Stop in for a cup of coffee

-
To anyone that owns a dodge journey, and decides to tackle rear knuckle suspension bushings- don’t do it. They are stuck in there pretty hard. Can’t collapse them either. Have figured out how to get them back in i think. Big battle. Junk.

To anyone that owns a dodge journey, and decides to tackle rear knuckle suspension bushings- don’t do it. They are stuck in there pretty hard. Can’t collapse them either. Have figured out how to get them back in i think. Big battle. Junk.
Wifemobile...

If its like the old school safety switch, as long as the pressure front and rear was similar enough, it wouldn't shuttle to either contact.
Got something to clean the fluid without harming the paint?
The SRT uses DOT 3 brake fluid (PEG based) so simple soap and water should take care of it. Where the leak is sprayed on the serpentine belt which in turn splattered it around the front of the engine bay. That’s why yesterday I thought the leak was over on the passenger side where the ABS pump and block is. The drivers side is hidden below the air box so I couldn’t see how soaked it was under there.

The SRT uses DOT 3 brake fluid (PEG based) so simple soap and water should take care of it. Where the leak is sprayed on the serpentine belt which in turn splattered it around the front of the engine bay. That’s why yesterday I thought the leak was over on the passenger side where the ABS pump and block is. The drivers side is hidden below the air box so I couldn’t see how soaked it was under there.
I see now. Funny I never thought about soap and water to clean brake fluids off of paint. Sometimes the obvious is overlooked! So often its the brake rotors or drums I'm cleaning - but I don't trust brake cleaner s around body paint anymore...

I see now. Funny I never thought about soap and water to clean brake fluids off of paint. Sometimes the obvious is overlooked! So often its the brake rotors or drums I'm cleaning - but I don't trust brake cleaner s around body paint anymore...
That’s one of the things about spending a large part of my career doing surfactant chemistry, I see every cleaning problem as just a matter of finding the right mix of surfactants to solubilize oils and solids and remove them by understanding the chemistry of the substance to be removed.

Two of the best surfactant packages that are readily available to use are Formula 409 and Tide liquid laundry detergent. You would be amazed at the chemistry behind them and what they can do for cleaning if you apply them properly.

I had a pretty good workout.

20200114_153553.jpg

20200114_152714.jpg

Here is an example of what understanding surfactant chemistry can do.

This is my Zippo pocket blade. I have used it to cut open the tape on several large packages over the past couple of weeks and the blade is crusted with hard sticky glue residue that won’t wipe off And ordinary soap and water won’t hardly touch.

B93486DE-1CBA-4E4F-A6C0-DE875D9044E0.jpeg

I cleaned it in 15 seconds using a natural bio-surfactant that everyone has. Take your index finger and thumb and wipe along the sides of your nostrils and behind your ears. Once your fingers have collected the natural lipids and surfactants, just wipe along the blade a few times and the residue is totally dissolved. Wipe it with a tissue and the blade is completely clean.

4DA5578F-048A-4F26-A578-B8DBB9E4193B.jpeg

Last edited:
Used to check rear axle leak with a garden hose,if it foamed it was brake fluid, if water beads its gear oil. Was an easy check. if im repairing wheel cylinder leaks i wash it off with water as it takes majority of it off.

Right leg aches. Like muscle cramps. Hip is sore and both knees are stiff. I really dislike trudging around on the ice and slippy hard packed snow.

Right leg aches. Like muscle cramps. Hip is sore and both knees are stiff. I really dislike trudging around on the ice and slippy hard packed snow.
Where is that “yuck” button?

I hope you feel better after some rest.

Evening all. Been battleing alergies and sinuses. It has been cool and nasty/misty, sprinckley/rainy the last couple days. Fog didnt burn off till around 2:30.

Ray I pulled out the testor and ran it today. Has all the adapters but no book. Also I need to open it up and check the selector switch as its stiff and indistinct on the detents.

-
Back