Stop in for a cup of coffee

-
Not going to be too hot today, i can see getting lots done on the dash today. Cut hole for stereo,there was a snap in plate,that i can chop up,and put it back in so the only thing i really trash is the block off.
Original radio location is to left of steering column,instead of middle of dash. Different.

@Ben Drinkin bait!
rick bait.jpg

I got my stuff back from the chrome shop yesterday. The shop does some great work. Two small trim pieces particularly I thought were two far gone to fix. No they made them look new. They are transition chrome from front to rear chrome around a 67-69 Barracuda and very hard to find. Here is a before and after pic.

chrome before.jpg

chrome.jpg

Had a chance to mess with the truck yesterday, just cant believe the hal effect distrib just crapped out. Tested it with a meter, looks good, looked at all the wires, good. Try to crank it to see if the code is still there, starts no code! :wtf: Want to find what the heck it was before using it! Thinking a pushed pin some where?

I got my stuff back from the chrome shop yesterday. The shop does some great work. Two small trim pieces particularly I thought were two far gone to fix. No they made them look new. They are transition chrome from front to rear chrome around a 67-69 Barracuda and very hard to find. Here is a before and after pic.

View attachment 1715571606

View attachment 1715571607
Did they re-chrome or just sand out the pocks and polish? Those look good. Pot metal can be sanded and polished like aluminum.

This time I had them do my extra set of hood inserts, chrome taillight inserts, and the review mirror stem.
The only thing left are the taillight bezels. They aren't bad but starting to see some pitting pop ping up.
It shouldn't cost more than a new set of repops. I'd rather have originals on this car.

Looks like hospitals are at full capacity and they are actually doing military style triage and letting the worst cases die at home. On GMA right now.

I have to ask how much to do those two pieces? I know it takes a lot of polishing etc.

Looks like hospitals are at full capacity and they are actually doing military style triage and letting the worst cases die at home. On GMA right now.
And that is political BS. CDC like they did in New York, will send the military in and set up a 1000 bed field hospital if that happens.

I would easily pay that. I am playing around with Nickel plating, a lot of work, absolutely clean metal to start, then polish, re clean, then copper plate, polish, re clean then Nickle and polish. Don't have it down yet the copper takes a ton of time to do. Also have to find some 99,99% pure copper to sacrifice.

-
Back