Stop in for a cup of coffee

-
A couple of my favorites:
Mongoose_Cuda.jpg
Blue Sky.jpg

Landy's Dart looks really good with the rear fender wells radiused like that. I was having the same thought for my '72. Moving the rear end forward 8" hadn't really crossed my twisted mind though. :rofl:Yet

Landy's Dart looks really good with the rear fender wells radiused like that. I was having the same thought for my '72. Moving the rear end forward 8" hadn't really crossed my twisted mind though. :rofl:Yet
That would sure screw with the boys at the car show!

I saw a B Body at the Pismo Car Show 2 yrs ago with the Garlits Hilborn accessory poking through the hood. I never stopped to look if the wheel wells had been "massaged" to A/FX dimensions. Either way the car was just badass all the way around.

I saw a B Body at the Pismo Car Show 2 yrs ago with the Garlits Hilborn accessory poking through the hood. I never stopped to look if the wheel wells had been "massaged" to A/FX dimensions. Either way the car was just badass all the way around.
Hilborn is good for 2 things, idle or wide open. I had a buddy that struggled all summer with one of those.

Hilborn is good for 2 things, idle or wide open. I had a buddy that struggled all summer with one of those.
For all the world it looked like real injectors. I kept looking and saw the throttle linkage going "through" what looked to be the injector body. "It's Fake!" Then I did some research and found that Garlits Industries sold such a device. Looked real until you got right on top of it. I don't recall if it covered 1 fuel management device or 2.

For all the world it looked like real injectors. I kept looking and saw the throttle linkage going "through" what looked to be the injector body. "It's Fake!" Then I did some research and found that Garlits Industries sold such a device. Looked real until you got right on top of it. I don't recall if it covered 1 fuel management device or 2.
Port injected stuff nowdays can be controlled with the injector horns and air valves. Just the air side though. The fuel is controlled through a computer with a imput from a throttle position sender.

8 little K&N filters poking through the hood is certainly an attention getter. The electronics and modern injectors probably do away with the bad memories I have of my work mate's B/D. Cleaning the screens and nozzles every pass. 1 little lint ball on a screen and you had a dead hole. What a PIA. At least with zoomies it was easy to tell which nozzle you had to check :rofl:

It’s a good thing that it’s going to be cloudy and rainy for the next 2 days...I got more sun today than I thought.

8FA31570-ADF1-40F0-A265-A610203F41B9.jpeg

I am about to start pulling my hair out.

I am wrestling with a vacuum leak problem.

Its an intermitten vacuum leak and when it leaks, the engine bogs out and doesn't shift properly and yet when it doesn't leak , there is a ton of power.

I have used carb cleaner to try to chase it, I have gone over vacuum routing diagrams, even isolated vacuum circuits and still cant find it.

It only seems to happen on the road is the real problem. I would ask FABO experts but its a non mopar vehicle ....AGGHHHH

I am about to start pulling my hair out.

I am wrestling with a vacuum leak problem.

Its an intermitten vacuum leak and when it leaks, the engine bogs out and doesn't shift properly and yet when it doesn't leak , there is a ton of power.

I have used carb cleaner to try to chase it, I have gone over vacuum routing diagrams, even isolated vacuum circuits and still cant find it.

It only seems to happen on the road is the real problem. I would ask FABO experts but its a non mopar vehicle ....AGGHHHH
You have a bunch of folks here in the coffee club that have lots of experience with non-Mopar vehicles.

Ask away!

The more I am working on fords, the more I am starting to like them.

I can see why RRR likes them. They are cheap and easy to find (like Mr. Ben)

I may go ford one day ......(is she joking?, who knows)

-
Back