Stop in for a cup of coffee

-
Sheep are carriers!

meanwhile-at-the-isis-strip-club-13573103.png

I spent almost a year in Turkie, There is no way they can social distance there just not in their culture at all.

Just watching the news on the rioting. I bet anything the guardsmen/women there don't have a round between them, maybe the SR ranks. No way they would take the chance of some one freaking out in that situation.

Just watching the news on the rioting. I bet anything the guardsmen/women there don't have a round between them, maybe the SR ranks. No way they would take the chance of some one freaking out in that situation.
You getting any storms yet? Hearing warnings on the radio for North and West of us. Gettysburg- 70mph and quarter size hail possible
I put the cover on the Duster this morning with just the factory straps, didn’t have time to add bungees. Could actually be good if it balloons up a little if we get hail. As long as it doesn’t get ripped off...

Going right over us for a bit, looks like we will get the brunt of the line of severe weather. Man the president is really slamming China right now.

I was really surprised to see them carrying M-16's. What is a NG soldier going to do start shooting?? I don't think so. I'm surprised because NG rules of engagement and arming orders are so strict in a civil disturbance mission. Just a basic law enforcement support mission requires special training and briefings which tells me why it took them three days to arrive. That is only to with the soldiers are crowd controlled trained. Part of the NG training mission is law enforcement crowd control support and I emphasis the word support. With years of training for combat deployments crowd control training has taken a back seat. Usually in a crowd control support mission they are armed with a baton and crowd control uniform (helmet with face shield, vest, hand, elbow and knee pads) not M-16's.

Last edited:
I did a stint on base security at pearl harbor since I was a designated MAA. Very strict rules out in town. Basically driven by the Kent state incident.

I'm going electric for now. I have a couple coupons so it's going to cost $20 something.
I'm also going to pick up a couple propane bottles and buy a torch kit.
When my buddy comes later this summer to work on the car we're going to clean up the front suspension.
Said I needed to have one on standby for those bolts that don't wanna give.
Just all good stuff to have.
Wear a face shield then.
Really.
Stuff spinning at 10,000 rpm is crazy enough, Don't need to take chances with disks made at the lowest cost..

Not happy the air fitting I just got from McMasters was made in China. But at least its a simple casting - and only going be used at 30 psi or less. That's another thing I don't take chances with - high pressure systems.

Depends. My old unit is the alert unit for that very thing. I spent 6 years training in nothing but riot control during AT. It’s usually a multi tier system. Front line, shields, masks and batons. Second line Had the same but was equipped pepper ball and CS. Third line has batons, but had weapons at the ready, 4th line was usually vehicle mounted with a variety of non lethal and lethal systems.

Best marksmen were the ones equipped for lethal action. Incident Commander alone could give the order. And depending on the RoE, if fired upon, we could or we could not automatically return fire without the ICs order. As a team leader, and an expert marksman, I was in the 4th line in a turret the latter part of those 6 years. First 2-3, I was in the front line

Luckily, I never had to find out what it’s like to stand there. But we trained like hell, even had role players to throw **** at us during some of it

I was really surprised to see them carrying M-16's. What is a NG soldier going to do start shooting?? I don't think so. I'm surprised because NG rules of engagement and arming orders are so strict in a civil disturbance mission. Just a basic law enforcement support mission requires special training and briefings which tells me why it took them three days to arrive. That is only to with the soldiers are crowd controlled trained. Part of the NG training mission is law enforcement crowd control support and I emphasis the word support. With years of training for combat deployments crowd control training has taken a back seat. Usually in a crowd control support mission they are armed with a baton and crowd control uniform (helmet with face shield, vest, hand, elbow and knee pads) not M-16's.
There was gun fire exchanged last night on numerous occasions , I was listening to the scanner feed live until about midnight.

and they carried m16s during the LA riots, m4s with the St Louis and Baltimore riots.

See, if the governor had any balls, he’d have some A10s circle real real low. That would get some attention.

Well looks like they just arrested that cop that started all this. That may help with the riots

Depends. My old unit is the alert unit for that very thing. I spent 6 years training in nothing but riot control during AT. It’s usually a multi tier system. Front line, shields, masks and batons. Second line Had the same but was equipped pepper ball and CS. Third line has batons, but had weapons at the ready, 4th line was usually vehicle mounted with a variety of non lethal and lethal systems.

Best marksmen were the ones equipped for lethal action. Incident Commander alone could give the order. And depending on the RoE, if fired upon, we could or we could not automatically return fire without the ICs order. As a team leader, and an expert marksman, I was in the 4th line in a turret the latter part of those 6 years. First 2-3, I was in the front line

Luckily, I never had to find out what it’s like to stand there. But we trained like hell, even had role players to throw **** at us during some of it
And as you know and others may not when a law enforcement agency request NG support for crowd control (the word riot went out years ago) through state Emergency Management and authorized by the state Governor they are a law enforcement force multiplier. They are used for key asset security and traffic control. This allows law enforcement to concentrate on the problem people and areas. Usually in situations like this 5% cause 95% of the problems. NG can train for force confrontations but rarely do they engage. I don't like the look of a NG soldier standing there holding a rifle. With 33 years NG service and a couple deployments I love to see them used as they should be. With 30 years law enforcement experience 20 SWAT years, Gang Unit, DEA Task Force, and over 1200 force entry search warrants (yep I did all the fun stuff) I can tell you that rifle weapon retention is difficult unless you train daily. I'd hate to see a M-16 taken. It wouldn't be good.

-
Back