Stop in for a cup of coffee

-
My daughter is having some friends over tonight to watch movies so she made a sunken apple cake with caramel glaze to serve them...with ice cream of course.

Damn, it makes the house smell good!

View attachment 1715414266

Did she make enough for all of us in the coffee shop???? Looks good.... :D

Afternoon all, WOW I got the 383 in the satellite running!!! Swapped the carb from the 66 Dart. Ran an pos electric fuel pump, 5 gallon tank, changed the oil, left the filter, did not want cavitation....Started right up!!! No bad sounds.....STILL could have a cracked block or head. No water, missing a freeze plug.....:thumbsup:

Do a compression test...

I walked out of my garage about an hour ago and heard something rustling in the neighbors back yard on the other side of the driveway behind the hedge row. I walked toward it to see what it was and 3 deer stepped through the hedges right in front of me less than 10’ away. They just looked at me and casually walked down my driveway and crossed the street before disappearing behind the neighbors house over there. Absolutely no fear or concern about me being there, like they are just big pet dogs.

I wish this was like Cincinnati where it was legal to hunt deer in a residential yard using a crossbow. Not here, no hunting permitted in this township of any kind...and the deer know it.

Deer Bait.jpg

Did you take your daughter with???? :steering:
She wanted to go, but decided to stay home and bake the sunken apple cake instead. She made me promise to take her next weekend. She knows I’m on a mission to burn up the old gas in the tank and knows next weekend’s cruise will be at least 2-3 hours to accomplish that.

I took the AC belt off the GTS today since I thought the idler pulley was being a little noisy. Yep, much quieter now under the hood. Will look at getting a new one in the Spring...don’t need AC at this time of the year anyway.

The car is running so well that I am itching for a nice long trip to somewhere after I get new fuel in the tank. Maybe out to visit Hoppy or over to Keith’s place. A 2-4 hour round trip is what I’m looking for...but I’m running out of nice weather for a weekend day trip like that. Fingers crossed that I can work something out before Thanksgiving.

But the rubber seals fall apart..
Yeah, not a fan of those. Just straight rubber stems with the surfaces prepped properly before installation is my choice. No mixed metals to create galvanic corrosion which can happen even across thin rubber seals like that.

0C3D00F8-8C5E-4531-BEB8-982487075E12.jpeg

I took the AC belt off the GTS today since I thought the idler pulley was being a little noisy. Yep, much quieter now under the hood. Will look at getting a new one in the Spring...don’t need AC at this time of the year anyway.

The car is running so well that I am itching for a nice long trip to somewhere after I get new fuel in the tank. Maybe out to visit Hoppy or over to Keith’s place. A 2-4 hour round trip is what I’m looking for...but I’m running out of nice weather for a weekend day trip like that. Fingers crossed that I can work something out before Thanksgiving.
Get her out and stretch her legs!

The deer are really active around here. Have seen 4 this week. Mostly at night. I think it was Tues I almost hit one. Then Saw one in the back yard around midnight when I took the dog out the other night. Last night I passed a few feet from one just standing in the middle of the road. And this morning one crossed in front of me on the way to work. All different places.
Saw at least a dozen in a field on the way home tonight.

Get her out and stretch her legs!
She’s ready now! 5 hours and 140 miles in the past two weekend plus several heavy throttle trials (and a giant launch burnout today) and a couple of 30 min highway speed runs.

I want to go somewhere far enough away to challenge the roadworthyness and give me confidence that I have it all tuned up right now. If I break something, I will just fix it...but I want to push and see if anything will break at all.

My sense right now is that she’s 100%...but I want to confirm that. And there is only one way to find out.

She’s ready now! 5 hours and 140 miles in the past two weekend plus several heavy throttle trials (and a giant launch burnout today) and a couple of 30 min highway speed runs.

I want to go somewhere far enough away to challenge the roadworthyness and give me confidence that I have it all tuned up right now. If I break something, I will just fix it...but I want to push and see if anything will break at all.

My sense right now is that she’s 100%...but I want to confirm that. And there is only one way to find out.
Its a great feeling when the car is running good.
My fargo is at 4% so far. Im confident it will drive 100 feet

If you want to try to meet up at the ATCO, there's some T&T on the schedule with no racing.
I figure no racing is better for just taking passes. Otherwise it could be like last time I went. Sit in staging lanes while racers have the priority (and idiots and the unlucky oil the track). Cecil might be better, but I just want to get some passes in.

edit
Schedule:
Events Calendar

If you want to try to meet up at the ATCO, there's some T&T on the schedule with no racing.
I figure no racing is better for just taking passes. Otherwise it could be like last time I went. Sit in staging lanes while racers have the priority (and idiots and the unlucky oil the track). Cecil might be better, but I just want to get some passes in.

edit
Schedule:
Events Calendar
Maybe you and I could just hook up for a cruise out to see Keith or Hoppy? The pair of us driving on the roads is bound to turn some heads!

Just a question, but were those 69 GTS's called a Dart, GTS? Or a Dart GT? Dave never mentions the Dart part, just wondering.......

Just a question, but were those 69 GTS's called a Dart, GTS? Or a Dart GT? Dave never mentions the Dart part, just wondering.......
It doesn’t say Dart anywhere on my car, just GTS. That’s why I always call it that.

But it is officially a Dart GT Sport.

This sounds like the start of the 'cuda debates.:poke:

But we all know they're all bananacudas.
laugh2-gif.gif

-
Back