Stop in for a cup of coffee

-
I'm also trying to figure out what to do about rims and tires on my sons coronet. I have some 14" mustang steelies, car came with trailor wheels and tires. I have 2 15" and 1 14" slotted mags. Another set of magnum style 14's and then some 17" bullit rims. Want available on long trip replacability.
I keep hearing people say that 14 inch tires are hard to come by these day but I call total bullshit on that.

Go to Walmart and see the rack after rack of 14s they have.

I am biased to OE wheels. You will never see a car owned by me on the road with aftermarket wheels. Nothing fits better and is safer than OE, IMO

aftermarket wheels start getting into weird and unusual lug nuts and to me uni lug wheels are just downright dangerous.

I'm also trying to figure out what to do about rims and tires on my sons coronet. I have some 14" mustang steelies, car came with trailor wheels and tires. I have 2 15" and 1 14" slotted mags. Another set of magnum style 14's and then some 17" bullit rims. Want available on long trip replacability.
Just posted a good set on the cool parts finds, not sure where they are though, nice oem set.

I keep hearing people say that 14 inch tires are hard to come by these day but I call total bullshit on that.

I am biased to OE wheels. You will never see a car owned by me on the road with aftermarket wheels. Nothing fits better and is safer than OE, IMO

aftermarket wheels start getting into weird and unusual lug nuts and to me uni lug wheels are just downright dangerous.
Same with the 13" ones on the cuda. People cannot find them except for trailers. Amazon has a ton of selections of road tires!

Rani I wont sweat it at all. Every one has something that makes them different.
They say anyone can have it but it is way more common on women because the hip bones go out wider than the Male counterpart. And also more common on smaller females, so I am just on the **** creek on that one.

If they havnt noticed up till now they wont.
I once heard, on appearance women are negative and men are optimistic. Put a woman in front of a mirror and ask her what she see's and she will start seeing all the flaws. Ask the man see's when he looks at her and he's not looking at the flaws but at the bits he likes.

Tell you what 0400 and Tempest searches just don't mix. Found a ton of nos mopar ignitions stuff by Chicago, see if the guy will ship it or not.

What is difficult is I have a new set of 14's mounted on the 71 swinger 215 on rear and 205 on front on the stock steelies but... wrong bolt pattern. My other steelies are 14x6 I think but off a 67 Mustang so not sure on back spacing. Although they clear the ball joint and spindle and the trailor rims do not.

What is difficult is I have a new set of 14's mounted on the 71 swinger 215 on rear and 205 on front on the stock steelies but... wrong bolt pattern. My other steelies are 14x6 I think but off a 67 Mustang so not sure on back spacing. Although they clear the ball joint and spindle and the trailor rims do not.
I don't remember which one, mopar or Ford wheels have the larger hub circle.

I know Ford aluminum wheels don't fit a mopar. I tried putting some aluminum ford ranger wheels on a mopar and they didn't fit for one reason or another.

The mopar big bolt pattern and small Ford pattern are the same, the Ford truck pattern is bigger and wont fit.

Finally we are in the warning zone for evacuations. Was expecting that. Just 3-4 streets north of us they are being evacuated.

Bill
stay safe and go ahead and evacuate now, beat the traffic

I think it’s region dependent. We can’t even get 15s here off the shelf
The mopar big bolt pattern and small Ford pattern are the same, the Ford truck pattern is bigger and wont fit.
he’s talking about the hole for the hub center not the bolt pattern. In this case the Mopar is slightly bigger in MOST cases.

Raini you are a good person to ask this, prob will be looking for a early slant rebuild kit basic bearings, rings, oil pump. Who has the best deals?

Just looking around right now so far looks like everything is good on this motor except prob the rings, has a small ridge for some reason but the rest has honest 6K mile wear. Weird.

Raini you are a good person to ask this, prob will be looking for a early slant rebuild kit basic bearings, rings, oil pump. Who has the best deals?
Don't forget cam bearings.

So many guys I talk to don't change cam bearings.

Really, you're going to trust 50 year old cam bearings??

Plus I want them to change cam bearings because most of them give me 20 bucks to change them because i have my own cam bearing tool LOL.

You might remember I had to buy a new cam bearing tool after I loaned out my old one and a former "friend" screwed me over on it.

It should be at the Machine shop tomorrow to get pressure tested before I do anything. I just don't trust a motor that sat since 63 with the oem anti freeze in it. Got a great deal on the machine work, fixed a guys distributor machine for him and trained him on it in exchange to boil it out and for all the machine work this will need plus parts. For sure hardened seats and cam bearings and a oil pump, just the usual so far. Hoping the cylinders are ok and just .005 rings will work. I cannot find my inside micrometer to measure them.

-
Back