Stop in for a cup of coffee

-
I don't know how many here are aware of this. But the U.S. has been shifting gears, and aiding Viet Nam to increase productions of many of the items that now come from China. I have seen evidence of this when I am in Country. This has actually been going on for about 7 years in VN. I see Viet Nam becoming a major player in imports to the U.S. even more so in the future. Saigon is one of the fastest growing cities in the world. I have also seen first hand how the VN Govt. doles out a lot of leash, allowing for their lower and middle class people to run and operate their own businesses. I have been very encouraged, and was quite surprised to see this during my first trips there , 3 years ago. I might even go so far as to say, it is not far reaching, to think that there may be a voting society there, in the not so distant future.. That being said, I was in Walmart last week and picked up some garden sheers I needed for my landscaping purposes. Never really looked close at it until I got home. But...Guess what ?? Made in Viet Nam
View attachment 1715496207 View attachment 1715496208
Mitch, you are spot on. I do quite a bit of biz internationally and VN is really starting to emerge. The economy growth is staggering and arguably a well kept secret unintentionally!

OR pour gas while it is running!!!!!! Or trying to run..... DO NOT!!!!!

3AEE106B-F329-4AEA-8710-EBD0300C3C7B.gif

Viet nam is the new china when it comes to manufacturing.. Same kind of quality...IMO.
I disagree. I believe the products made in VN are of a higher quality.. For example, people like and also think that the brand "Columbia Clothing" is a quality product. Look at the tag on them, Made in Viet Nam.....Many other high quality products produced there.....

I disagree. I believe the products made in VN are of a higher quality.. For example, people like and also think that the brand "Columbia Clothing" is a quality product. Look at the tag on them, Made in Viet Nam.....Many other high quality products produced there.....
lots of high quality in China as well, just not the norm. Viet Nam makes a lot of clothing for high line company's ....LL Bean among them....Lands end....the list goes on and on...

lots of high quality in China as well, just not the norm. Viet Nam makes a lot of clothing for high line company's ....LL Bean among them....Lands end....the list goes on and on...
Yes ,I know. And the Viet people are not held quite as tight under the thumb of the Government, as are the Chinese.. Therefore makes for happier workers and better product. First hand knowledge......

Well, lets put it this way. In the hour I've been gone from here. I changed the oil and filter on my John Deere. Replaced the valve cover gaskets, and spark plugs......And Guess What??? When I turn the key, it starts right up.........:lol:

Well, lets put it this way. In the hour I've been gone from here. I changed the oil and filter on my John Deere. Replaced the valve cover gaskets, and spark plugs......And Guess What??? When I turn the key, it starts right up.........:lol:

:icon_fU:

She fires up now , working on getting her to idle down now

-
Back