Stop in for a cup of coffee

-
Well framed out 2 window and a door, sheathed the downstairs bedroom and bathroom, flipped 2 joists so the crown goes the right way and put down 6 sheats of decking.
1 cracked intake manifold too.
What a day.

Either way, I may have found the adapter needed, looks like only speedway carries it, I’ll give it a shot

yeah I still have it. Pic attached

I think the edge rocks use the AVS spreadbore style. I really don’t want to buy a new carb when I have this brand new Holley already.

Reading on the poly Facebook page that some people had to use a Rochester to Holley adapter to get things to line up. Something about bore centers.

View attachment 1715434126
Well the link I posted earlier explained hte front and rear bores were shifted for the larger carbs. But the bolt pattern stayed the same.

So lets figure out what you have and then pick the easiest or fastest. it may not be both. LOL

This is the eddy carb I have, it’s an AVS and spreadbore

View attachment 1715434129
That AVS is considered a square bore carb...
The Edelbrock Thunder Series AVS Carburetor is designed and calibrated to deliver optimum street performance. It comes with an added twist and a quick tune secondary air valve. ... This carburetor sports a silver finish and a square bore flange with 4 barrels.
If you bought a spread bore adapter, there is your problem.

The Edelbrock Thunder Series AVS Carburetor is designed and calibrated to deliver optimum street performance. It comes with an added twist and a quick tune secondary air valve. ... This carburetor sports a silver finish and a square bore flange with 4 barrels.
Hmmm

Well the link I posted earlier explained hte front and rear bores were shifted for the larger carbs. But the bolt pattern stayed the same.

So lets figure out what you have and then pick the easiest or fastest. it may not be both. LOL
According to my tape measure, the bolt pattern is a 4& 1/4 by 5 & 5/8, but the bores aren’t quite equal.

Last edited:
If you bought a spread bore adapter, there is your problem.
The pic he showed is not a square bore. Primary and secondaries are different sizes.

As far as I know, Only two spread-bore carbs, Thermo Quad, And Rochester Quadra jet. Might be others, but an AVS is not one of them...

That Bud can in the photo reminds me of my friend's Baja Bug. He painted the fan shroud and all the tin on the Bug red, white and blue stars and stripes. To cover the loud yellow Accel coil he cut the top and bottom out of a Bud can and wrapped the coil with the remaining red, white, and blue can and mounted it in it's place on the fan shroud. :lol:

As far as I know, Only two spread-bore carbs, Thermo Quad, And Rochester Quadra jet. Might be others, but an AVS is not one of them...
Cool thanks! Regardless, none of them bolt to this SOB haha

Well I’m taking the shot gun approach. I ordered 1 of each of the 3 types of square bore adapters Speedway listed. I’ll return whichever doesn’t fit but if none of them do, I’ll just make one.

According to my tape measure, the bolt pattern is a 4& 1/4 by 5 & 5/8, but the bores aren’t quite equal.
Well this may not be as hard as it seems.
The inside pattern is the only rare one.
Drop it on the intake and put some studs or bolts in to be sure.

Then check the carbs you have.

An original AFB uses a smaller pattern then the new Edelbrock "AFB", or AVS. Aluminum Four Barrel, Aluminum Vacuum Secondary. Similar in function. But base is different..

An original AFB uses a smaller pattern then the new Edelbrock "AFB", or AVS. Aluminum Four Barrel, Aluminum Vacuum Secondary. Similar in function. But base is different..
I know my AVS won’t line up on this one

Well I’m taking the shot gun approach. I ordered 1 of each of the 3 types of square bore adapters Speedway listed. I’ll return whichever doesn’t fit but if none of them do, I’ll just make one.
Really?
Its like 8:30 central time. So nothing is going out now anyway.

Really?
Its like 8:30 central time. So nothing is going out now anyway.
They’re only 15 each lol. I’m not in a hurry to get them. Just want to figure out which it is. Getting frustrated with this

So my best buddy Julie has a little party going on tonight, winter wonderland theme.

So people are going are going to be there with blue dyed hair (not me). Blue lipstick is the in thing ( I will do that)

every one is asked to dress in white or light blue......prolly use some glitter spray.

Might find @Ben Drinkin at Ihop at 3AM LOL

So my best buddy Julie has a little party going on tonight, winter wonderland theme.

So people are going are going to be there with blue dyed hair (not me). Blue lipstick is the in thing ( I will do that)

every one is asked to dress in white or light blue......prolly use some glitter spray.

Might find @Ben Drinkin at Ihop at 3AM LOL
TMI! LOL

Bolting to it and working on it are two different things.
I think what Tim is saying is that squarebores often have a slightly different front to rear thottle bore. Its just not as extreme as the Thermoquad and Quadrajet's.

-
Back