Stop in for a cup of coffee

-
My son ( was ) a trafficker ......:eek::eek:
main-qimg-b78129b8287f362bb15e2c476bf4986a-c.jpg

FYI -my son is now a traffic flagger. Working near Pittsburgh.

That will keep him on his toes. Literally.
New freeway job we did in LA Basin. Portable ready mix plant I had. One of our teamsters was our traffic control guy and when we had big concrete pours at the far end of the job (5 miles away) he would put a lane closure on the public street (4 lanes) next to us so the mixers had easy access. Every time he put the lane closure out, the same guy (commuter) would drive over the lane closure knocking cones from there to Pasadena. Teamster comes to me one day, "Alex, can I have a little concrete for a project I have?". Next load I have we stop him before he leaves to get some concrete. Teamster comes to the mixer truck with a delineator cone with duct tape over the top and fills the cone with concrete :wtf: . Next lane closure gets put out I look out the window of my plant there's a tow truck on Foothill Blvd. Teamster is out putting his lane closure back in place. I wander out there when I get a break. Trail of engine oil. Teamster big smile :lol:. No lane closure incidents after that :rofl:

I don't know if you guys recall my buddy's 48 dodge coupe I posted a couple weeks back. Well, he finally decided he's gonna go 3rd gen hemi backed with a 518

IMG_5705.JPG

IMG_5716.JPG

hows them fires?

The advance of the really bad ones has slowed. Some areas of SoCal are without power, by design to avoid transmission line ignitions. The big fire to the north they expect was a power line failure that the utility company was aware of before the fact. No bloody good.

it might need a few other things first :rolleyes:
it does. but he's(we) are building the body around the engine/trans. so we have to at least physically have it in place to cut the firewall and make the trans tunnel as we build out the floor pans.

The advance of the really bad ones has slowed. Some areas of SoCal are without power, by design to avoid transmission line ignitions. The big fire to the north they expect was a power line failure that the utility company was aware of before the fact. No bloody good.
PG&E gonna get sued big time

The defogger vent slots are in there but that's it. Not drilling the dash for it. The 66 must have had one it is drilled just under the ignition switch in the instrument cluster on the metal dash if that makes sense.
I believe the switch mounts under the dash, it was similar to the map lamp on the passenger side below the glove box for the 65 SS. I will look for my service manual to see if I have an image.

That worked better than I expected...:thumbsup:. Was afraid PC7 was going to take a week to cure in these temps. but peeled of the plastic and tarpaper I had protecting it(wife stepped in one spot when she just had to come out and inspect :BangHead:) all good and ready for snow.
and good tillSpring without the pooch stepping through a hole.
8B144CA8-33AC-4D2D-97B8-DAD001A93477.jpeg

Well aint that just dandy... Our snow tomorrow is expected to turn to sleet and freezing rain around the time I go to work and everyone else is trying to go home. Probably head in early before traffic picks up. Maybe get lucky and they will keep the school busses off the road. They are usually getting out when I am driving in.

Well aint that just dandy... Our snow tomorrow is expected to turn to sleet and freezing rain around the time I go to work and everyone else is trying to go home. Probably head in early before traffic picks up. Maybe get lucky and they will keep the school busses off the road. They are usually getting out when I am driving in.
yikes, be safe

-
Back