Stop in for a cup of coffee

-
I am out have a members distrib to spin up and a few others need a break from the truck today!

So the joke is on someone...
I was certain i decided on burnt orange...
525DF337-21AD-42EC-A043-89A2793AA175.jpeg
im going to run with it regardless...

Well I have good news and bad news...

First, sounds like my old unit screwed up my transfer paperwork, signed in the wrong damn place apparently. :BangHead::wtf:

Second, the new unit combined with the state is pushing my transfer order through today, so i'm out of that F'd up unit. So that's the good news.

Bad news, the new unit has my training days the same weekend as Carlisle so @Mopar Tim , we'll need to arrange a meet up place, I'll go ahead and paypal you the money in advance as well. That way I dont have to worry about it and we can avoid any pitfalls.

Can that be used on aftermarket Sun tachs? the polara has a 6 inch, very nice Sun Tach from the 1970s in it but I don't know if it works or not(yet)
Don't know right off hand, depends on current draw. Most of these boxes have low wattage resistors. Here's one on ebay for $36 that would prob suffice for a quick meter test.
Elenco RS-400 Resistor Substitution Box | eBay

Yeah, we thought about that. The card was labeled "To Mom and Dad" or something like that. Even though there's a language barrier the guy used to work as an aircraft mechanic at Sea-Tac airport, he's fairly intelligent, just don't know how honest. When I described the envelope I didn't get any kind of "I didn't see one" answer, that is kind of bugging me, just got "I'll check my tools" (he leaves them at the clients house when he's working a job, I've seen that.

Hire him to do another job, and make one or two of his tools "disappear"....

Then if he asks if you've seen them, say I'll check and see....

Last edited:
so the two leads connect to the gauge? how's it powered?
You can get decade boxes with it's own power source, they just cost more..
Or we could make our own with the schematic. LOL
image813.gif

Actually your right, I can make a bunch of the smaller ones a sell them at Carlisle.. Thanks for the idea! :)

Interesting thing you said that. I've noticed in 3 different locations where Sears stores has closed, there are the small mom-pop Sears stores being built, just like the one advertised
on TV.

I hope it can work out for the mom and pa shops...

I'm not sure if Sears has already ruined their reputation and the smaller guys will suffer for it...

The problem with our local Sears stores was you couldn't find anybody to help you... Nobody at the register, nobody in the aisles helping customers.... I would literally go to the main aisle and yell real loud, "Customer needs help in Tools" to try to get some help... :mad:

I'm not afraid or shy to yell out in middle of a store when I need help from an employee... Grandma wouldn't go shopping with after I did that in Home Depot... However, my yelling for an employee got us served right away and we were out of there within 5 minutes afterwards.... :steering:

You use the existing voltage as a source. You put the decade box inline with the wire from the existing sensor. All it does is add resistance to the current resistance (you knew that..)
Here's one for even cheaper.. Elenco Resistor Substitution Box - RS-400 756619000299 | eBay

You can get decade boxes with it's own power source, they just cost more..

View attachment 1715178942

Yeah, me and electric stuff just dont mix lol haha

I've also been known to help myself in restaurants when the service is bad... I will go in the kitchen or to the bus boy's station and get myself a glass of water if we can't get any service... :popcorn:

After they see me helping myself and I explain that we need a waiter/waitress to help us, we usually get better service....

A subtle hint can get their attention.... :poke:

Used to be that way in SC, they changed up the processes and it's MUCH faster now. When you first walk in the door they have an information desk and someone immediately gives you a number and assesses the paperwork needed and hands it to you on a clipboard. You go sit down or go to an open counter, fill it out. Not too long a wait before they call you number..:thankyou:

They do that here...

The local DMV in Midlothian is very slow and will kill 45 minutes to an hour and a half of your time...

If I drive 45 minutes to the full service one in Joliet, I can usually be served in 10 - 20 minutes.... :thumbsup:

I would rather drive for 45 minutes for little wait, than drive closer and wait forever.... :steering:

-
Back