Stop in for a cup of coffee

-
Sister sent me a Facebook ad for a local 76 Duster. Wife likes it, have vin and been looking it up. Any way to tell if this is a feather duster by vin? "special order /6" or? Vin is VL29C6G101348.
Not sure it will show on the VIN. Maybe the 'L'
The 1970 Hamtramck Registry - 1976 Pocket Secretary & Technical Data Book (Chrysler, Plymouth, Dodge, Dodge Trucks)

Here's a mention of the package in the dealer book.
http://www.hamtramck-historical.com...rshipDataBook/1976/76-Valiant-Duster_0018.jpg
the manual transmission would show on the data plate, and the A31 sales package might too.

Finally back should be a productive day here today no noise!
90188.jpg

Good mornng Mopar Freaks.....said with much respect.....NHRA sucks, well you know what they suck....Ford and Chevy need to build faster cars....Not make the Mopar slower!! Its called Racing.....:BangHead:

Well.....I guess I better go cut the acres, before it rains for two days....... Seez Yazz....

Wife just discovered a reciept,i undercharged a customer-dropped all of my labour. Whoops!
I’m in trouble now.

And another bill i mis-calculated.
One more and i get fired...

CINCINNATI (AP) — The last surviving Doolittle Tokyo Raider is still telling his World War II stories, and he enjoys hearing new ones that have been passed down to younger generations.

Retired Lt. Col. Dick Cole recently celebrated his 103rd birthday. And he’s getting ready to attend another air show, this one in Hillsboro, Oregon, starting Sept. 28. The Comfort, Texas, resident attended one in Oshkosh, Wisconsin, this summer.

He was mission commander Jimmy Doolittle’s co-pilot in the 1942 bombing attack less than five months after the Japanese attack on Pearl Harbor. The bold raid on Japan is credited with lifting U.S. spirits and helping turn the tide of the war in the Pacific.

“I think the main thing was that you had to go in with a positive attitude,” Cole said of the against-the-odds mission. “I really didn’t worry about it. It was our job, and we knew what to expect.”

The 80 Raiders were four years ago honored with the Congressional Gold Medal for their “outstanding heroism, valor, skill and service to the United States.”

Three Raiders died trying to reach China after the attack, and eight were captured by Japanese soldiers. Three were executed, and a fourth died in captivity. Cole parachuted, and he and other Raiders were helped to safety by Chinese partisans.

Cole has attended Raider-related events over the years, including funeral services in Missoula, Montana, in 2016 for retired Staff Sgt. David Thatcher, the 79th Raider to die. He also participated in 75th anniversary events in 2017.

Cole said since he was older than many of the other Raiders, he didn’t expect to be the last.

“I figured that Mother Nature and the good man upstairs would pick the time, and I wouldn’t have any control over it.”

He chuckled when asked what it’s like to be 103:

“A little bit slower than when you’re 102.”

0C0AABA2-7463-490F-BEEA-6EA1D22FEEC1.jpeg

CINCINNATI (AP) — The last surviving Doolittle Tokyo Raider is still telling his World War II stories, and he enjoys hearing new ones that have been passed down to younger generations.

Retired Lt. Col. Dick Cole recently celebrated his 103rd birthday. And he’s getting ready to attend another air show, this one in Hillsboro, Oregon, starting Sept. 28. The Comfort, Texas, resident attended one in Oshkosh, Wisconsin, this summer.

He was mission commander Jimmy Doolittle’s co-pilot in the 1942 bombing attack less than five months after the Japanese attack on Pearl Harbor. The bold raid on Japan is credited with lifting U.S. spirits and helping turn the tide of the war in the Pacific.

“I think the main thing was that you had to go in with a positive attitude,” Cole said of the against-the-odds mission. “I really didn’t worry about it. It was our job, and we knew what to expect.”

The 80 Raiders were four years ago honored with the Congressional Gold Medal for their “outstanding heroism, valor, skill and service to the United States.”

Three Raiders died trying to reach China after the attack, and eight were captured by Japanese soldiers. Three were executed, and a fourth died in captivity. Cole parachuted, and he and other Raiders were helped to safety by Chinese partisans.

Cole has attended Raider-related events over the years, including funeral services in Missoula, Montana, in 2016 for retired Staff Sgt. David Thatcher, the 79th Raider to die. He also participated in 75th anniversary events in 2017.

Cole said since he was older than many of the other Raiders, he didn’t expect to be the last.

“I figured that Mother Nature and the good man upstairs would pick the time, and I wouldn’t have any control over it.”

He chuckled when asked what it’s like to be 103:

“A little bit slower than when you’re 102.”

View attachment 1715226761
Was just watching a documentary on them last night. Wondered if any were still alive. Truly a different class of people back then

Ok....Done cutting the acres....Now to get back on the spare fuel tank for the Belve......

ah, its no big deal now that I got over it.

Every time I log into FBBO I run into someone's attitude problem. I can not log in for a year and then log in again and BAM ….attitude problem.

FCBO is such a nice and helpful crowd and so is FABO so what is wrong with B body guys. Is it like owning a BMW, like they minute they start driving a B-body, the instinct is to turn into an AssKlown ??

-
Back