Stop in for a cup of coffee

-
Found my missing yoke for the 904. Its junk.
Good enough to hold fluid.
I wouldnt run it. Too rusty.
It will chew up the bushing in the tail housing.
Think the guy i got 904 from may have the yoke. Wait, maybe i have it.

Question: here in Indiana, high school sports are held in HIGH regard. School pride etc continues throughout life. Folks that are in their 70s/80s still come out to playoff games.

Is this just an Indiana thing or nationwide?

Question: here in Indiana, high school sports are held in HIGH regard. School pride etc continues throughout life. Folks that are in their 70s/80s still come out to playoff games.

It’s a Midwest thing. They were the same way about it back in Cincinnati. On the East Coast...not so much.

Texas high school football is a religion.

It’s a Midwest thing. They were the same way about it back in Cincinnati. On the East Coast...not so much.

Basketball is that way here. Football is starting to take it over though

I think it's a small town thing. Farming communities... See some here-mostly with football. People that grew up here and stayed here still supporting their school

I think it's a small town thing. Farming communities... See some here-mostly with football. People that grew up here and stayed here still supporting their school
That may be so. For areas like this where large parts of the population went on to College, high school was quickly forgotten. Their alumni support goes to their College or University, not their high school. Even most of the people who didn’t go for education beyond high school don’t go back to support their school.

I was very surprised to see it so prevalent among among College educated people in a city like Cincinnati where high school allegiance was stronger than to their College. I worked with a few dozen professionals with BS, Masters, Ph.D. And MBA degrees that had seasons tickets to their high school sporting events and intended to have them for the rest of their lives.

I live in a small town east of Denver. Around here what ever sport it is, the town virtually shuts down on Friday or Saturday.

Here’s an interesting piece of data.

In reviewing the electronic records of the past 6 years of my working life, I have received over 70,000 emails that need responding to (add another 30,000 that were trivial, but needed to be reviewed before deleting).

Give 3 minutes to read, process and respond to those emails, that totals nearly 2 years of full time work employment just doing that. That’s 1/3 of the past 6 years total work time.

Considering that more than half of them could have been avoided by simple conversations with people directly, that’s at least a 17% loss in productivity just because people choose email as a primary communication form rather than engaging in direct discussion.

Kinda scary.

Too many people use email as a way to clear something off their desk and throw it on someone else’s desk...often engaging several more people than needed to be involved. A question that could be answered in a 2 minute phone call sometimes takes days to resolve and swirls up more engagement by multiple people than is necessary. It’s too easy to copy the World on something they don’t need to pay attention to, but now are forced to because it arrives in their in-box.

We are far too rapidly becoming the disconnected “connected” society...and what once improved efficiency now severely degrades it.

Here’s an interesting piece of data.

In reviewing the electronic records of the past 6 years of my working life, I have received over 70,000 emails that need responding to (add another 30,000 that were trivial, but needed to be reviewed before deleting).

Give 3 minutes to read, process and respond to those emails, that totals nearly 2 years of full time work employment just doing that. That’s 1/3 of the past 6 years total work time.

Considering that more than half of them could have been avoided by simple conversations with people directly, that’s at least a 17% loss in productivity just because people choose email as a primary communication form rather than engaging in direct discussion.

Kinda scary.

Too many people use email as a way to clear something off their desk and throw it on someone else’s desk...often engaging several more people than needed to be involved. A question that could be answered in a 2 minute phone call sometimes takes days to resolve and swirls up more engagement by multiple people than is necessary. It’s too easy to copy the World on something they don’t need to pay attention to, but now are forced to because it arrives in their in-box.

We are far too rapidly becoming the disconnected “connected” society...and what once improved efficiency now severely degrades it.
Yep, once the enter button is tapped It's gone off their desk.

Yep, once the enter button is tapped It's gone off their desk.
It gets even crazier when the Head of Regulatory who sits just 15 feet from my desk sends me 5 emails in just a few minutes when all she has to do is walk over to me and have a conversation.

And she is a 35 year Professional that came up like I did before the age of emails. The millennials are even scarier, emailing each other from cubes that sit side-by-side when all they have to do is talk to each other over the 12” high wall that separates them.

Humanity has retreated into their own skulls, barely aware of the World around them.

It’s almost like some warped dream-state of existence.

Email can be a timesaver if it's tough to get everyone together that needs to weigh in on something. Also assures that everyone gets the same info. But I agree a one on one conversation is far more productive than a back and forth email. Although, if the other person is a knucklehead I don't want to talk... Also, good CYA for people that forget or flat out lie about being told something to shirk responsibility.

Email can be a timesaver if it's tough to get everyone together that needs to weigh in on something. Also assures that everyone gets the same info. But I agree a one on one conversation is far more productive than a back and forth email. Although, if the other person is a knucklehead I don't want to talk... Also, good CYA for people that forget or flat out lie about being told something to shirk responsibility.
Its a double edged sword, in some cases useful and other cases (when inappropriately used) a total failure.

The problem is that too many people can’t seem to figure out which is which.

I rarely use e-mail.
I have many customers that text,
Saves me having to answer phone calls when im up to my elbows in the parts washer.
The telephone customers, i can call back if they leave a message.
The biggest time killers are the drop-ins to make an appt or ask questions. An hour can disappear pretty quick.

I cant fathom 60,000 e-mails.

I rarely use e-mail.
I have many customers that text,
Saves me having to answer phone calls when im up to my elbows in the parts washer.
The telephone customers, i can call back if they leave a message.
The biggest time killers are the drop-ins to make an appt or ask questions. An hour can disappear pretty quick.

I cant fathom 60,000 e-mails.
I get between 50-100 emails per day. In the last week, I have averaged 35 emails coming in between the time I left work and arrived home (1.5 hrs) which is typical when we are very busy.

I often spend 2-3 hours answering them after I get home from a full day in the office. Add in the evening conference calls 3 days a week and I put in 70-80 hours every week.

Now you can get an idea why I am so burned out...and have such a low tolerance for stupidity and inefficiency.

And also why my art is such a refuge. Making you guys smile with my creations is the highlight of my week...and worth far more to me than my paycheck.

Nope. Not for me. I would lose my ****.
I have a low tolerance for stupid people.
If i get too many calls/texts i put my phone where i cant see or hear it. I deal with them when the job is done.
Or when my mood improves.
Crap jobs and too many interruptions tends to make me frank.

I really dont give a flying f if the
Customer cant wait their turn.

Nope. Not for me. I would lose my ****.
I have a low tolerance for stupid people.
If i get too many calls/texts i put my phone where i cant see or hear it. I deal with them when the job is done.
Or when my mood improves.
Crap jobs and too many interruptions tends to make me frank.

I really dont give a flying f if the
Customer cant wait their turn.
Unless I am WAITING for a call my ringer is off. I do not have sound on for any alerts for text, email etc. When I have time, I look.. Best way to contact me is on here. LOL

Morning.
I see stars shining. So maybe sun again today.
Nice.

-
Back