Stop in for a cup of coffee

-
What about cars with masks????
How bout Drivers with Masks ?????????

upload_2020-7-1_10-23-48.png

Hey Ray, I am thinking second week in Sept I am going to be heading back there..............If that works for you and Marylin.....

I have never worn a mask while painting cars, that MAY explain a few things. Well, If I am in a legit spray booth then I have.....

I've wondered about that since the Covid/mask issue arrived. Has law enforcement noticed any rise in events that usually include masked perpatrators? :realcrazy:
I was thinking of making masks that had "This is a hold up" on them.....Would be REAL popular in banks I bet:rofl:

Cleaning up my work area in the quonset. Lots of crap in my way thats for sure. Fighting the urge to lift cab off the Fargo.

I don't know...I asked him what about if I got a new evaporator, did he know anyone who would want to take on that unpleasant job, and that was his answer.
Assuming yours is not too much different than an A body, it's not that bad of a job to rebuild the whole heater box with a kit from DMT. Why do you think its the evap?Did he actually check it? That's the most protected part of the system. It's more likely a fitting, or the condenser. I just had my valve cover off. Have to lift the AC line pretty far to get it out. Praying it didn't open anything up moving those lines after I finally got it charged and working.

Assuming yours is not too much different than an A body, it's not that bad of a job to rebuild the whole heater box with a kit from DMT. Why do you think its the evap?Did he actually check it? That's the most protected part of the system. It's more likely a fitting, or the condenser. I just had my valve cover off. Have to lift the AC line pretty far to get it out. Praying it didn't open anything up moving those lines after I finally got it charged and working.
There was a hissing sound from under the dash last year when he charged the system, and the freon leaked out. This time I noticed a slight unusual odor inside the car. The evaporator/heater core is inside this weird plastic clam shell that is mounted into the firewall with sealant. Don't know if it really is the evaporator, or a fitting, or something else.

There was a hissing sound from under the dash last year when he charged the system, and the freon leaked out. This time I noticed a slight unusual odor inside the car. The evaporator/heater core is inside this weird plastic clam shell that is mounted into the firewall with sealant. Don't know if it really is the evaporator, or a fitting, or something else.
If its inside the box, then -yes it is the evap. There are no fittings beyond the firewall

If its inside the box, then -yes it is the evap. There are no fittings beyond the firewall
One other thought, before condemning the evep. Not sure if your box is all mechanical controls. If doors are operated by vacuum, they could leak and hiss, and fake you out... But if you smell the freon inside... yeh, its done.

Just finished tune-up on the Duster. I turned the mix in as far as I could without dropping RPM. (Usually try to center it in the 'sweet' area.) Hopefully that will reduce my carbon on plugs and out the tailpipe. As said I believe it's more cause it idles a lot. Especially when it was colder outside. Slants do not like to run cold. I then adjusted low and high idle and looked at the timing. Was 1-2 advance. I thought we left it at like 5before, but book actually calls for zero/TDC. Running good, so decided not to Fk with it. Took a short test drive All good. Time to get ready for work.

Stripping Fargo cab. Switches, gauges instrument clusters. Next i will pull windshield. Send one pane off as a sample to get 2 new ones cut. Think i saved a shipping carton for a side glass, will work good.

Just came back from looking for 564 printer ink for my HP printer. Have tried several times in the past week to find it. Apparently everyone at home doing work from home, because of Covid 19. Finally found some at Office Depot, but paid dearly for that. Need to print a few Tax pages to sign, so I can get my Tax Return in on time.....:mob::mob::BangHead::BangHead:

Got inturrupted. Looks like im prepping a shed to be moved instead of play-working on my truck. Whatever. Stuff needs to get done.

Just came back from looking for 564 printer ink for my HP printer. Have tried several times in the past week to find it. Apparently everyone at home doing work from home, because of Covid 19. Finally found some at Office Depot, but paid dearly for that. Need to print a few Tax pages to sign, so I can get my Tax Return in on time.....:mob::mob::BangHead::BangHead:
:soapbox:
just had a shopping sucks experience myself. Ordered online for in store pickup at Home Depot. Get in line. Only a few people First couple goes up pretty quick. After 5 minutes of inspecting something in a box, they leave without it. At this point there are 5 employees f’ckin around on phones and computers. One guy in line in front of me. 10minutes later, same picture. I walked out. :BangHead: Try again tomorrow I guess.

I get my HP ink for free!! From HP!!! Long story, but I talked them into enrolling me in the ink for life club, for free!!!

Well, this county has decided to once again close all bars/pubs that do not have in house food service. Not that I go to many bars. They seem to have realized that social distancing is difficult to achieve in a bar type setting. On the other hand the County operated beaches will be open :realcrazy:. Since most race tracks have snack bars and beer stands, shouldn't they be open? :lol:

I get my HP ink for free!! From HP!!! Long story, but I talked them into enrolling me in the ink for life club, for free!!!
Good deal! I just bought a HP printer after Christmas, and had that option. We dont print that much and finally had to replace the black, not the color, which I thought was even more weird. So 6 months on a set isnt bad in my opinion.

So, latest Covid requirement. Das Gubner says masks everywhere inside and even outside if not able to maintain 6ft. They barely enforced the business shutdown...

-
Back