Stop in for a cup of coffee

-
So, I took the SRT out for a ride after work and at the first stop sign I hear water sloshing around...and a lot of it.

Crap. I figured it was probably the sunroof drain holes clogged so I went up and down some steep grades to see if would drain from any of the drains in the four corners. No luck.

Unhappy and not looking forward to the PIA of unclogging the drain tubes, I parked on the slope in the drive way and got my flashlight from the garage to inspect the inside of the sunroof.

Turns out it was bone dry in there and water poured down the drains runs out freely. WTF?

The inside of the car is bone dry and all carpets too. The AC drain is functioning normally too.

Mystified, I went on the computer and searched for anything similar. Couldn’t find anything.

So I went back to the car to reinspect everything and noticed that when I had the front passenger door open for a while, there was a slow drip from the bottom of it. I swung the door back and forth quickly a few times and sure enough, water sloshing.

Turns out the drain holes for the door were clogged. A short wire tool to clean the crud out of them and about a half gallon of water came pouring out.

Beer time!
Almost funny but not! Cheers though. I am heading off to a Cedar Valley Malt Manifesto meeting. We sample spirits each month. No idea what we will be into tonight. Report at 10! LOL

Almost funny but not! Cheers though. I am heading off to a Cedar Valley Malt Manifesto meeting. We sample spirits each month. No idea what we will be into tonight. Report at 10! LOL
Just heard word. We will be trying some Iowa whisky. There was a group that sampled many but bought a barrel from Cedar Ridge. I hope to be sampling that tonight. You guys tasted Cedar Ridge at Ddaddy's.

Good Evening All! Here's a couple pics of my "Monday" (Tuesday). This is up at our communication site called Mt. Erie, not a really high mountain for these parts but there's a lot of rock faces that folks hang glide off of. Long story short I was told by a sight seer at the top that we had a power line touching the ground "over that cliff". I figured it to be fiber so went to investigate. Fortunately it is a copper splice so belongs to Telco.

IMG_4812 (1).jpg

IMG_4825 (1).jpg

IMG_4816 (1).jpg

Why? Got to get them when you can! Surprised I can still find some of these.

So, for a big block, are there better ones than others? Certain years or part numbers? I can get 6+ for $25/ea at a local yard just don't know what I am looking for.

So, I think I figured out why the door water issue on the SRT suddenly appeared.

Previous to 2 weeks ago, it was parked with the front facing on a downward slope. That front drain hole was seeping enough to allow any rain water to slowly drain out. For the past 2 weeks it has been parked at the top of the driveway with the rear facing slightly downward which allowed the rainwater to accumulate in that door. We have had a lot of rain in the last 2 weeks.

2 weeks ago when I drove it, there were no sounds of water sloshing...today there was.

Now that the drain holes are cleared, it should be fully resolved.

So, for a big block, are there better ones than others? Certain years or part numbers? I can get 6+ for $25/ea at a local yard just don't know what I am looking for.
Hoppy doesn’t read back. Your best bet to ask questions is to send him a PM.

OK, thanks Dave. I usually catch him first thing in the AM but I am off today and tomorrow so I wont be on when he is after work tonight.

OK, thanks Dave. I usually catch him first thing in the AM but I am off today and tomorrow so I wont be on when he is after work tonight.
I understand, Hoppy is a good guy and if you PM him he will be glad to walk you through your questions. Besides, if you can find him cores at a good price he will be all over returning the favor and helping you get what you need. :)

I understand, Hoppy is a good guy and if you PM him he will be glad to walk you through your questions. Besides, if you can find him cores at a good price he will be all over returning the favor and helping you get what you need. :)

Thanks. I sent him a PM.

Also, I had asked how old your daughter is that did the painting. It really showed well.

So, I think I figured out why the door water issue on the SRT suddenly appeared.

Previous to 2 weeks ago, it was parked with the front facing on a downward slope. That front drain hole was seeping enough to allow any rain water to slowly drain out. For the past 2 weeks it has been parked at the top of the driveway with the rear facing slightly downward which allowed the rainwater to accumulate in that door. We have had a lot of rain in the last 2 weeks.

2 weeks ago when I drove it, there were no sounds of water sloshing...today there was.

Now that the drain holes are cleared, it should be fully resolved.

Why is it filling full of water in the first place?

Dave,
Your family is very talented artistically and should stick with it. I haven't painted in years, but here is one I painted when I was younger. Better painter than photographer - crooked pic..

Painting.jpg

Thanks. I sent him a PM.

Also, I had asked how old your daughter is that did the painting. It really showed well.
Thanks, she really has artistic talent that she is working to develop. She is just turning 14 years old.

Both me and my wife are artists as is my wife’s mom. In fact my MIL was my middle school art teacher long before I dated her daughter.

My MIL sells paintings in the $10k+ range and has her works hanging in very famous hotels in Philly and N.Y.

We have several of her large works hanging in our home along with ones both me, my wife and daughter have done.

The nuts here don’t fall very far from the tree...LOL!

Why is it filling full of water in the first place?
Because no car door is designed to be water tight...just like sunroofs. The drains are there to let whatever water gets in to go back out again. It’s a car, not a submarine.

Thanks! That means a lot coming from someone with your talent. It is awesome you are able to be with such great artists.

Because no car door is designed to be water tight...just like sunroofs. The drains are there to let whatever water gets in to go back out again. It’s a car, not a submarine.
Just never had a door fill full of water before. Weird. And I park under pine trees, them needles and sap could clog up Nigra Falls

Thanks! That means a lot coming from someone with your talent. It is awesome you are able to be with such great artists.
Thanks, I do appreciate the gifts we have.

I have to tell you that your painting is good in very many ways...and that you have a great talent that should be developed. You appear to instinctively understand perspective, color and light balance that many spend years in art school and never master.

When it comes to the basic instincs and intuition, you either have it or you don’t.

You appear to have it. :)

Just never had a door fill full of water before. Weird. And I park under pine trees, them needles and sap could clog up Nigra Falls

It likely because the debris you experience is large that doesn’t make in inside the door rather than accumulating smaller debris inside that can cake in a drain hole.

In my case, it appeared to be mostly pollen dust caked into concrete and a few small bits of tree seed casings mixed in.

Thanks, I do appreciate the gifts we have.

I have to tell you that your painting is good in very many ways...and that you have a great talent that should be developed. You appear to instinctively understand perspective, color and light balance that many spend years in art school and never master.

When it comes to the basic instincs and intuition, you either have it or you don’t.

You appear to have it. :)

I really appreciate that. Here are a couple more I actually have pictures of. One is dated 1989. I was 13. Drawing and painting were my life up until graduation.

Painting 2.jpg

Painting 3.jpg

Painting 4.jpg

Painting 5.jpg

-
Back