Stop in for a cup of coffee

-
Well, night men.......Over did it some today, still feeling the effects of to much Corona.........

I hope that it's too much Corona beer, and not the virus lingering...

Get some rest and I hope you feel better in the morning...

In the Navy, they use an NC8 starting unit, to start aircraft. Or at least they used to. Powered by 2 stroke Detroits. When a blower seal leaks, they run away on crankcase oil, till they explode! Rule, if it starts to run away, get it away from the birds!!!! Saw one blow, it is impressive how high they will rev till they let go!

We had a Detroit V-16 gen set in a reefer trailer for the portable rock plant :lol: I enjoyed starting that beast up every morning, and starting that first 200hp electric motor and the belch of black smoke from the genset :lol: Great way to start the day. I hit the start button one morning, crank crank crank CLUNK :wtf:. A cylinder sleeve cracked and flooded a cylinder.
The repair shop couldn't work on it on site. The trailer had a bunch of switch gear for the plant in it. Had to get the gen set out of the trailer. Had the 45 ton hydrocrane hooked up to it to load it on the low bed. Out of the trailer heading to the low bed the Detroit on the crane poops the bed and there hangs that 7 ton V-16 in mid air :lol: The way they got it down should have been a safety film of things NOT to do on a safe construction site :rofl:

Fleabay is getting more use in our house than normal. Yesterday I ordered movie DVD Vanishing Point. I came across the movie while researching Leslie West>Mountain>Mississippi Queen>Vanishing Point. Looking forward to watching it, don't think I've seen it.

There are two versions of Vanishing Point... The 70's version, and the 90's version....

The 70's version has a blonde riding a motorcycle naked in the desert... :p :p

Last edited:
Just woke up. Have Meet the Press on here too. So the hot topic is Trump not wearing a mask. LOL If I was him (or anyone in a power position)I would say anyone getting within 20ft of me wears a mask, so I don't have to. problem solved. Not like he is going to speak on camera with it on anyway. I don't think him or any other leader of any party is standing in line at the grocery store... :BangHead:

Yeah, but with the secret cervix guarding him, who is going to get close enough to him???? :elmer:

Still havent gone to shop. Lazy day.
I'm in the Shop, like most days...but I'm just playin around on my new laptop. Might work on fabbing the seat brackets for the A100 seats...Ok...maybe after a few beers.....:thumbsup:

Just because you can ... doesn't mean you should :rofl:

thumbnail
thumbnail

I'm in the Shop, like most days...but I'm just playin around on my new laptop. Might work on fabbing the seat brackets for the A100 seats...Ok...maybe after a few beers.....:thumbsup:
Hows it running? New lap top? Recover everything?

I hit a new milestone today. I now weigh under 240 lbs for the first time since 1996. 75 lbs lost!

2DFCDFB3-A937-4363-8618-C9D676BACF0A.jpeg

I think this snow storm robbed me of energy today. In the shop but not getting much done. Bouncing in and out of here but mostly sipping green tea and pondering creating a wire schematic for Demon
Only tough part of wiring is the turn signal, brake wiring. IMO. All else is straight forward....For me at least...

Rear fender wells on a '73 Valiant more door must have the same volume as a '72 Dart? Dontcha think?
If you are taking about the inside of the wheel wells, the Valiant has more. It’s because of the way the wheel opening lip flares out on the Valiant.

86A0023D-E264-4AAA-8857-048764B70FC7.jpeg

93DCF023-F719-4E8D-BE3B-9345660F0315.jpeg

-
Back