Stop in for a cup of coffee

-
Snowed all day. 3” so far.
Did a dump run, got rid of the redneck lawn ornament(shower stall). i see i failed, there is a bag in the house still. So i will hear about that.

I hate it when parts fall off a complicated plane.

Just made a test run, and then took off.

Got one rail done and something metal hit the floor.

upload_2019-12-13_16-45-22.png

upload_2019-12-13_16-47-33.png

Had to take it apart.
upload_2019-12-13_16-48-22.png

Press fit verrrry carefully.
Hopefully that will do it.

Used a little Boeshield on the sliding metal surfaces. That stuff seems pretty good.

Last edited:
Sounds like a regular day at home for me Ben. Make the beds, do the dishes and the laundry, Vacuum the kitchen and back entry. That's just this afternoon.

Did you wear a French Maid uniform while doing the chores???? :poke: :lol:

What’s everyone’s thoughts about brazing the polys dipstick tube to the block with ocy-act torch

I can’t find one. The LA one is bigger and won’t fit. The replacement ones sold by advance auto and classic industries both are the same diameter as the LAs even though they claim to fit the poly. Tried those this week. I’ve got a wanted add up and so far nada

I can’t find one. The LA one is bigger and won’t fit. The replacement ones sold by advance auto and classic industries both are the same diameter as the LAs even though they claim to fit the poly. Tried those this week. I’ve got a wanted add up and so far nada
Did you pull the piece out of the block?
Its basically 5/16 tubing with a bubble. Maybe 3/8”.

Did you pull the piece out of the block?
Its basically 5/16 tubing with a bubble. Maybe 3/8”.
If hole is undersize, why not just drill it larger?

First - do what TJ suggested - check for whats in the hole.
Then do some measuring. :poke:
Your drill bit set can be used for pin gages - unless you have them new fangled ones..

Before you get too far down the path , one of the things to check is the dipstick length and tube combo puts the mark at the 4 qt level in the sump.
Never assume!

-
Back