Stop in for a cup of coffee

-
I knew you did not complete one.....
Hahahahaha I didn’t say I did. But got enough out of that old rusty bucket to get a swap meet spot and spending coin
Rented her out.......

I know, not nice.....She seems to be a good person....Met her twice...:thumbsup:

lol she still thinks you’re a carney

Holy Cow! The wife is from Detroit area, I think Baltimore has it beat!
Don’t worry, it’s still cold as hell up there, by March, Chicago will explode and then Detroit, you’ll be seeing dozens of deaths a day

Good Afternoon All! Got some stuff shuffled back and forth between pumphouse and shop, have the shelves basically where I want them. Hung up Dave's awesome calendar, best part! My Mom even commented on how she likes it, thanks again Dave!

View attachment 1715456553

View attachment 1715456554

View attachment 1715456555

View attachment 1715456556

View attachment 1715456557
Cool, glad you are enjoying the calendar. Looks like the shop is coming together nicely!

:thumbsup:

Body shop called, now that Duster is back from the frame shop (spent a LONG time there), they wanted to go over the upcoming work. One thing was that the fiberglass hood that came with the car was too rough, now I have to decide metal OEM or a better fiberglass with hood hinge (light duty).

Body shop called, now that Duster is back from the frame shop (spent a LONG time there), they wanted to go over the upcoming work. One thing was that the fiberglass hood that came with the car was too rough, now I have to decide metal OEM or a better fiberglass with hood hinge (light duty).
Well, I vote metal. Unless you are trying to get serious about weight reduction for drag racing, metal will be more durable and hold up better over time.

Glasstek. Best fitting fiberglass parts I’ve dealt with across 3 different vehicles

I didn't like so many Dzus fasteners, would be break out the hot dogs and marshmallows if something it were ever to catch fire.

So in other news, my birthday coming up and my wife gave me an early present. No x rated. She’s started a small savings account and put some cash in it as a start to saving for my Route 66 trip I want to take! She’s not interested in going and hasn’t ever been, but she’s suggested I take my Army buddy that’s I’m real close friends with.

I'll look into that, are they hinged and do they latch or pins?
They have both versions. And sell light weight hinges too. Price is pretty good, even better if you catch them at a show. Mine is a full lift off, I got it for 100 bucks brand new directly from them the last day of a swap meet.

Well, I vote metal. Unless you are trying to get serious about weight reduction for drag racing, metal will be more durable and hold up better over time.
Metal will also give a better fit and finish than fiberglass.

They have both versions. And sell light weight hinges too. Price is pretty good, even better if you catch them at a show. Mine is a full lift off, I got it for 100 bucks brand new directly from them the last day of a swap meet.

I checked out their website, closed right now as in Il, will consider as I saw the bolt on. Will discuss with body man, thanks.

WTF is wrong with people? Do you ever pee
Sad part is, common decency, respect and sense have all gone the way of the dinosaurs. It’s almost like people are out to screw other people. Some make it obvious, some pretend friendship, it’s just sad.

As much as I’d like to point to one generation or another, it’s really transcends multiple generations these days.

maybe I was just raised different, hell i don’t know. But the people in this world generally suck.

I bought a variac on Ebay to bring up the AC voltage to my "new" vintage tube receiver. It popped my 20 amp circuit breaker upon plugging in a couple of times. I reset, checked the voltage out, it's smooth from 0 ish to 122 vac. At first I thought for sure it was the variac, there was some issue but after thinking about it, 1. It's fused itself, now maybe that's for the output but that fuse never blew, it's 2kv and 15 amp, old school heavy duty and it could be inrush current or noise and my new style circuit breaker won't tolerate the plug in. In use it will always be plugged in with the receiver plugged into it's outlet. Anyone have an opinion on this? Am I in denial?

IMG_0342.jpg

IMG_0343.jpg

IMG_0344.jpg

-
Back