Stop in for a cup of coffee

-
ci-twisted-tea-45bbaeea1d705e8d.jpg
20160712193931-twisted-sister-publicityshot-rsz.jpg

GUEST_3b476458-1526-42aa-b112-80f7d1862cd5?wid=488&hei=488&fmt=pjpeg.jpg
71QMyWjui9L._SL1200_.jpg

Twisted-Metal-2012_LIMITED-ver2_PS3_US_ESRB.jpg

Found another thing that needs fixed yesterday, no heat in my Suburban. Changed out the blower last week, had fan and heat then. Temp gauge acting normal so not going to jump on thermostat, will check coolant tho. One hint I have is that the cold/heat slider doesn't feel right, think it's a mechanical control to either a flap or possibly a water valve, can't remember. Time for a look and maybe even my Haynes manual!

That there would be agnst' the law!!!:rofl: Freakin paper straws around here, mostly...

Well up in Seattle they outlawed a lot of plastic this and that's, water bottles etc. THEN they made a change at one of the big parks, either Safeco Field where the Mariners play or Century Link Field where the Seahawks play. The change: NO CASH ACCEPTED. So....you buy a little plastic temporary debit card with cash to buy your hotdogs, what do you think most people will do with that when they are done? Brilliant!

Buddy had a good point the other day. you used to get plastic straws in a paper sleeve, now you get a paper straw in a plastic sleeve....:realcrazy:

Found another thing that needs fixed yesterday, no heat in my Suburban. Changed out the blower last week, had fan and heat then. Temp gauge acting normal so not going to jump on thermostat, will check coolant tho. One hint I have is that the cold/heat slider doesn't feel right, think it's a mechanical control to either a flap or possibly a water valve, can't remember. Time for a look and maybe even my Haynes manual!

Check that the blend door is not stuck... It changes from heat to A/C...

Buddy had a good point the other day. you used to get plastic straws in a paper sleeve, now you get a paper straw in a plastic sleeve....:realcrazy:

And they put the straw wrapper on the outside of the straw, not the inside where the liquid contacts.... :rolleyes: :realcrazy:

So now you need to buy your own straw, be it plastic, silicone or stainless steel. How does one clean it? guess there must be a straw cleaning kit? Or just wad up a piece of a napkin and blow it through?

So now you need to buy your own straw, be it plastic, silicone or stainless steel. How does one clean it? guess there must be a straw cleaning kit? Or just wad up a piece of a napkin and blow it through?
Wife bought a pack of stainless steel straws that came with a cleaning brush...

I have a stainless straw, I clean it with a .22 pistol cleaning brush. Works perfect...

It's like those cleaning machines they advertise on TV for the CPAP machines. $400 and you hook your straw up and flush it for 6 hours after every use :lol:. There must be some sort of toxic chemical involved in that process that poisons unknowing bacteria and harms the ecological system. :realcrazy:

Speaking of enviromentally friendly. Draining coolant on a 2011 silverado is nothing less than an enviromental disaster. No rad drain. Guess gm ran out of petcocks...

FYI: its being reported, unconfirmed via ESPN radio, Ryan Newman may be at least partially paralyzed. again, UNCONFIRMED report from a "source" via ESPN radio just now.

hoping that is a wrong rumor.

here is an official update

newman.PNG

Last edited:
Having a fun time so far in Minneapolis. I am at the bank were Dennis and the seller are doing the wire transfer for payment Dennis bought a used Audi Q4 ? I'll drive the remtal car back for him. The roads weren't good coming up. A lot of the 4 hour trip was snow and ice covered roads.

FYI: its being reported, unconfirmed via ESPN radio, Ryan Newman may be at least partially paralyzed. again, UNCONFIRMED report from a "source" via ESPN radio just now.

hoping that is a wrong rumor.

here is an official update

View attachment 1715472707
Not good news but he is still with us. It was a pretty nasty crash and even with all the safety equipment, the human body is quite fragile. You could break your neck and be paralyzed by falling out of bed if you follow me.

-
Back