Stop in for a drink.

-
This one is 2 gallons. I doubled my Octoberfest for 4 gallons and my Orange Shandy makes 5 gallons. I am a member of a local group, a statewide group on Facebook and the Mr. Beer group on Facebook. I am also a member of a forum or two.

Nice. Have you given any thought to going to all grain?

I am working my way there.

It's well worth it. The quality of our homebrew dramatically improved once we made the switch. It makes for a longer brew day, but again - well worth it. In fact, most times now, we'll mash in the evening, then brew the next morning. Splitting it into two days is a lot easier for our schedules. Good luck!

It's well worth it. The quality of our homebrew dramatically improved once we made the switch. It makes for a longer brew day, but again - well worth it. In fact, most times now, we'll mash in the evening, then brew the next morning. Splitting it into two days is a lot easier for our schedules. Good luck!
It is raining today so no outside chores. I think I'll start a batch of "Yule Like This Ale" . It's a partial mash using Munich and Crystal malt and then adding Amber Ale liquid malt.

20190919_090411.jpg

20190919_091720.jpg

20190919_093247.jpg

Let's see, I have:

Lager
Orange Shandy
Canadian Blonde
Octoberfest
American Ale
Yule Like This Ale (in ferment)
Chocolate Orange Stout (in ferment)

Let's see, I have:

Lager
Orange Shandy
Canadian Blonde
Octoberfest
American Ale
Yule Like This Ale (in ferment)
Chocolate Orange Stout (in ferment)
**** Toolman a guy could get drunk walking in you house from the smell.
Can I come over :)

Just having a few cold beers and working on some images.

Funny thing about beer and art...they go great together!

3F1876BB-5128-4DF7-A9CD-D691C9EC60BD.jpeg

Just made a 1.6 liter yeast starter for an English brown ale we're brewing this weekend. Cheers! :thumbsup:

View attachment 1715396464
I have been having a interesting conversation with the gal from Mr Beer about yeast starters. I have always had great luck with a starter but she says no that the yeast is too active that way. It stresses the cells. But the last instructions I read it said to use a whole envelope of their recommended yeast in a 2 gallon batch. The yeast packet said it is aggressive fermenting yeast and 1 packet will work with like 15 gallons. LOL I have 2 batches going right now and the one I started was active within a few hours. The one I didn't start is slow and lazy. Very little activity in 24 hours. :BangHead::BangHead:

Just a little American Lager to wet my whistle. Simple but delicious.

20190920_183453.jpg

I have been having a interesting conversation with the gal from Mr Beer about yeast starters. I have always had great luck with a starter but she says no that the yeast is too active that way. It stresses the cells. But the last instructions I read it said to use a whole envelope of their recommended yeast in a 2 gallon batch. The yeast packet said it is aggressive fermenting yeast and 1 packet will work with like 15 gallons. LOL I have 2 batches going right now and the one I started was active within a few hours. The one I didn't start is slow and lazy. Very little activity in 24 hours. :BangHead::BangHead:
Don’t be fooled by a slow process. It may turn out better than you expect.

Don’t be fooled by a slow process. It may turn out better than you expect.
It's hard to be patient when you don't see much action in 24 hours or so. Beer is pretty temperamental for infections. The faster the wort gets to the next stage the better. Now distilling is something different. Wild yeast in the air can give you some crazy flavors. Beer infections aren't good.

So is she saying on a 2 gallon batch we only need about 1/3rd the yeast?

So is she saying on a 2 gallon batch we only need about 1/3rd the yeast?
The instructions said to use the whole package but the yeast said it's good for many gallons. That's the one I am having a slow start with. It will go. It has plenty of sugar in it. I will do a starter if I have to to get her lit! LOL

-
Back