Stop in for a cup of coffee

-
Good afternoon EST!
It's Thames Thursday.

1960s-ford-thames-custom-van-flickr---photo-sharing.jpg

I don't buy enough anymore to justify the extra cost. The 2 day shipping would be nice though.
yeah, I was anti-amazon until i got a free year when I went back to school for my MBA. they give students prime for 1 year free, than 60% off for the time they're in school. We still buy most stuff locally though, only order of Amazon for stuff we cant find local. But some of the big stuff, or anything that out of stock locally, we can save tons with amazon.

but mostly, I use Prime for their video streaming. I cut directtv, which saved me 150 bucks a month. so for 100 bucks a year, I'm getting tons of channels via amazon plus free shipping plus saving money on the items(sometimes). so saving what, 1200 a year, plus the 400 off the quarter panel shipping and another 150 off the roll bar shipping, I've paid for prime for many years.

Can I have a moment of silence for Mr. Peanut the 104 year old spokesperson for Planters. He gave his life for the sake of his friends in a car accident and subsequent explosion. RIP Mr Peanut :(

I find I am buying more from Amazon then E-Bay any more....

I won't order from Amazon after hearing how they treat their employees...

Unless it's the only place to get the item and I need it...

Otherwise, I just use them for price comparisons....

I won't order from Amazon after hearing how they treat their employees...

Unless it's the only place to get the item and I need it...

Otherwise, I just use them for price comparisons....

Meh, i don't know about that. That may be a regional thing. I have lots of people in my Guard unit and others that are friends that work at all sorts of levels at the Distribution center in Whitestown, Indiana, they all say they love it.

Whelp, I got the critter home. She's hammered.. After a somewhat dramatic removal from the car, She is now sleeping soundly at my feet. Looks like I'm taking off work tomorrow also. That'll give me 4 days with her to get the healing started.

I never woulda thunk. Amazon and hot rod pieces. :thumbsup:
They've been selling all sorts of stuff for several years.
Fits in with their overall strategy as well as their website strategy.
Anything they think they can sell enough volume on.
And they are willing to include the shipping cost, or even eat it, to better position themselves for down the road.
Ditto for profit on the items.

So they suck up the high volume items, collect more data while they're at it, and then when we go looking for low volume items they dont have it and nor does John's Speed Shop - assuming he's still in business. :(

I still buy from them occassionally. But not if I have any other decent alternative - including ebay.

They've been selling all sorts of stuff for several years.
Fits in with their overall strategy as well as their website strategy.
Anything they think they can sell enough volume on.
And they are willing to include the shipping cost, or even eat it, to better position themselves for down the road.
Ditto for profit on the items.

So they suck up the high volume items, collect more data while they're at it, and then when we go looking for low volume items they dont have it and nor does John's Speed Shop - assuming he's still in business. :(

I still buy from them occasionally. But not if I have any other decent alternative - including ebay.
And they don't stock as much as you think. They are basically a drop ship reseller.

Whelp, I got the critter home. She's hammered.. After a somewhat dramatic removal from the car, She is now sleeping soundly at my feet. Looks like I'm taking off work tomorrow also. That'll give me 4 days with her to get the healing started.
Sounds pretty good. Best of luck. Dogs heal pretty fast so hopefully she'll be up and about real soon.
You may recall my vet didn't want to use anesthesia on my old girl when she had growth on the neck that was slowly growing larger.
He did a local - I held her - and his assistant helped while he quickly shaved around the growth, cut it out out, sutured it and we were out in 40 minutes or less. Fricken amazing.

-
Back