Stop in for a cup of coffee

-
Saw that one coming... just got message that our day off Monday is cancelled.

:D My old contract that would be a triple time day :D
39 years in the Operating Engineers i collected on that once. :lol:
They should have had better sense than to start a 1500 cu yd concrete pour on the day before Thanksgiving :lol:
Worst part was I had to miss the Thanksgiving buffet the company had for everybody else :lol:

:D My old contract that would be a triple time day :D
39 years in the Operating Engineers i collected on that once. :lol:
They should have had better sense than to start a 1500 cu yd concrete pour on the day before Thanksgiving :lol:
Worst part was I had to miss the Thanksgiving buffet the company had for everybody else :lol:
Not sure how this one pays. Rare to do a holiday. Usually they would do the Saturday and we would be off Monday. Since Sat is the 4th I guess they didn’t want to mess with that. :usflag: Should be at least 2.5x Sundays pay double. So if they do that on top of holiday pay, then it 3x

Not sure how this one pays. Rare to do a holiday. Usually they would do the Saturday and we would be off Monday. Since Sat is the 4th I guess they didn’t want to mess with that. :usflag: Should be at least 2.5x Sundays pay double. So if they do that on top of holiday pay, then it 3x
That'll bump you into the next tax bracket! :lol:

Havent worn a watch in years. Getting arm snagged under a dash isnt any fun. Either that,and i was constantly destroying them.
And now,you have a watch, i got the time...
I wear a Real Navy Seal Watch....But I always take it off , and rings, when I manual labor......:thumbsup:

Its a roasty one out there now.
Can’t wear shorts as i never do. Them pure white legs would burst into flames.

Its a roasty one out there now.
Can’t wear shorts as i never do. Them pure white legs would burst into flames.
I'm having a hard time convincing myself to go for a walk. May be I will wait for 8 pm or so.

I'm having a hard time convincing myself to go for a walk. May be I will wait for 8 pm or so.
I just got done with yard work and mowing 90 with 65% humidity...big glass of ice water now.
Last night, Cheryl and I did an hour and a half tennis drill class outside with a 102 heat index. I'd done another indoor hour and a half earlier at noon.
Yep I had a couple beers, and slept very well.

Last edited:

Procrastinate A17.png

I wear a Real Navy Seal Watch....But I always take it off , and rings, when I manual labor......:thumbsup:
I take the jewelry off. I saw a guy loose a finger jumping off the back of a deuce and a half snagging a ring on a tie down hook.

Not cutting grass. Im not subjecting my little diesel tractor to such extreme heat. Ya, that sounds reasonable.

Had drive south 20 mins to find printer ink today. So stopped by my paint guys place. Don't laugh too much, he is younger than I, but worn out from body business
IMG_20200630_134935.jpg

Not cutting grass. Im not subjecting my little diesel tractor to such extreme heat. Ya, that sounds reasonable.
I mow most of my little acre with a rider, and ran it a little slower today.

Had drive south 20 mins to find printer ink today. So stopped by my paint guys place. Don't laugh too much, he is younger than I, but worn out from body business
View attachment 1715554161
Wow yep I know what you mean. We ran into a couple guys I went to High School with last weekend. Cheryl said she'd never guessed we were the same age.
But you know its not easy staying young...haha!!

Wow yep I know what you mean. We ran into a couple guys I went to High School with last weekend. Cheryl said she'd never guessed we were the same age.
But you know its not easy staying young...haha!!
Yup, Pretty sure, I don't look that old ....:lol:
IMG-4d3a292d03abb183f364a5f89fb716ba-V.jpg

Don't forget to pay your house insurance! I bailed my wife out again. She's the accountant and I better pay the bills. LOL She pays millions of dollars of city bills every week and doesn't want to do it when she gets home. A pretty big check for me to write but I get a nice refund back on my collector car insurance if we don't have a claim. Car insurance is free and then some.

Don't forget to pay your house insurance! I bailed my wife out again. She's the accountant and I better pay the bills. LOL She pays millions of dollars of city bills every week and doesn't want to do it when she gets home. A pretty big check for me to write but I get a nice refund back on my collector car insurance if we don't have a claim. Car insurance is free and then some.
Nice!! Yep had homeowners insurance and house property taxes in the same month...sucks for sure!! I brace for it every year.

-
Back