Stop in for a drink.

-
I am posting this here as there may or may not have been whiskey involved! Note to self..... When playing tug of war with 100 pound hound and a knotted rope, one must be prepared for the dog to decide to let go. Ensuing physics lesson results in knotted end of rope impacting with the forehead of perhaps the less intelligent of the two combatants. Going to go to work tomorrow with bruise on forehead!

I am posting this here as there may or may not have been whiskey involved! Note to self..... When playing tug of war with 100 pound hound and a knotted rope, one must be prepared for the dog to decide to let go. Ensuing physics lesson results in knotted end of rope impacting with the forehead of perhaps the less intelligent of the two combatants. Going to go to work tomorrow with bruise on forehead!
:rofl::rofl: (sorry)

Today was a good day. Not very much visible damage in the light today beyond what I posted last night. No crabs in the traps this morning, the muddy canal must have kept them away.

But by around 1 pm, the snapper blue fish started hitting again and the big schools of peanut bunker were cruising up and down the canal like usual. Caught another dozen snappers and got a bit more color from the sun too!

Finished cleaning and filleting the fish and working on some cold beers now...

8244C5FB-1596-42AC-A7B5-A0EE5987F5ED.jpeg

LOL that's a good girl Hemi treats will be there for ya soon.

Today was a good day. Not very much visible damage in the light today beyond what I posted last night. No crabs in the traps this morning, the muddy canal must have kept them away.

But by around 1 pm, the snapper blue fish started hitting again and the big schools of peanut bunker were cruising up and down the canal like usual. Caught another dozen snappers and got a bit more color from the sun too!

Finished cleaning and filleting the fish and working on some cold beers now...

View attachment 1715382152
Num num beer and fresh fish sounds good. You best put some lotion on you your getting burnt my friend.

Num num beer and fresh fish sounds good. You best put some lotion on you your getting burnt my friend.
I’m using SPF 45 but it’s not enough. Oh well, I will try to apply a bit more often...but it’s hard to remember to take the time to do it when the fish are biting!

Well this is an interesting turn of fortune!

I left my previous job a couple of months ago for a new one with better pay and security, but also signed an agreement with the previous employer to remain as a consultant on an “as needed” basis (they haven’t asked for anything since).

Tonight when I checked my email, I found a notice from them that I was was being laid-off. ...WTF?

It seems by some weird twist of the agreement, I am still legally considered an “employee” and because they are letting all the staff go as they fold up and paying severance based on years of service, they are paying me 4 months pay at my previous full-time rate, giving me cash for 6 months of health insurance coverage and paying me 3/4 of what would have been my annual bonus!

Well then...that beats the hell out of a stick in the eye!

I think I will have another beer...and giggle for a little while!

This business is crazy...just can’t make this **** up!

Well this is an interesting turn of fortune!

I left my previous job a couple of months ago for a new one with better pay and security, but also signed an agreement with the previous employer to remain as a consultant on an “as needed” basis (they haven’t asked for anything since).

Tonight when I checked my email, I found a notice from them that I was was being laid-off. ...WTF?

It seems by some weird twist of the agreement, I am still legally considered an “employee” and because they are letting all the staff go as they fold up and paying severance based on years of service, they are paying me 4 months pay at my previous full-time rate, giving me cash for 6 months of health insurance coverage and paying me 3/4 of what would have been my annual bonus!

Well then...that beats the hell out of a stick in the eye!

I think I will have another beer...and giggle for a little while!

This business is crazy...just can’t make this **** up!
Wow sounds like I'll join you in having a beer to celebrate.

Wow sounds like I'll join you in having a beer to celebrate.
Thanks, I think I’m gonna have 2! This stuff is crazy...but I am not about to complain!

I even called the CFO to verify it was correct. He said it sure is...but please don’t ask for more, I’m not sure we can do much better.

I thanked him and said this would be fine, I won’t ask for anything more.

LOL!

:lol:

Thanks, I think I’m gonna have 2! This stuff is crazy...but I am not about to complain!

I even called the CFO to verify it was correct. He said it sure is...but please don’t ask for more, I’m not sure we can do much better.

I thanked him and said this would be fine, I won’t ask for anything more.

LOL!

:lol:
Sounds like it's time to up grade something like retirement a new car or drink another beer and think about it. Good job Ddaddy glad it happened for you.

Sounds like it's time to up grade something like retirement a new car or drink another beer and think about it. Good job Ddaddy glad it happened for you.
Thanks! I will just plow the good fortune into my retirement account and my daughters college fund. They say good things happen to good people...but that rarely ever seems to apply to me!

It’s nice to have it swing my way for once. :)

Thanks! I will just plow the good fortune into my retirement account and my daughters college fund. They say good things happen to good people...but that rarely ever seems to apply to me!

It’s nice to have it swing my way for once. :)
Just your turn enjoy and Glad your able to help your daughter.

-
Back