Stop in for a cup of coffee

-
Watched a bunch of wrist pin removal install videos. Looks easy enough to wreck a piston. Will be
Making a few pieces in the lathe first. Havent used the lathe or the press in a while. Im now certain theres a .001 discrepency.

Forrester bits
Self feeding bits...forester bits a Little different...
What is a Forstner bit used for?
Forstner bits are guided by the wide outside rim of the bit, unlike most drill bits, which are guided by the tip. Because of that, they can be used along with a drill press to drill angled holes, holes that partially overlap, and holes on the edge of the material.
What is a self feeding bit?
The self-feed style forstner bits have a lead auger screw which will pull its way into the log and with multi spur saw teeth this bit will make safe, easy work of drilling holes. ... The self feed bits can only be used in a heavy-duty ½" hand drill, not in a drill press and come in 1", 1 ½", 2" & 3" sizes.

my dad actually calls me crazy for spending good money on drill bits but I feel you get what you pay for.

he will go to HF and buy a set for under 20 bucks and I will pay that for a single bit.

I still have all of mine and they are sharp and ready for a true craftswoman

my dad actually calls me crazy for spending good money on drill bits but I feel you get what you pay for.

he will go to HF and buy a set for under 20 bucks and I will pay that for a single bit.

And you use them instead??:poke::poke:

I am interested. And she did not come up because of the snow and she is all upset with her daughter in Mexico city.

I bought a 'decent' set about 30 yrs ago that had a great case... each time I've killed a bit, I've replaced it with top quality... I now have a great set on a cool case..

I bought a 'decent' set about 30 yrs ago that had a great case... each time I've killed a bit, I've replaced it with top quality... I now have a great set on a cool case..
Drilling steel, you need the best bits you can afford, IMO.

This site is getting hard to use, having to close browser and restart all the time. Needs to be fixed IMO.

If I knew what you were talking about, it would be helpful. Posting about it in the correct place wouldn't be a bad idea either, like the Website Questions and Suggestions ----

Or you could post it here and then I'll only see it if someone else takes the time to call my attention to it...

Been working on my boat, been drilling stainless. Talk about tough!!!
Oh yeah, stainless is tough to drill. I had a full set of bits made just for SS back when I was modifying Pharmaceutical equipment in the machine shop at work. Even then, too fast and too much pressure and the bit is instant toast.

If I knew what you were talking about, it would be helpful. Posting about it in the correct place wouldn't be a bad idea either, like the Website Questions and Suggestions ----

Or you could post it here and then I'll only see it if someone else takes the time to call my attention to it...
I don't want to be a pain... I really thought you were aware of the issues, started when going to the secure https server.

-
Back