Stop in for a cup of coffee

-
sometimes it does it while hot and sometimes while cold.

if it did it when cold and didn't when hot, then I wouldn't even care and live with it but with it so random.....It's really starting to annoy me
A problem like that-thats hard to duplicate is a pain in the butt

But you can hear the vacuum leak?
It ges away at idle?
It could be the idle air control you are hearing.
Scanning them doesent tell you much,unless you are an old ford tech with the correct scan tool.
Those ones are a hands on- test the part kida thing.

Dont know if its possible, but i have made block-off plates to test for bad egr valves. Need a gasket and a piece of sheet metal.

A few sips of coffee and out the door this morning. Back to work. Unless they found some project, I will continue my light bulb changes. I became the 'light bulb inspector' about a month ago. Haven't even caught up with the changes from first inspection and its time to check them all again. 1000s of bulbs in this place. Must have changed well over 100 already. Most are
T8x4ft in open ceiling fixtures and I have to put plastic tubes over them and tape the end caps. They won't get the coated ones. Probably do office areas today. no plastic tubes, but its ladder work...​

A problem like that-thats hard to duplicate is a pain in the butt

But you can hear the vacuum leak?
It ges away at idle?
It could be the idle air control you are hearing.
Scanning them doesent tell you much,unless you are an old ford tech with the correct scan tool.
Those ones are a hands on- test the part kida thing.

Dont know if its possible, but i have made block-off plates to test for bad egr valves. Need a gasket and a piece of sheet metal.
Heres the base of egr, make a plate and leave big middle hole covered.

5F55596A-A040-4234-896D-F4D4AF793C2A.png

My diagnostic procedures are start with the free stuff, then the cheap stuff and move up fron there.

Hoses, like the ones that feed cruise control, pcv and such can split and leak when hot.

A few sips of coffee and out the door this morning. Back to work. Unless they found some project, I will continue my light bulb changes. I became the 'light bulb inspector' about a month ago. Haven't even caught up with the changes from first inspection and its time to check them all again. 1000s of bulbs in this place. Must have changed well over 100 already. Most are
T8x4ft in open ceiling fixtures and I have to put plastic tubes over them and tape the end caps. They won't get the coated ones. Probably do office areas today. no plastic tubes, but its ladder work...​
Not a ladder fan! 6’2” is as high as I get!

My legs would be screaming at me after a day of that!

Just finished off mount and belt tensioner for bead roller.
Found a scrap of sheet metal and tried it. I’m thrilled with the result. Its a win! Used up some junk, only thing i really spent any money on was the cheap bead roller.

morning all. been a way for a couple days. been pretty busy.

Got this purchased and onto the property yesterday. Looking forward to getting out of the newer but smaller one we are in now. I'm reading up on winter RV living, never done it, time for the heat tape!

IMG_4526 (1).jpg

A likely scenario ...

Some telecom co workers of mine just had the "ladder fun" removing all of the cabling in the overhead from a building some of our company was vacating. They asked the manager for a scissor lift, small one that actually can go on an elevator, they've used it before. Unfortunately for them, no lift, lots of ladder moving, that cost more money than the rental of the equipment. Oh well, stupid pays better I guess...

Some telecom co workers of mine just had the "ladder fun" removing all of the cabling in the overhead from a building some of our company was vacating. They asked the manager for a scissor lift, small one that actually can go on an elevator, they've used it before. Unfortunately for them, no lift, lots of ladder moving, that cost more money than the rental of the equipment. Oh well, stupid pays better I guess...
I have two of those lifts. Handy.

If you can find a guy that does mopar I have a box of bad ones that I would like done.

Those vac advances are a nightmare to start with. Why have a retard feature when you shut it off if there is no spark anyhow! I get the solenoid on the carb but WTF!

-
Back