Stop in for a cup of coffee

-
Great. One forecast says decent weather, turned on the news and rain every day. I dont know who to believe.

It's raining here finally, glad I got the deck stained. Also built my shelves in the pump house, time to load them up, radiator, hood, fenders, valence panels etc. will see what fits.

IMG_4210 (1).jpg

IMG_4212 (1).jpg

A 10 ply ,BFG All Terrain? Sounds ,nice ...what's the pocket books, pain ? ( You PAY what You get for ,here .. )...
Varies by size but for the size on my 99, 305/70/16, they were around 250-275 a tire mounted
When i worked with conservation, tires were a big issue.
Bfg were the longest lasting,wranglers were 1/2 the life at best. Bfg rarely got punctures,wranglers were constantly getting flats.
Identical trucks, same roads.
That is true. This last set of Wranglers got me barely 35,000 miles. The BFGs though, you're right, i dont think I ever got a nail in them over the 6 years I ran on them.

I agree on the BFG's, I always ran Mud Terrains, not as noisy as you think and last pretty long. Now I'm running some Schwabby tires, they are wearing a lot faster, think they are "Fun Country's"
ive been fairly impressed with the Mastercraft MXTs mud terrains. I jut had them replaced, 65,000 miles on a daily driver jeep at speeds up to 90 mph and never an issue. Only reason I went with the Wranglers this time was because they were running a memorial day sale that week and I got 4 tires for the price of 3. which ended up being the same as what the Mastercrafts were for all 4. Normally the MXTs are about 175-200 a tire. The Wranglers for my size are near 275 a pop.

Those are probably both better choices than my Toyo's. Never heard of the Mastercrafts, will have to look them up to check tread pattern, just curious

Years ago I was seeing one of those Cooper designs wearing every other lug. I guess with computer aided design maybe they worked that out. I like the pattern.

Years ago I was seeing one of those Cooper designs wearing every other lug. I guess with computer aided design maybe they worked that out. I like the pattern.
That was the SSTs. I hated those tires. Ran them for about 15,000 miles on my 98 3/4 Cummins I had, ended up selling that truck before they ran out fully, but by 15,000 miles, they were over halfway thru their wear life. Loud as heck too which is saying a lot on a straight piped cummins diesel. And they didn't perform well in snow at all, which i was surprised about. On highway, loud, skaty tire.

Yes that's the model I remember. It's amazing to me how some tires won't clean out etc.
Yeah. I've found mud tires that have fancy looking patterns like the Maxxis and even the Wranglers, take a much higher speed to clean out versus something that's a simpler pattern like the Toyo Open Countries or even the TSLs from Interco. Thats what I like about the Mastercraft MXTs, they are a very simple pattern really. no fancy interlocking this or that. and the price is nice

The cobalt goes through tires. Orgionally it came with Pirelli P5's Think I got 10k out of them at best.

They are a sticky low profile tire, They handled great could hit turns at 50 mph no sweat.

I have Coopers on the Magnum. I should have the paperwork from when I bought them in file. They have been on a while, need to see what miles I got...

I have Coopers on the Magnum. I should have the paperwork from when I bought them in file. They have been on a while, need to see what miles I got...
Cooper makes a very good quality tire, for a reasonable price.....

Well I have daylight now so that's my que. Have landscaping crew coming out to the house to throw bark and gravel, weed etc. I have to see how many Duster parts I can stuff in my new shelves before they arrive. Have a great day all!

Good morning. Yeah tires are expensive, do you have any brand in mind?
My local shop that I have used for years is a Cooper dealer. Good place, and in walking distance. I got the Duster tires from a FABO member -Rodney that lives nearby. Uniroyal Tiger Paw. Before that I had a problem with the Magnum and wife's Journey wheels corroding and losing air. He took them all off and cleaned rims and tire edge for me-no charge. Will see what he recommends/can offer first...

Guess who just got off the phone with the owner of that tire shop. I'm to meet him at noon today at the tire shop. He said he'll take care of it and make it right.

-
Back