Stop in for a cup of coffee

-
We always called those “clip tits”. For screws on the ends I always put dab of clear silicone in the hole before running the screw in. Never had a leaker.
I might need help getting the VN top on it correctly. I'll contact you....

I got the GTS unbuttoned today. Checked the fluids and tire pressure plus topped up the charge on battery. Will wash the windows and fire it up tomorrow and take it for a spin. First stop will be to top off the tank with fresh fuel.

89F8E6BF-00E5-491B-B74B-CB41F722BDAD.jpeg

Thinking about rebuilding my motor if the compression test is bad. Any tips or tricks if I do? It would be my first rebuild. 66 dart 273.
20200524_184725.jpg

Thinking about rebuilding my motor if the compression test is bad. Any tips or tricks if I do? It would be my first rebuild. 66 dart 273. View attachment 1715534568
Good place to start is the Factory Service Manual. Should have complete basic motor rebuild info. At least give you an idea what your getting into. If you need the FSM, they are available under reference at Mymopar.com

Thinking about rebuilding my motor if the compression test is bad. Any tips or tricks if I do? It would be my first rebuild. 66 dart 273. View attachment 1715534568
I have a recent rebuild in my 66, 318, runs great, that I might sell if you need it. Complete.....See it run and drive....Let me know...
O and I like your car...

I am sooo tempted to keep it in the car, I have been all over the idea of putting a 408 stroker in it, I actually bought a 408 from @Johnny Mac and have collecting the neded parts to in stall. BUT the 318 runs so good I might keep it and sell the 408!!!
I like the way uncle Tony put it,..... you really have to define a purpose for the car to determine what is the right amount of power you should be getting out of it.

Only you can answer what you want the car to do for you, and the teen might be the answer.

I have a recent rebuild in my 66, 318, runs great, that I might sell if you need it. Complete.....See it run and drive....Let me know...
O and I like your car...
Thanks brother. But I'm keeping numbers matching. The compression is good. I noticed that my coil is getting too hot. I tested spark but its intermittent. Brand new coil. I think I'm in for an electrical problem. I'll tackle it tomorrow.

I am sooo tempted to keep it in the car, I have been all over the idea of putting a 408 stroker in it, I actually bought a 408 from @Johnny Mac and have collecting the neded parts to in stall. BUT the 318 runs so good I might keep it and sell the 408!!!
Almost had to hit the disagree button!! Lol.
Come on...500 ft lbs should be plenty of motivation :p

Thanks brother. But I'm keeping numbers matching. The compression is good. I noticed that my coil is getting too hot. I tested spark but its intermittent. Brand new coil. I think I'm in for an electrical problem. I'll tackle it tomorrow.
Distributor needs work.

Sparky work on it?:rofl:

Morning all!

-
Back