Stop in for a cup of coffee

-
That's typical everywhere. Not right.
Just how it is. They just tore down a popular restaurant and mini mall in my neighborhood to build expensive condos. 200 units.
Uh traffic? Parking ?
When I bought my place, a few decades ago, I lived out in the country! No longer, Freakin city is knocking practically on my door. Almost time to move.........And there is only two streets going north to south, and both are impacted by the HUGE increase in traffic bypassing the freeway, which is packed as well...

Wost thing is creating population density.apartment blocks bring the numbers up fast,and cities expanding at an alarming rate.
Its never going to get better. Back to replacing 11 feet of brake line.
Hope i can get a bleeder to open. And i dont mean my finger. It still hurts...

Cousin irv’s place was on the outskirts of the city,when he built he got an oversize double deep lot. Now hes being pressured to sell to the new developer.
The lot goes to the next street behind him,which wasnt there until a few years ago.

When I bought my place, a few decades ago, I lived out in the country! No longer, Freakin city is knocking practically on my door. Almost time to move.........And there is only two streets going north to south, and both are impacted by the HUGE increase in traffic bypassing the freeway, which is packed as well...
I'm really considering my daughter's suggestion to buy up here. For at least a part time home.
No sales tax no real estate tax. No building codes.. which I guess is a scary thought. Then again I can get 5 acres for 10 k.. throw up a shop and live out of it as a go.
Or buy something existing. I'm not getting any younger and I'm tired of city life.

Its no it as bad as I thought up here.

Cousin irv’s place was on the outskirts of the city,when he built he got an oversize double deep lot. Now hes being pressured to sell to the new developer.
The lot goes to the next street behind him,which wasnt there until a few years ago.

If I buy and build here my great great grand children can contend with development.
My grandson is who graduates this afternoon is poking at me also to move here.
My Son and his family where here over the summer. He already bought ground for when he retires from the Airforce.

I'm really considering my daughter's suggestion to buy up here. For at least a part time home.
No sales tax no real estate tax. No building codes.. which I guess is a scary thought. Then again I can get 5 acres for 10 k.. throw up a shop and live out of it as a go.
Or buy something existing. I'm not getting any younger and I'm tired of city life.

Well the "fake" global climate change has really affected Alaska, is lots warmer then in years past.

If I was single, I would be selling everything and moving for sure....somewhere!

Well the "fake" global climate change has really affected Alaska, is lots warmer then in years past.
32 this morning.
I guess temperature like everything else is relative to the individual.
All I do know i s the older you get the less tolerant to people and congestion.
I guess we all turn into good old Mr Wilson at some point.

Still pumping out ancient aquifer water, deeper wells all the time. It WILL run out someday if we keep it up...Very scary ..
which, without getting too political here, is why I think this whole California suceeding from the Union thing is so nutty. Do they not realize that much of their water comes from other states?! Heck the Colorado river no long reaches the ocean as it is completely sucked dry by LA county.

in Alaska?

If I buy and build here my great great grand children can contend with development.
My grandson is who graduates this afternoon is poking at me also to move here.
My Son and his family where here over the summer. He already bought ground for when he retires from the Airforce.
Doesn't sound like a bad deal Ray. It sure looks beautiful up there.

It would be nice to be able to brew 5 gallons and not dink with the bottles. Lots of washing and sanitizing needed. The keg system can finish a batch in a afternoon to a day or so depending on the beer. Manually it takes at least a week.

@toolmanmike, I got home from work last night, drank one of my home brews before the wife got home, and already was starting to feel it. She gets home and first thing she said is I need a beer. So she went down and got one and grabbed me another home brew. By the time I was done with that second one, I was getting pretty wasted. Im using the 740ml bottles, and had 2 beers down in about 1.5 hours. I have no idea what percentage that IPA is but damn, does it do me in.

Put rear brakes on an 01 Vovo V70. Has 350K on it :BangHead::BangHead: When I pulled the rear rotors, the linings for the Em Brk fell to the floor, ON BOTH SIDES...:BangHead: Anyhoo, got his brakes all squared away, and went to change his oil. Last oil change was at Valvoline Quick change. They must have used an air hammer to put the drain plug in, cause it was so tight, AND the hex head of the plug was rounded. I had to catch it in the edge with an air chisel to get it out. Luckily I have an assortment of replacement oil drain plugs. Hope this guy gets rid of this thing soon. BUT... her's got ANOTHER V70 also 01, with 280K on it.....:BangHead::BangHead:

@toolmanmike, I got home from work last night, drank one of my home brews before the wife got home, and already was starting to feel it. She gets home and first thing she said is I need a beer. So she went down and got one and grabbed me another home brew. By the time I was done with that second one, I was getting pretty wasted. Im using the 740ml bottles, and had 2 beers down in about 1.5 hours. I have no idea what percentage that IPA is but damn, does it do me in.
I have brewed some Lager around 10%. A few will set you back for sure! Light beer in Iowa is 3.2% ans regular is 3.6%. Double or triple the ABV is good!

Put rear brakes on an 01 Vovo V70. Has 350K on it :BangHead::BangHead: When I pulled the rear rotors, the linings for the Em Brk fell to the floor, ON BOTH SIDES...:BangHead: Anyhoo, got his brakes all squared away, and went to change his oil. Last oil change was at Valvoline Quick change. They must have used an air hammer to put the drain plug in, cause it was so tight, AND the hex head of the plug was rounded. I had to catch it in the edge with an air chisel to get it out. Luckily I have an assortment of replacement oil drain plugs. Hope this guy gets rid of this thing soon. BUT... her's got ANOTHER V70 also 01, with 280K on it.....:BangHead::BangHead:
Ouch my head hurts. 2 Volvo's? That guy just isn't right! :BangHead::BangHead::BangHead::BangHead::BangHead::BangHead::BangHead::BangHead::BangHead::BangHead::BangHead::BangHead::BangHead::BangHead::BangHead::BangHead:

-
Back