was. Once they find out what went wrong the second time. (Bang head)

Stay safe Bill. I get sick of winter rather quickly, but sure am glad I dont deal with that stuff, earthquakes, hurricanes, alligators, most snakes, only have a few tornadoes.....cold and snow for part of the year doesn't seem so bad.

Compared to this winter is nothing. Cold you can dress for, and heat. Fire, well, tell me what to do about that. Fire up to 3000 degrees as it was here in Santa Rosa in 2017 when a house burned down in 8 minutes. I am used to driving on studded winter tires for 7+ months of the year. I can handle that. My wife is proud of her house, and we have done many things to make it a home, and even if it is in the city, we love it and she said that if we had to evacuate again she did not think she would want to come back and see it again. It just hurt too much. I am trying to do things, to keep my thoughts occupied with something else. But, it is difficult after the last warning. If the evacuation warning is expanded any, we will be next, it is already that close. But so far the nearby areas is just on a warning.

http://nixle.s3.amazonaws.com/uploads/pub_media/user61004-1572120325-media1

The orange on the map I think is areas they plan to cut the power. The pink is mandatory evacuations, and the purple is evacuation warnings. We live in the long white spot in the middle and a bit south, bordered by the purple and surrounded by the orange. Between the purple and the green symbol in the map.

Bill

I managed to get about 2 hours of cruising in the GTS today before the rain started. Man, she is running sweet! I could have gone all day...but it’s time to get off the roads when the rain starts making the other drivers stupid.

I did manage to do a nice launch burnout over in the industrial park before coming home. I only put my foot half way into it! :D

217B5BF1-56A5-4D1B-8AD6-0A910D319AA5.jpeg

:BangHead:
So, as I understand it, they are not allowed to cut the trees under the wires? They saved a few and now lose thousands of acres... yep, great job! :BangHead:

View attachment 1715414194

Well, they are allowed to cut trees, but from what I understand, they have to get permission for every tree, and it takes time. The other thing is that it is very limited what they are allowed to cut. It is not like they will be allowed to cut so many trees that they have like a totally open field along the line so wide that no trees can reach it even if it fell down. What I am used to from Norway is that they cut trees so far from the line that if the pole fall down, the line will not reach the trees on either side. And the trees are more or less at that height so if they fall in high wind, it will not hit the line either. Here it is just a matter of how much wind it can take, like it will be safe up to 30 mph or whatever. Winds over that and they have to shut off the lines to be safe. A very different philosophy.

But, it is correct as you say, they save a few trees this way. But they might loose an entire forest.

Bill

My daughter is having some friends over tonight to watch movies so she made a sunken apple cake with caramel glaze to serve them...with ice cream of course.

Damn, it makes the house smell good!

5612B36A-1FB1-4864-AC98-3475A926D8B9.jpeg

Compared to this winter is nothing. Cold you can dress for, and heat. Fire, well, tell me what to do about that. Fire up to 3000 degrees as it was here in Santa Rosa in 2017 when a house burned down in 8 minutes. I am used to driving on studded winter tires for 7+ months of the year. I can handle that. My wife is proud of her house, and we have done many things to make it a home, and even if it is in the city, we love it and she said that if we had to evacuate again she did not think she would want to come back and see it again. It just hurt too much. I am trying to do things, to keep my thoughts occupied with something else. But, it is difficult after the last warning. If the evacuation warning is expanded any, we will be next, it is already that close. But so far the nearby areas is just on a warning.

http://nixle.s3.amazonaws.com/uploads/pub_media/user61004-1572120325-media1

The orange on the map I think is areas they plan to cut the power. The pink is mandatory evacuations, and the purple is evacuation warnings. We live in the long white spot in the middle and a bit south, bordered by the purple and surrounded by the orange. Between the purple and the green symbol in the map.

Bill

My family and others are praying for you guys. Keep safe.

My daughter is having some friends over tonight to watch movies so she made a sunken apple cake with caramel glaze to serve them...with ice cream of course.

Damn, it makes the house smell good!

