Stop in for a cup of coffee

-
Mornin folks. Can everybody else see Hoppies image. I am worried about my puter
nope

0550F0DA-8FAC-4D17-8DC7-70659400149D.png

Damn. Deck conversation came up again.
Wicker. I hate wicker.

Still here. Decided to watch church later. Watching Meet the Press and the wife is doing some work from home this morning.
Just woke up. Have Meet the Press on here too. So the hot topic is Trump not wearing a mask. LOL If I was him (or anyone in a power position)I would say anyone getting within 20ft of me wears a mask, so I don't have to. problem solved. Not like he is going to speak on camera with it on anyway. I don't think him or any other leader of any party is standing in line at the grocery store... :BangHead:

Buddy has a skidder with a Detriot. Angry and rough. as it should be.

You haven’t lived till you get stuck driving a old Detroit! I wore ear plugs in the cab! Run RPMs right up till you think she is gonna grenade and shift. No clutch required.
Love the sound of those old 2 cycle Detroits! They really rev when they suck oil and run away.

Love the sound of those old 2 cycle Detroits! They really rev when they suck oil and run away.
Buddy’s intake has an air cutoff flapper. First winter he had it, was bouncing around, and flapper closed.
Had no idea it was there. took him a while to figure it out.

Buddy’s intake has an air cutoff flapper. First winter he had it, was bouncing around, and flapper closed.
Had no idea it was there. took him a while to figure it out.

The Emergency Kill on one of our truck cranes got pulled mysteriously. I do my morning walk around jump in hit the starter button and nuthin' but crankin' and wee little wisps of black smoke :wtf:. I was just an apprentice but had some history with Detroits. Checked the kill switch normal, open up the hood again, sure as life the flapper had tripped to the OFF position. The spring on that flapper is pretty stout and no leverage on that little cam :lol: The carpenters were a little upset with me after we rolled up 15 minutes late :rofl:

In the Navy, they use an NC8 starting unit, to start aircraft. Or at least they used to. Powered by 2 stroke Detroits. When a blower seal leaks, they run away on crankcase oil, till they explode! Rule, if it starts to run away, get it away from the birds!!!! Saw one blow, it is impressive how high they will rev till they let go!

I got gas at Sam’s Club this morning (2.01). Didn’t go in, but cruised by entrance to see if any TP coming out. Nope. But almost every cart had water and/or paper towels.

I just filled up at $1.849 / gallon...

-
Back