Stop in for a cup of coffee

-
Pretty old school how they are made, never even thought about using one in the field, just did not know about them.

Today is oil change school.
Best friend’s daughter is bringing a friend over to learn how to service her F150.
Will teach her about inspecting various things and help her understand what goes on in most garages.
Educating someone will maybe prevent the typical “you need an injector flush “ and all the other hooks the service writer tries to set.
Nice that's the way to do it. My daughter is turning out to be a decent wrench asks a lot of questions.

I run an old jd mower behind my 15 hp diesel kubota. Its a little tractor. 4 feet wide. Mower is a
6 or 7 footer. My machine carries it no problem. It takes little power to run it.
Most are a standard 1-3/8” 6 spline.

That one will do it for sure. Might grab ron today and see if we can get it on the tractor. Why do they use a wooden bar to run it? In case you hit metal?

I am tired of weed eating the banks around here so I thought I would use an old sickle bar mower
Mine goes on a couple times a year to cut the grass and shrubs in my line of spruce trees. I use a chain hoist to hang it on the tractor, its so cumbersome.

That one will do it for sure. Might grab ron today and see if we can get it on the tractor. Why do they use a wooden bar to run it? In case you hit metal?
The pitman,in case something locks up. The drive end of the knife probably has a ball/socket that pops apart if you hit something that wont cut. If i tag a tree, it disconnects and swings away.

I saw how big it is. If it is too big for yours it is too big for mine....Ha ha ha there you go Boys
What tractor do you have? Those things were used by model Bs and above. 540 rpm pto shafts.

The board is on the end of the mower blade. It pushes the fallen weeds away from the next swath so it does not plug the mower up. You can mow without it. But depending on what you are mowing you may have to get off and unplug it. And Hoppy that thing will mow small trees, animals, fingers and hands! Shut the tractor off if you have to unplug it

Sickle-bar-mower-cutter-bar-detail.jpg

And don't get your fingers close to the sickle when you fold it up. Morning guys.

The board is on the end of the mower blade. It pushes the fallen weeds away from the next swath so it does not plug the mower up. You can mow without it. But depending on what you are mowing you may have to get off and unplug it. And Hoppy that thing will mow small trees, animals, fingers and hands! Shut the tractor off if you have to unplug it

View attachment 1715153708
The wood piece is not the tailboard, its part of the drive system. Size of a hockey stick.
I replaced mine, was like 20 bucks. If bearings pile up, it fails.

Keep in mind it only lays the grass or weeds down it does not mulch it. Penn Dot uses them all the time up here to mow the edge of the roads

Totally different design. The board runs the blade with a ball socket like tj mentioned. Have to see if I have some oak around to make it.

Ken told me they have them at tractor supply under 20 just have to measure it might just pick it up today just to try it out. Kid did a good job on it from what I can tell. Hell he took the money and bought a tractor with it!

The wood piece is not the tailboard, its part of the drive system. Size of a hockey stick.
I replaced mine, was like 20 bucks. If bearings pile up, it fails.
Oh...I forgot that one. I have not seen this thing and ws assuming the one on the end of the mower by looking at the pictures

Ken told me they have them at tractor supply under 20 just have to measure it might just pick it up today just to try it out. Kid did a good job on it from what I can tell. Hell he took the money and bought a tractor with it!
I totally forgot that one. TJ is right. I will give you the money for it . I think you will like it Hoppy

Yes we now have snow after a mostly brown winter. My drain field froze up, fun times. How about you.

Just a quick coffee and heading over to the monthly kid's stamp club meeting... Trying to get to all of them since I am probably taking over running it in the fall.

Yes we now have snow after a mostly brown winter. My drain field froze up, fun times. How about you.
Most is melted away. We got a dusting yesterday. I had both cars out of the storage garage and tempted to go for a cruise but it needs to rain a couple times to clean the salt off the streets. Good to hear them run though.

-
Back