View attachment 1715414266

Warm applecake with ice cream is really yummy. I am used to cinnamon on my applecake.

Bill

Warm applecake with ice cream is really yummy. I am used to cinnamon on my applecake.

Bill
Yep, the glaze has cinnamon in it! It’s a good thing I have never been much of a sweets eater like my Dad was...or this would be half gone by now!

This year’s cleverest Home-made Halloween costume goes to this guy who dressed as the little known Transformers character...Amazon Prime.

41835EDD-F3EA-4E47-8BA1-3F9664F1E0B5.jpeg

The deer are really active around here. Have seen 4 this week. Mostly at night. I think it was Tues I almost hit one. Then Saw one in the back yard around midnight when I took the dog out the other night. Last night I passed a few feet from one just standing in the middle of the road. And this morning one crossed in front of me on the way to work. All different places.

Afternoon all, WOW I got the 383 in the satellite running!!! Swapped the carb from the 66 Dart. Ran an pos electric fuel pump, 5 gallon tank, changed the oil, left the filter, did not want cavitation....Started right up!!! No bad sounds.....STILL could have a cracked block or head. No water, missing a freeze plug.....:thumbsup:

The deer are really active around here. Have seen 4 this week. Mostly at night. I think it was Tues I almost hit one. Then Saw one in the back yard around midnight when I took the dog out the other night. Last night I passed a few feet from one just standing in the middle of the road. And this morning one crossed in front of me on the way to work. All different places.
I walked out of my garage about an hour ago and heard something rustling in the neighbors back yard on the other side of the driveway behind the hedge row. I walked toward it to see what it was and 3 deer stepped through the hedges right in front of me less than 10’ away. They just looked at me and casually walked down my driveway and crossed the street before disappearing behind the neighbors house over there. Absolutely no fear or concern about me being there, like they are just big pet dogs.

I wish this was like Cincinnati where it was legal to hunt deer in a residential yard using a crossbow. Not here, no hunting permitted in this township of any kind...and the deer know it.

A search on Facebook market place brought up 8 of them around me. Great furnaces!
What key word did you search? I’m getting nothing it gigantic furnaces when I search mobile home furnace

Afternoon all, WOW I got the 383 in the satellite running!!! Swapped the carb from the 66 Dart. Ran an pos electric fuel pump, 5 gallon tank, changed the oil, left the filter, did not want cavitation....Started right up!!! No bad sounds.....STILL could have a cracked block or head. No water, missing a freeze plug.....:thumbsup:
You’ll beat the Polara to driving!

Well, I did drive it, on my property. Now stopping it was a different story!!! Thank god for stick shift and turning off the engine!!
Meh, I had the Polara that far hahaha then blew the old trans

Time to go to the track for the season finale.
Enduro Derby, an enduro with obstacles :realcrazy:
And, the track will be littered with pumpkins :lol:
Hey, it's more of a motorsport than Monster Trucks.
What can I say? :rofl:

I managed to get about 2 hours of cruising in the GTS today before the rain started. Man, she is running sweet! I could have gone all day...but it’s time to get off the roads when the rain starts making the other drivers stupid.

I did manage to do a nice launch burnout over in the industrial park before coming home. I only put my foot half way into it! :D

View attachment 1715414244

Did you take your daughter with???? :steering:

Well, they are allowed to cut trees, but from what I understand, they have to get permission for every tree, and it takes time. The other thing is that it is very limited what they are allowed to cut. It is not like they will be allowed to cut so many trees that they have like a totally open field along the line so wide that no trees can reach it even if it fell down. What I am used to from Norway is that they cut trees so far from the line that if the pole fall down, the line will not reach the trees on either side. And the trees are more or less at that height so if they fall in high wind, it will not hit the line either. Here it is just a matter of how much wind it can take, like it will be safe up to 30 mph or whatever. Winds over that and they have to shut off the lines to be safe. A very different philosophy.

But, it is correct as you say, they save a few trees this way. But they might loose an entire forest.

Bill

Around here, they trim any tree that can interfere with the power lines... It keeps the branches from falling and taking the lines out... We usually see them each season...

-
Back