Stop in for a cup of coffee

-
The new Challenger will likely be more powerful than the currently available 707-hp Dodge Challenger SRT Hellcat, but we aren't sure by how much. Wringing 1,000 hp out of the supercharged V8 would be a feat, but would look great in advertising art. Dropping the output to a devilish 666 hp would also make for a good ad campaign, but would make it less powerful than the currently available Hellcats.

The new addition to the challenger lineup will make its global debut at the New York auto show but will be teased throughout a video series and weekly updates. The first video, dubbed “Cage,” is below.

We’re sad that Dodge didn’t return the Demon name with the proper Demon logo, but at least they're diving deep into the company’s heritage for names. We’ll keep you posted as this car’s development progresses.

Read more: Dodge Challenger SRT Demon is coming to raise hell

Want to know how to make your car a LOT lighter? Eject the seats.

That’s apparently what Dodge did to the Challenger SRT Demon, the upcoming extreme version of its Challenger SRT Hellcat muscle car.

Motor Authority reports that Dodge dropped over 100 pounds from the car by deleting its rear bench and the front passenger seat, and a Dodge spokesman confirmed the detail to Fox News.

Removing the rear seats to make a special lightweight version of a street legal sports car isn’t that uncommon -- Ford does it to the Mustang to create the Shelby GT350R, as does Porsche for the 911 GT3 -- but the passenger seat? Not unless you’re building a race car.

Dodge appears to be trying to make the Demon as close to one of those as possible. Along with the seats, it also stripped out the spare tire, trunk liner, a bunch of sound insulation, all but two of the speakers, the electronic parking sensors and the power-adjustable steering column.

Talk about roughing it.

Aside from all of that, it did swap in a few lighter parts, including a set of open-lug aluminum wheels, aluminum brakes and a hollow sway bar for a total net loss of 215 pounds compared to the Challenger SRT Hellcat.

To be fair, Dodge hasn’t even said for sure that the Demon even is street legal -- in fact, it has a button marked Race Gas on the dashboard – but it is equipping it with street-legal drag radials, which suggests that it is.

I am kind of back made breakfast, eggs, hashbrowns with pepper spam, bacon, MMMMM guess what I call it

I WILL POO II

The new Challenger set for debut for 2018/2019 (was supposed to be 2017 but it got pushed back) is supposed to be a smaller, lighter package while maintaining the hemi and hell cat options. Reports were that it is roughly in between the Mustang and Camaro in terms of size

Wonder if they will have one for rides at Carlisle this year?
doubtful, but there's a company just south of town here that makes exhaust systems for chrysler, including the hellcat challenger, there's been a challenger looking car wrapped in black test wrap running up and down their 1/2 mile test track. I didn't think anything of it till now as they do this all the time will all sorts of cars, but I bet with the wrap, its the demon or possibly the new challenger.

even on the same platform - just give it the old Duster/Demon back end and make the nose a retro Demon look...
yep, Demonish tail lights and front end, a more rounded qtr glass, it's own decal package, but they're riding the Challenger for all it's worth. Calling it a Demon is almost sacriledge.

ruh-roh, I just seen on the news, Venezuelan goverment has seized all bakeries down there now. and food prices continue to soar. I've not heard from my friend down there in a few weeks, shot him an email to see if he's alright.

well, guess who didnt throw his back out last night and got on the phone with a rental company this morning for to get a bobcat reserved?

Want to know how to make your car a LOT lighter? Eject the seats.

That’s apparently what Dodge did to the Challenger SRT Demon, the upcoming extreme version of its Challenger SRT Hellcat muscle car.

Motor Authority reports that Dodge dropped over 100 pounds from the car by deleting its rear bench and the front passenger seat, and a Dodge spokesman confirmed the detail to Fox News.

Removing the rear seats to make a special lightweight version of a street legal sports car isn’t that uncommon -- Ford does it to the Mustang to create the Shelby GT350R, as does Porsche for the 911 GT3 -- but the passenger seat? Not unless you’re building a race car.

Dodge appears to be trying to make the Demon as close to one of those as possible. Along with the seats, it also stripped out the spare tire, trunk liner, a bunch of sound insulation, all but two of the speakers, the electronic parking sensors and the power-adjustable steering column.

Talk about roughing it.

Aside from all of that, it did swap in a few lighter parts, including a set of open-lug aluminum wheels, aluminum brakes and a hollow sway bar for a total net loss of 215 pounds compared to the Challenger SRT Hellcat.

To be fair, Dodge hasn’t even said for sure that the Demon even is street legal -- in fact, it has a button marked Race Gas on the dashboard – but it is equipping it with street-legal drag radials, which suggests that it is.

Do you know how to loose 20 LB of ugly fat???

Chop off your head.... :poke:

-
Back